main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Artist's Lounge - Social Thread Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Congrats Obi-Dawn! :D

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Congratulations, Obi-Dawn! You're such a grown-up, now...

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks you guys! :)

You're such a grown-up, now...
    [face_shhh] I can still buy SW toys though, right?

We have been thinking of names, but nothing is decided yet. Most people we tell immediately assume we'll name it after a SW character, but we've decided against that. The closest we would come is to maybe use Lucas as a middle name for a boy.:-B

4. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Wow, definitely grown up. Congratulations!

Don't say it's just an excuse for you to sit through the Star Wars saga under eight million times, though :)

Was he/she planned? Or was it a happy surprise?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's wonderful, Obi-Dawn!

Congrats! :D

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  6. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
  7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Planned. :)

Thanks for all the warm wishes. I appreciate them. :)

8. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I don't know you, but good luck and condratulations with the baby! My friend is a few month ahead of you, and she's loving it! Only 17, it's so cute with her lump. ^_^

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm going to add my warm wishes to all those already expressed to you Obi-Dawn!! Congratulations, once again! And lol at the "I can still buy Star Wars toys, right?" question!!

And Suz: how cute is Baby Mickey???!!! Adorable!

FF

10. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I never understood the little-girl/pony thing. Why not just go all the way and ask for a horse? It's like asking for the keys to a Yugo when you could have a Ferrari.

LOL! :D I can't believe I missed that!

Obi-Dawn!!! A huge congratulations to you! :D Wish you all the best and loads of happiness in this time! Look forward to random people rubbing your belly, glowing profusely and crazy baby name suggestions! :)

11. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    FF: He is cute, isn't he? I thought the picture was fitting with all the talk of disneyland and then the pregnancy announcement.

I never ever once wanted a pony as a kid or wanted to go to Disneyland. Infact, I still don't (for either one).

...Is there something wrong with me? [face_laugh]

- Suz ^_~

12. TroubledAnakin

Dec 18, 2004
    Yay, Obi-Dawn I'm glad you got what you wanted. That makes it all even more wonderful! Congratulations again!

And, you know, you must keep your oldest, dearest collectibles safely out of the way. >.> Nothing like baby chew to ruin a two hundred dollar die cast model, or dried on milk to crack the paint off Han's face - or, for when it gets older, scissors to ruin your favourite dress, or, my own personal hated favourite (and this actually happened to me) a child with a love of paper, ruining poster after poster. *shudder* My original Matrix posters. x.x Thankfully he's old enough to know not to do it now - and my special edition OT posters are quite safe. Phew.

Bath time! *lifts rubber ducky high in the air and runs*

13. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Oh wow! I just had to tell you guys this. I'm on my way to DragonCon in a couple of weeks and I'm adding the finishing touches to my costume. I'm going to be Shaak Ti and it looks soooo sweet! I'll have some pictures very soon.

14. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    No for the pony thing, but yes for Disneyland. You can't really appreciate how cool it is until you go there. Plus, they have churros for the low, low price of $6 dollars US. What a deal!

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Selk wrote: I'm on my way to DragonCon in a couple of weeks and I'm adding the finishing touches to my costume. I'm going to be Shaak Ti and it looks soooo sweet! I'll have some pictures very soon.

Awesome!! Can't wait to see! I'll bet that's a tough costume to create--especially the headress and makeup! Have a great time, and we'll look forward to the pics!

wick wrote: About Disneyland/World: Plus, they have churros for the low, low price of $6 dollars US. What a deal!

[face_laugh] Sort of takes some of the "magic" out of the Magic Kingdom, eh? [face_laugh]

FF

16. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
  17. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    The head is made of paper mache, chicken wire and lots and lots of paint. The tails are essentially just big pillows.

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks again for the warm wishes everyone. :)

Corellian Rogue, oh yes! The crazy baby names have been pouring in. I think the funniest was 'Indiana Lucas'. Those two names put together with our last name, which starts with an M, would make the baby's initials 'ILM'. Now, that's a weird/clever Star Wars name! [face_laugh]

Oh Suz, I agree with wick. Disneyland is just one of those things that can't be fully appreciated until you go there. But I don't think there's anything wrong with you. :p
    My husband never went as a child, never cared to go as an adult. Well, I made him go a few years back and his eyes were wide the whole time. He kept asking, "WHY did my parents never take me here as a kid?" It was precious! [face_love]

TroubledAnakin, sounds like you've had your hands full! LOL!
    Thanks for all of the sound advice. There's more than a couple of irreplacable collectibles around the house that will need to be packed up for a while. I remember the horror when my niece, who was only four or five at the time, got her hands on my vintage Leia figure and promptly broke her head off. :_| It was hard to get mad at her though, she was too cute. tee-hee....

Oh, Selk, have a fabulous time at Dragon*Con! I'm going to sorely miss being there this year. I can't wait to see pics of your costume. Will you wear it to the MOTF contest on Saturday?

Sky, I'll have to take a look through that forum. Looks interesting. :)

19. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    "Oh, Selk, have a fabulous time at Dragon*Con! I'm going to sorely miss being there this year. I can't wait to see pics of your costume. Will you wear it to the MOTF contest on Saturday?"

Thanks

No I won't be putting Shaak Ti in the contest on Saturday though I will be in the contest on Saturday as Bossk. This is the costume that I made for the Episode III premiere. What do you think?

Shaak Ti will be in the parade though if I ever get anyone to email me the forms.

20. TroubledAnakin

Dec 18, 2004
    I hope you have a wonderful time at Dragon*Con! I wish I could go, but I'm probably about as far from it as you can get x.x Maybe when I'm older, and have more hair, and less time, and airplane tickets *deviant grin*

Hope you like the badge :)

You make sure you have great fun, eh? And tell us all about it, and take loads of pictures. Then again...Bossk with a camera... That's just too terrifying a thought to think about right now.

21. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    That's an awesome Boskk costume. That seems like a challenging character to try to tackle, so kudos for giving it a shot.

22. Selk

Selk Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Bossk took three months to build and two and half of those months were spent on the head. The head is chicken wire, paper mache and posterboard (Shaak Ti's head is made of the same stuff.). It was definately a labor of love. My chief reason for doing this costume is because no one else would, I like making costumes that not many people have done.

23. TK-2432

TK-2432 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2005
    Hey all!

What are the dimensions for the banner? Or can someone supply me with a template? :) (including the left side margin thing)

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    TK-2432, I think you should be able to find all of the specifics in this comms thread: Official Banner Makers Thread.

Hope it answers your questions. :)

25. TK-2432

TK-2432 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2005
    Oooh, thanks :D

I will be the best banner maker ever! On my street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.