1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jan 31, 2005.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    That's pretty much what I've been doing; alternating projects. I have a little side project that I've been doodling and it's been helping immensely, as it's simple and lets me unwind. I've got one serious project in the concept stages, a commission planned (need to get to the store for another sketchbook and other supplies), and I moved another sketch card project up to the top of the list and did some research for it. However, I'm not yet ready to tackle that, so it's been put on the back burner.

After several days of anatomical studies and concept designs, it felt great just to doodle cartoons for a bit.
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  2. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I am glad to hear that you have been able to unwind and feeling a bit more refreshed with the alternating projects. Also good to know that you are still keeping your drawing skills active. I hope that your mojo does come back in full force soon!
  3. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Once I get these other projects done, I might be more motivated to draw some sketch cards. The problem was the subject matter. I just simply got burned out on drawing SW and wanted to branch out.
  4. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Branching out and mixing things up is good, always great to have variety to round out your portfolio.

If it helps with returning to the GFFA, maybe tackle a subject that you haven't done much work on whether it be landscapes/creatures/vehicles/characters/etc.
  5. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I do not know what is wrong with me. Writing is not the problem, but drawing and painting is the past months. The only things I did so far were some cute sketches for the kindergarten kiddos that I work with. I usually get so much "presents" from them, that I like to return the favour once in a while.
  6. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I am glad to hear that you are still drawing with those sketches. Is it an inspirational or a motivation thing that could be affecting you AzureAngel2?
  7. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think I must get better with living in the NOW, like my wards.

My mind is always too preoccupied with the past or the future. Or simply stuff.

I can just paint when I am at peace with myself. It is almost a Zen-like thingy, dear Outrider.
  8. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I hope everyone else is going well.

Deadlines have eased up on my end. Now back to the other productions I have in the works and I should be doing a few art updates along the way while I get things going on this side of things.

Aiight, full speed ahead for me.
    "Forth Eorlingas!"
  9. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been tied up in a video promo project lately, and the bulk of it is finally done. Now it's just minor adjustments to the sound. We're hoping we can release it soon.

It's a promotional trailer for the web series project Bagged & Boarded. Since there's lots of cussing in it, I can't post it here. When it's released, would anyone be interested in seeing it? I can add you to the PM list from the Fanfic forum where I've talked about it already.
    Last edited by TrakNar, Jun 16, 2014
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  10. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I hope that it is going well.

Yes, you can add me to the PM list please.
  11. Antlers Jedi Master

star 1
    [IMG]
    TrakNar likes this.
  12. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    At present I am wrapped up with SW presents for children, nephews & some of my kindergarten kiddos as well:

[IMG]

It is not real art & my poor finger tips do mind needles drilling in, but it is fun to do.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider