main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ascension of the Queen (sequel to By the Grace of Lady Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    We're going to keep a pretty regular schedule of posts. The next one is tomorrow, possibly early because I work evenings, but if not, it won't be until after ten EDT.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great! :)

We'll be here for it!

3. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Very good post. You've captured Han's character quite well! I love it! Keep up the good work

...and I hope he gets the princess back too!

[face_love]

4. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    regular schedule of posts are good. looking forward to it :D :D :D

i love this story! can you tell i still haven't gotten over the whole, "oh yay, a sequel!" reaction? :)

5. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    OOOOH, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

IT'S HERE! WOO HOO! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great! Please continue!!! :D

6. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    I love this story! :)

7. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    I love it too!

8. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I think I'll go ahead and do it before work rather than after today...
    -----

Just after harvest the year Luke Skywalker turned seven, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru had brought him to the Sand Fair outside Mos Eisley. There had been acrobats and games, rides and tale-tellers, games and races. Luke had gotten sick from eating some kind of fried food sold to him by a Rodian.

But the thing he remembered most clearly and most often was the holochamber, in which a person could have his head scanned and projected onto all kinds of cheaply rendered bodies. Aunt Beru, with a rare giggle, became a Twi'lek dancing girl, then a gruff Gamorrean guard. She had made funny growling noises at Luke, who was entertaining himself by looking at his boyish head on the shoulders of a burly athlete.

He thought of that holochamber often now, as he put the finishing touches on See-Threepio's new body.

It was still covered with gold-colored plates, but it was more graceful and streamlined than his old one, with smoothly hinged joints and a slender, flexible waist. Luke had adjusted the neck to support the structure of Threepio's original head -- it just seemed wrong to take his vocoder and his face from him -- but the appearance still struck him as odd and imbalanced, as out of place as Aunt Beru's dancing eyes above Gamorrean tusks.

"Wesa coming up on Malastare, Lord Skywalker."

Luke looked up from the bolt he'd been adjusting at Threepio's hip. "Thank you, Corporal Ailan."

The Gungan nodded somberly and backed out of the room, not turning until after the door had slid shut completely. It had taken a year for Luke to get used to this behavior, but Mother had finally gotten it through his head that they took it as an insult when he wouldn't let them follow the manners they knew when addressing nobility. The title itself hadn't been too difficult, basically because he'd been afraid he'd need to change his name as Father had, and the relief at not needing to do so had overshadowed any discomfort with the small addition.

He turned on the switch in Threepio's neck and, the droid rose smoothly to his full height, now three decimeters taller than Luke. He was capable of carrying arms, should they be needed, but Luke preferred not to have him display weapons right away. That wasn't the message he was conveying. The weapons were only a last resort.

Besides, Luke thought Threepio might well short-circuit at the very idea.

"Master Luke," Threepio chirped. "I must say, this is a vast improvement. It -- "

Luke held up his hand. "Threepio, we've nearly arrived at Malastare. I want you to observe and record, and note any discrepancies between what I'm told in Basic and what is said in the native language."

"Why, yes, sir. Of course. I am programmed in etiquette and... "

"Threepio."

"Yes, sir."

The ship shuddered out of hyperspace, and Luke gathered a small team to accompany him to the surface. A saboteur's raid had destroyed a minor munitions factory and left some security issues in question, and Father wanted Luke to investigate personally, to judge whether they were truly taken by surprise, or if they had been complicit in the sabotage. It was the sixth such attack by the Rebellion, and both Luke and Father were sure there was something of a pattern.

Three Gran officials met them at the shuttle pad, and took them by speeder to the site of the factory. There was almost no talk in the speeder. Luke sensed only the normal nervousness of soldiers whose defense had been broken.

A tall Gran with one missing eyestalk (the middle one) came out of the burned doors when the party approached. His name, Luke remembered from the briefing, was Tiyyim. He looked genuinely agitated, and Luke felt shame coming from him. His honor had been attacked with the factory. "Lord Skywalker," he said, bowing. "Lord Skywalker, my deepest apologies to you and to Her Majesty. Our security was clearly inadequate and -- "

Luke held up a hand. "You were outmatched, and I sense that you did not betray us. You will

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, no! :eek:

I hope Han can get to Leia before Luke goes home.

Oh, poor Han. The Vaders could get him even before Luke does.

More soon, please!

That post was amazing.

10. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Luke could be in trouble now if they find out he lied about Han. I can imagine Luke will not want to lose Leia to Han either.

11. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow! What a great post, JG! From Luke's flashback to Threepio's new body, to the mission on Malstare, everything was so well done. Luke personality is becoming a complicated one and I can imagine there will be some hell to pay when Amidala and Vader learn the truth.

Great job! :D

12. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great Post! I can hardly wait for Han and Leia to see each other! :)

13. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Wonderful post, JG!

Luke scares me... [face_shocked]

~Meredith

14. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    great post! luke is completely brainwashed by his parents, isn't he? he only seems to see his mother's rhetoric. then again, the rebels seem to be more of troublemakers than anything else right now in their actions, and with the position he's in, it's easy for him to see things that way. and amidala seems to have a very strange view on how to rule a galaxy...but that's i suppose to be expected, considering her mental state....

can't wait for more :D :D :D :D

15. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Aww! Asbe was so sweet! But Luke... whoa. He sounds as if he's much, much older. And it scares me.

I have to wonder what Leia's reaction to Luke's betrayal is now. She said that it still stung, but will she still hold a grudge over it? In a way, I wouldn't blame her if she did. To her, he betrayed everything she'd worked so long to build.

Great post!!! Keep it up!

AQ

16. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Luke scares me.... man i am still sad. Padme has gone.. how shall i say this... COO COO!! COO COO!! HAhAHAHAH please let something zap her back to the way she was. Or realize what she is doing... for me? heheheh just do whatever you planned on doing! KICK BUTT STORY!

17. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Loved it. GO HAN GO! I hope he gets to Leia before Luke does...and MORE so before the Vaders get in the way.

Also, I loved the part with Luke and the Gran. I thought it was kind of cute! Very nice to see Luke is still Luke...though in a weird sort of way I guess.

*sigh*

Hope he doesn't become too...um...like his mom or dad. Yikes. Great Job!

18. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    Cool story! I loved how Luke is convinced that his mother's reign will be better than Palpatine...it's so easy to fall into this type of false assumption after years of civil war....you accept even a benign dictator not seeing the big picture that it is the system that needs to be changed, not just the ruler.

I like how Luke's character slowly evolves, will there be any conflicts between Luke and his parents in the future? Just wondering.

Keep up the good work!

:)

19. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    :eek: looks like everyone is in trouble of some sorts :( I'm still rooting for the Vader's though ;) That post with Luke scared me a bit :eek: eep

Awesome post :D More soon? ;)

20. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Luke is a little scary, isn't he? Though I liked the scene with the crowd; he certainly seems to have settled into a role here.

Great post. :)

21. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Yeah, Luke really knew how to play to the crowd.

22. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    This is so great! I hope that Han gets to Leia before scary Luke does-though I don't know what Han would be able to do against the Empress of the Galaxy and the Dark Lord of the Sith. But he alwyas manages to get himself out of those crazy situations-that's why we love him. Wonderful posts!
    Eirtae

23. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Upping. What really worries me about the way Luke is acting is, I can easily see him starting to follow in his mothers footsteps. He's hearing voices, telling him to see what his mother is really doing but he has this need to help her on the other hand. Does he crave her love and acceptance too badly? He knows that he lied to them, but he had wanted to protect Han and yet he feels guilty about it. Not a good mental state to be in for one's sanity. Then there is Leia. What does he really want to happen to her? Is he so far gone that he would kill Han if it came down to it? Very scary indeed.

24. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Bravo! Very good! Luke and Threepio were both very well-written.

And the plot thickens.... ;)

25. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks everyone! I have to admit, there's a certain amount of stage fright on this. [face_blush] I'm glad that scene worked for people.

(The schedule we're planning for posts is Tues-Thurs-Sun)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.