main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ascension of the Queen (sequel to By the Grace of Lady Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    This is going in the bookmarks, I love Vader AU fics especially ones with Padme in.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Booking marking? Good idea... :)

3. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Next post will be tomorrow night (well, tonight -- Tuesday night)... :)

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Hi, guys. Back at it, I see.

Query #1: Mon Mothma tries to kill Amidala. Which would make Vader Emperor. Big improvement. She couldn't expect to take them both out, right? Mothma is smarter than that. It's also not clear who kills her.

Query #2: They expect Leia to start training the same day she regains consciousness from a life-threatening injury?

Very well written story, as usual, and Amidala's looniness is very well conveyed. But some scenes appear to be there because they play, not because they make any sense. Which is melodrama.

5. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    1. I think she figures that if Vader is the Emperor, the "We love Amidala" crowd won't be as quick to follow, and the Rebellion will get some of its numbers back. I thought it was clear that Luke killed her, since he's standing there with the lightsaber, and it was a blue flash, not a red one.

2. Good point. My thought was that Leia had really been bedridden longer than she really needed to be, and had been wallowing in her injuries because they let her not think about anything else, and Amidala allows it because it gives her a chance to be a complete caretaker. But when she has a chance with the chair to get up and around, a part of her mind wakes up with it. Vader knew it would, since he'd be the same way. However, re-reading, that's not entirely clear, is it? ;)

Thanks for the crit.

(Of course, I like melodrama... ;) )

6. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    They expect Leia to start training the same day she regains consciousness from a life-threatening injury?

I thought it was fairly clear it wasn't the same day...after all, she was conscious at the end of the first story (when she took her mother's hand), and this is after that. Also, there's been a routine established (her mother says and does the same things when she comes into the room), and she been getting better (she can now move her head without her neck hurting). How could all of that happen in one day?

And I agree with Fern on point #1...

Hi, guys. Back at it, I see.

As are you, I see. :p And, geez, you say melodrama like it's a bad thing... :confused: ;)

7. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    YEEHAH!

I knew you guys had it in you! Boy, did I let out a shout when I saw this subject on the board.

Now I understand why that quote from LV appeared in your sig, JG! :D

Great opening, JG, as usual. Amidala is just as scary as she was at the end of LV, and now it at least seems as if Luke is comfortable in his new Dark role. Leia is holding out, but already starting (willingly) in her training. Since she's so like Ani, and Vader knows this, one wonders if she will be able to resist following the Dark path that Vader will have constructed specially for her...

Speaking of which, not that I want to end up spoiling something, but what does the title hint at? Since Amidala already took the throne at the end of LV, could we be about to witness the ascension of a different Queen...? Uh oh...

A technical question: you wrote LV as a literal parallel to Empire, borrowing (and rewriting) scenes from the film, and generally improving on the ESB novelisation. What are your plans for this one? Are you going to parallel ROTJ, or do you feel you've gone too far afield already to use anything?

Whichever, I'm hanging on - this is gonna be good! :D

As long as you guys post (very) regularly, that is. ;)

8. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    I LOVE IT!!!!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! !!HAHAHAH!!! YAYAYAYAY!! I like it... even though i love it... it is sad to see padme so evil and mean... ::sobs:: poor natalie ::sobs:: Oh well, i still love it ::sobs:: :)

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Is it tonight yet? 8-}

Can't wait to see the next part! :)

10. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    <starts hyperventilating> Oooo...I can't WAIT to start reading this...but I'm afraid I'll have to hold off for a couple of days. I have to finish taking finals, finish packing and cleaning, and then...I'm getting married. :eek: :) I think I better wait. Erg....patience, patience... But I will certainly be reading this, quite voraciously, as soon as I have the time! :D I'm already hooked and I haven't even started!

11. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    You're getting married? Congrats! :D

PROLOGUE

She would have had us battle ready weeks ago. Without even breaking a sweat.

Han heaved a sharp sigh and gestured to his troops. "Alright everybody, break off into your groups. Squad leaders, you have your assignments. I want to see everyone on top of things this time." He paused to give them a slight grin. "The last team standing gets out of the remaining drills for the afternoon ? and gets the knowledge that in a firefight they're most likely to escape Her Ladyship's forces alive." Some low laughter was heard. "Come on, guys, let's get going."

The squad leaders quickly began giving out instructions, and people started gathering the supplies and weapons needed. Soon, they were heading off in different directions from the Rebel's makeshift base, and into the greenery of the forest.

Han leaned against a tree and nodded at Chewbacca. "Think they'll be able to handle this one?" he asked. Chewie growled an affirmative. "I don't know?" Han replied. "They have been handling the tougher drills so far. They're almost starting to look like an army." He paused. "Better late than never, I guess."

Sure, flyboy. Just take your time.

He could almost hear her say it ? he still almost always expected a sarcastic response to nearly anything he said.

"We should watch this one ourselves, Chewie," Han said. The Wookie was already headed over to their speeder.

Han developed this drill to give him a better idea of how his Rebels would do in a run-and-gun shootout with enemy forces. The better squads would be role-playing as the Empire, chasing the other squads throughout the thick forest brush until all had either escaped, been captured, or been "killed." Han wasn't big on military planning ? and hadn't been even with the old Alliance ? but this was necessary if they were ever going to be more than a nuisance to the Empress.

And without Mon Mothma, this was even more completely on his shoulders than it was before. Losing her had been a body blow to the Alliance, and they certainly couldn't take many more ? any more ? of those. Han had decided to deal with the loss they way he had dealt with things before?get back work, and quickly. They all needed the distraction, and needed to know that the Rebellion was going to keep on. He just hoped the results of today's exercise would be positive.

She wouldn't be worried about the results. She'd just find a way to make this work. Like she always managed to do.

Han climbed into the two-man speeder, waiting with Chewbacca while the squads got into position and started the exercise. Chewie began talking to him, but Han wasn't listening.

Look, you can't keep comparing every single thing you do to what she might have done.

You can't.

Easier said than done. She was the Rebellion ? had been the Rebellion. How could he stop thinking of how she would handle things?

Stop thinking about her? How can ?

Chewie snapped at him, annoyed at being ignored. "What? What is it?" Chewie repeated what he had been saying ? a question about how Lando was making out on his assignment. "Don't know, pal," Han replied. "I thought we would have heard something else by now, but after what happened to Mothma?" Han trailed off, a sickened frown momentarily creasing his features. "?Who knows what's going on in that palace. I'm not going to worry about it unless we hear he's been captured. And whenever we do hear from him, we'll get more information in one shot than we've been able to gather in months."

After a second, he added sarcastically, "Who knows? Maybe he'll even get in a few shots for us while he's there. Think he could punch Luke right in his face without her Ladyship executing him on the spot?" Chewbacca chuckled. "Oh, come on, it might be worth a try."

Luke. The farmboy traitor. Some people had wondered why Han forgave Lando so quickly after Bespin. What they didn't know was that Ha

12. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away?

Star Wars
    Episode VI
    The Ascension of the Queen

The reign of Lady Vader has seemingly restored peace, if not liberty, to a war-weary galaxy. Only a small band of Rebels, led by Han Solo, continue to fight against her rule.

Meanwhile, Leia Organa, last in her family to resist the Darkness her mother represents, struggles against her new Imperial life, and the Sith training her father and brother plan for her.

As Solo prepares to rescue his Princess, the Rebellion is led to the Outer Rim, where Lady Vader's increasingly tyrannical rule is compelling planets to join the desperate fight to bring freedom to the Galaxy?

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Those were great posts, A-P!

They make me feel like I'm at the beginning of a great story. ;)

14. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Marvelous posts, ami-padmé :D :D :D :D I'm still so glad you guys started this up again :D [face_blush]

Don't you think the Rebellion is going over its head though by thinking they can defeat the Vaders so easily? I think so :( They have so much confidence that they can beat them that they may lose the battle (which I'm hoping for :p [face_blush] I'm rooting for the Vaders this time :) :p

Hope to see some more soon :)

15. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Dang... that was good. *happy sigh*

More please...

~Meredith

16. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great posts, ami-padme! :D I think the way Han was reacting in that post is right on. Well-detailed and it sets up a very exciting story to come. Great job! :D

17. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Very cool. I loved his reaction when he thought Lando had done such a dangerous thing for no reason, then when he realized what he'd really been sent, just watching it over and over.

18. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    very cool! i can totally see han wanting to take up this role of putting the rebellion back together, since leia had been so dedicated to it. and now he knows she's alive!!! :eek: i wonder how she will react when she finds out *he* is alive too...

19. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I loved "By the Grace of Lady Vader"...I'm glad you guys are doing a sequel!

A few questions:

1) Are we going to see some of the "Palpatine-like" things that the Vaders have been accused of doing? It's seems somewhat jerky to go from the ending 'Lady' when everyone cheered for her to now where Amidala is said to be a tyrant in her own right without showing proof of it.

2) Are Ben and Yoda comming back? Leia would be a good target for them to focus on. I'd hate to think Leia is all alone in trying to figure out the Force.

3) Are we going to see Piett and Co? Are there going to be any scenes taking place on board the Executor?

Just curious. Keep up the good work! :)

20. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

21. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    1) You mean aside from removing voting rights, appointing only senators who are in her pocket, and setting up indoctrination centers? ;) Yeah, I think it's fair to say that we'll see some other nasty stuff as well.

As for the other characters... I think anyone who's still around has a healthy chance of dropping in.

22. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    That is great! I love it!!! ... i wonder how it will end. I hope that padme realizes what she has become, she isn't the same person... i miss the old padme NO!! okay.. don't listen to me, it is a great story! CONTINUE!! HURRY! DO IT NOW I TELL YOU NOW!

23. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Han's instinct to rush off to rescue her is natural, but I have a feeling that it is probably doomed to fail at this point. Since my interest is always in Luke, I am interested in seeing just how deeply he has gone over to his parents side and how he got to the point that he is at now. Killing Mon Mothma was a bit of a shock but then again he was still trying to protect his mother. However he did it so casually. When we left he was still in a rather grey area, but knew he couldn't go back. Han really resents him now so that meeting should be explosive.

You give us lots of things to look forward to. :)

24. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Great story. I like Han's sad introspection. Please continue!

25. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Yay! A sequel!!! Wahoo! ::AQ dances around happily::

It's great to see this happening everyone! BtGoLV was great, so this one will probably be awesome as well! You've done a great job so far!

I wonder if Leia will find out that Han is alive. And what if Han is brought face to face with Luke. THAT should be an interesting confrontation! :D

Great job so far! Keep it up!

AQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.