main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Spoiler tags is a great idea. The name can be on the outside of the tag and click below to reveal the piece like so:

Rexie
    [​IMG]
    This piece is still a WIP but you get the idea.

TrakNar likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Or have the tag include the name, like so:

This is an example

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That works out better actually

4. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Thanks Corellian_Outrider. There were a lot of reasons why I came to Japan... I think mostly it was boredom with my life as it was. I do still love traveling back to get eat meat pies though. :)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. MissHavok

MissHavok Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi All.
    I've been looking through some of the art here, it's beautiful. So many talented artists. I hope to look in more detail soon and comment.
    Question, though - is graphic design, sort of like my avatar considered welcome here? I draw and all, thought not as much as I work in photoshop.
    and what are the rules that go with it, if so? I know some forums require references and such with each post.
    and does it have to be Star Wars only or can some of the HP, Iron Man, all of that stuff be posted, too?
    Sorry, I ask a lot of questions but I'd love to have an artist thread - just wanna do it the right way.

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've seen other threads with only Photoshop work, so I assume that it's fine. As for non-SW stuff, everyone else does it.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002

Welcome MissHavok :)

As TrakNar has said, we welcome all forms of art and from all forms of fandoms, though it be nice to see some SW related art from time to time ;) For more information about the rules and these forums, these two threads will hopefully answer a few questions too :) Looking forward to seeing your works.

[quote="Sith-I-5, post: 51093848, member: 709637"]I am assuming this sith goes here, for anyone who is interested.

[url]http://www.fantasypumpkins.com/carving-the-deathstar.htm[/url][/quote]

Nice find Sithy, that was pretty amazing and to see the work that went into carving that.

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Head up that the EU Gallery is finally open for all to enjoy! Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions which helped get it off the ground.

Of course it is a bit bare but I plan to update the Index and a special section dedicated to the entries from the EUC/Fan Art Challenge and possibly add the previous Fan Art Hall of Fame at a later date.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Okay, there is a bit of a hiccup when I was putting together everyone's art from the first EUC/Fan Art crossover challenge.. there is an image cap per post. However, as a work around, I'll do hyperlinks to the artworks instead for the Hall of Fame section. When it comes to individual posts, when you reach that limit you can create a new post and I then index them together, if that makes sense.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Small note to announce that we have a new thread for Art Requests and the old one has been retired. Will try and get the EU Gallery's index sorted out soon and then get my own art thread updated again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Hey, just a question that's a rather basic one but I couldn't find the answer in here.
    Is only Star Wars themed art accepted or can I post in my thread all the random doodles that I do?

Thanks.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya The Hellhammer

We welcome all forms of art and from all forms of fandom so you are allowed to post art that is not Star Wars themed :)

The Hellhammer likes this.
  14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Great! Thanks for the info. The gallery is up and will be updated more or less regularly ;)

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope everyone is going well for this holiday season. I know some of us have been flat out with DRL. I had wanted to get the art gift exchange happening this year but by the time I had an opening, the timing was too late. We do have the Holiday themed gallery still going if anyone does create anything festive during this period and would like to show them off.

I've updated the HTML coding for the EU Gallery's index and the works with the most votes has been highlighted gold. A quick question, would you also like see the winner's pieces from previous Fan Art Challenges added to the index? Also let me know if you do find any hiccups with the links, I've double checked it but sometimes things slip through.

There was something else I wanted to say but it has now slipped my mind.. oh well, it'll come to me. I hope everyone is having a great time and keeping safe :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I would like to see the winner's pieces added.

Very busy at the moment with editting and completing my Nano novel here on the boards and making new art for it.

[​IMG]drawing

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd like to see previous entries as well.

As for me, I plan to spend tonight chained to my drafting table and get some much-needed work done.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'll go through and compile them to the list. :)

If things go well I should be able to make much more progress this coming week on storyboarding and designs for one of my projects.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, last night's plans ended up being more of looking through my art books. But, isn't that how it always is? 99.9% flip through your art books, 0.1% actual work? :p

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That and research :p It is where inspiration mostly comes from.

Which type of art books do you have? I'm slowly building up a collection of my own.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mostly sci-fi/fantasy books, with a bunch of comic-related books, several SW books, and the usual collection of art instruction books.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Most of mine are in the vein of "The Art of.." series on productions like the Adventures of Tintin, Tangled, The Clone Wars, Zelda: Hyrule Historia, etc. I do have a couple about the great masters and impressionists and James Gurney's Dinotopia books.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I have a few "Art of..." books mixed in my collection. Counting what's out on my desk now, I have:

-Anatomy for the Artist
    -Spectrum 13 (I want more of these books. Lots of sci-fi/fantasy work from a variety of artists)
    -Comic Book Design
    -Drawing Comics the Marvel Way (it's so old and beat-up that it's held together with tape.)
    -Several other books, including fantasy art landscapes, anatomy, crime noir comic design, perspective, acrylic techniques, digital painting techniques, more sci-fi art techniques, cartooning techniques...
    -Two manga books
    -Art of Don Maitz, art of Chris Achilleos, Kaori Yuki, Virgil Finlay, Josephine Wall, Alex Ross, HR Giger, Luis Royo, Shirow Masamune
    -Art of TCW, Star Wars Visions, Art of Hellboy 2, Sci-Fi Art: A Graphic History, Sci-Fi Art Now, Anime Poster Art...

I don't think I have enough.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed, can never have enough :p and there are so many options to get at the bookstore that could go broke to get a fraction of them. There is the matter of space and where to keep them, I'm pretty much out of room but I can think of a few ways to keep them all together for when I get more books.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    If anyone asks me what I want for Christmas, I'll just say a Barnes & Noble gift card. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.