main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey Yane :)

Regardless of how little planning time you have until C3, I bet you'll have a fabulous time there! It really is soon now.

The multimedia section of TF.Net main has always been a good resource for images: Multimedia section: images

edit:hmmm...the link seems broken now. It was working when I first posted it. Hmmmm....

2. Rocie

Rocie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2003
    Link is working now. Like my hand. Finally better enough to hold a pencil without hurting, and wouldn't you know, the baby decided to bite my arm again.

That kid's grounded until after a nap! ;)

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words, Obi-Dawn! :D It did take quite a long time to do all of that. Too many markups for my liking. :p

As for going to C3 - no, I won't be able to attend. I'm short on money with school and everything and we just made reservations to Disney World in July. So, I'm saving up for that. ;)

aesop2021, I think such a thread is a great idea. If it's alright with you, I'm going to change the title of the thread you already made to make it official and add it to the index. :)

gatodama: Unfortunately we are not allowed to use our own icons on the boards. We're trying to keep a family friendly atmosphere and there's some crazy people out there who would take this opportunity to use obscene images.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
  5. Rocie

Rocie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2003
    Guess what, guys and gals! I've updated my 'big project'! Check it out in my thread, Rocie's Art.

I have been a bit bored at work, not being able to get on here. I've taken to coloring a little more of my drawing on breaks and in the mornings when not many chats are coming in. (on-line customer support is my job now).

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see you're finding time to draw, Rocie! That's great news. Oh, and I also left you a critique in your thread if you want to check it out. ;)

Okay, I have a question. For you artists out there that use digital media, how do you go about putting together a portfolio or actually have the piece to touch and frame outside of the computer? I just recently discovered that I enjoy "painting" my images with PS and I really want to print them out and maybe matte some without being in low quality. Do you use glossy paper for this or what do you suggest?

7. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
  8. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm now on DeviantArt!

hah! I wouldnt be suprised to find the majority of people here to have a deviant art account too! everyone has deviant art account(atleast i should hope so)

because DA is so coo! -no?

9. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    I've tried Painter IX and Bryce. Painter IX is fun - watercolour, mixer... Though I should get a tablet for it, because it doesn't look that well with a wobbly mouse. Bryce 5 is cool, but very hard to figure out. I couldn't find where it closes down until I opened it a second time. The first picture turned out nice, though.

10. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Hm.. is the watercolour tool in Painter IX much like the ones in Painter 6 and 7 by procreate? I'd love to get my hands on THAT kind of watercolour tool... because i have to admit... watercolours in Painter 8 suck. to me they do... I guess it really isnt my thing.

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I just want to ask, is anyone else having problems with the boards at the moment?

Everything is VERY slow and images that are not saved on my cache are not showing up at all. It's also taking close to 5 minutes to load the Fan Art forum and it's getting VERY frustrating. And I'm on DSL... [face_frustrated]

EDIT: Argh! Finally things are back up to speed!

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Giving this a bump. :)

13. Jediloren

Jediloren Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    Rocie you picture is great. Now you can get to the Assignments that HanSolo29 gives out.

14. DCJosh

DCJosh Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    >__>

<__<

15. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    How do I do bryce pictures like Rochr's?

16. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Hm.. is the watercolour tool in Painter IX much like the ones in Painter 6 and 7 by procreate? I'd love to get my hands on THAT kind of watercolour tool... because i have to admit... watercolours in Painter 8 suck. to me they do... I guess it really isnt my thing.

The watercolor tool in Painter IX is much better, and it can do all the things that could be done in 6 and 7. However, they screwed up the airbrush tool... it causes strange artifacting like it's on a drip mode. Corel people put out a word that they're going to release a fix in the form of a patch 'soon', but who knows when that will be.

For now, I actually left Painter 8 on my computer and I switch to that or even open up Photoshop when doing major airbrushing. It's pretty annoying.

17. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    Yane, I bidded on you. Your mine. Muhuhahahahaha

18. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  19. no_disintegrations

no_disintegrations Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    ^The second image looks like it turned out to be pretty accurate.

I just signed up, it's nice to see all of the artwork here, I'm going to scan some of mine and post it soon.

how do you go about putting together a portfolio or actually have the piece to touch and frame outside of the computer?

Glossy paper and the best printer possible!

20. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hello everyone. I'm Darth Snuggle, newbie to the Jedi Council Forums as a whole and a brand newbie to this forum in particular. My SW fan art is rather limited as I only recently became involved in the SW online community via "Knights of the Old Republic," but I'm hoping to expand my portfolio soon.

Okay, I'm off to post my first piece :)

21. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Just checking in, haven't been here in a while-- I haven't had my regular materials, been focusing on other things, etc. Still, I love fanart (see it and doing it), and have had a ton of fun here!

22. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Welcome Darth Snuggle!

23. jedi-master-faran

jedi-master-faran Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2005
    cant wait to see ur stuff snuggle ;)

24. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks SkyWookie and jedi-master-faran! It's always nice to be around artists who share a common interest! :)

25. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Welcome to the forum, Snuggle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.