main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ascension of the Queen (sequel to By the Grace of Lady Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Man, I know I am going to sound like the most pathetic loser on the planet right now, but I have to say this: That post was so touching it made me cry. It was one of the most heart-wrenchingly beautiful scenes I have ever read. I am lacking in so many words to express how I felt about it-Even preparing for Amidala to die, I'm amazed just how powerful that scene was. Preparing for it didn't help at all. :(

:_| *grabs some tissues for herself and starts sobbing* :_| The Queen has ascended, force rest her soul...

I hope there's some sort of afterlife for her (IMO, it was never fair only the Jedi have proof of an afterlife in the movies), and Luke would be there to welcome her.

God knows the poor women deserves it. :( She and Anakin have been dealt such cruel roles in life; one can only hope they got a better deal in death in the SW universe. :(

I, too, want to see the last message. I wonder how Vader and Leia will react when they see that...

2. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    WAAAAAAAAAAAIILLLLLLLLLLL :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

And now Piett will fall on his sword in despair, I believe...

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes it would be so nice For Amidala to be with Luke. The two would be together in death andshe can be what she wanted to be for him a Mother.

Vader can be a Father to Leia and help her.

4. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Enigma:

I love how well you express yourself. :)

I think Leia will be fine after awhile; she's got Han, a lot of friends, and now has quite a bit of freedom in setting up the government. Don't know about Vader. Lost his wife and son (again) in just a few hours, the Empire is basically bye-bye and he is stuck in the suit, although he does have a daughter who could use him. Kinda curious if it'll be left at that.

I definitely agree...and share your curiousity.

5. Fragilityfemme

Fragilityfemme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Must...not...sob! It was a very, very bad idea for me to read the posts I missed, in the middle of school before going to English class...now I'm all teary-eyed and I just know that people are going to be looking at me odd because I'll be sniffing to myself during English *sniffles*.

This has been an amazing story, Jedi Galadriel and ami-padme, and I'm so glad that I've stuck with it, even if I'm trying not to sob. The characterization has been amazing and the emotions have...well, I think everyone's feeling mostly the same about the emotions portrayed in this story!

I'm hoping that tomorrow's post will show us Vader/Ani's reactions, as well as Leia's...somehow I get the feeling that at least one of them will *feel* Amidala dying, even though she's far away in a Naboo fighter.

Could someone pass the box of tissues, please? I feel a sob coming on.

Christine

6. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    <passes tissues>

After re-reading this and NOT bursting back into tears (but coming pritnear to it, again), I found that it made me think of the back and forth between Obi-Wan and Anakin on the clonetrooper ship when Ami falls out. Anakin demands to go back; Obi won't let him and finally confronts him with the question of what Padmé would do.

"She would do her duty."

And.....she has.

<sniffle>

Another thought......will Ani think back to Obi-Wan's warning about how "not well" Ami was and try to connect that to her actions to stop the missle?

7. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    And now Piett will fall on his sword in despair, I believe...

LOL, Shezan, I hadn't thought of that. He does strike me as the fall-on-his-sword type, now you mention it.

What does become of poor Piett?

8. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    :_| *WAAAIIILLL*... *grabs box of tissues and uses the whole thing up* I NEED MORE TISSUES!!! JG!!! that was so beautiful and sad! :_| :_| :_| :_|
    P.S. can't wait for the Leia/Vader reactions!!!

9. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Nooooo! The Skywalker family is becoming an endangered species!

10. Kidd

Kidd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    OHMG!
    What will happen to Piett!?!?!

(Ah please don't kill him it would be such a waste)

Poor Ani/Vader and Leia! don't kill Vader, because then Leia will suffer the most and that's not fair!!

I wonder if Vader and Leia felt her dying? her moment of anguish or even got her message! I wonder what happens now that she died (I mean read the Fic's title). Like Amidala saw her little Luke. I wonder if child Luke and Queen Amidala's spirit will make one last visit....

You guys I think you should make a little page dedicated to this fic ^_^ it is sooooo good! a lot of people that don't visit the TF.net boards would enjoy it!!!

11. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    [face_plain] you can't kill Piett... but at the same time, you must kill Piett, b/c hat's what Vader does... especially if it caused Padmé to die... I agree with Kidd; a visit from little Lukie and Padmé would be very nice!

12. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't know if Vader would kill Piett for this. He was given orders, which he followed, and he never showed any kind of problem before. Vader's changing...I doubt he'd go into kill-kill mode (which, in my opinion, only really happened in ESB, when he was crazed about finding Luke).

On the other hand, I could be entirely wrong...

13. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    I agree with Darth_Silenous. I think Vader has changed significantly since those days long ago. I just hope that Padme's death doesn't ruin his progress.

14. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    excellent post. can't wait for the next one

15. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I don't want Vader to kill anyone. It not for his character to change and grow so much... only to fall back again. To me that would be crushing.

In short let's just have Ani back.

16. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I specifically recall from 'First Encounters'- which is sort of a prequel story to 'The Penitent'- that Amidala felt Vader die, and certain emotional truths are universal in stories JG is involved with. So my guess is that he and Leia probably both felt her death.

17. Kidd

Jul 12, 2002
    Yay! I got some replys ^_^ indeed this story is beautiful and I'm eager to now what happens, of all the things I do in my life I sometimes find myself thinking about this fic, wondering what will happen next and this is weird because I usually don't do this while I'm reading a fic.

Awww no Update?! (You're updating today tuesday, right?)

Anyways I'm done talking!
    So now this post ascends!

Up, up and Away!!!

18. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    UP yours, Mr. Post. lol- j/k, I'm sorry, I just had the urge to say that. [face_mischief]
    Anywayz, carrying on the discussion. I agree, that Vader/Anakin has changed, and that I prob. wouldn't be surprised if he didn't kill Piett either... cuz Piett's cewl. But still, the thought keeps nagging at me that Vader would kill Piett, or at least do something to him...
    I mean- Vader couldn't just let Piett off the hook could he? <---may-b I'm wrong. :D even if Piett's following orders... may-b Vader would be too blind to see that truth... or may-b not, 'cause he's changed so much... uh-oh... I think I'm arguing with myself again... *am not!* <are too!> {shut up both of you!} [face_blush] we're sorry for the interruption.
    So yea... can't wait for nxt post!!!

19. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Tucked away, in a corner of the basement of the Imperial Command Center on Naboo, a couple of ensigns were tooling around with a few of the lesser-used frequencies on the comm link. Their commanding officers were locked in the conference rooms above them, having left behind strict orders to interrupt only for the most pressing and urgent issues. The missile should have hit by now, and there was nothing to do but sit and wait.

Except down here. Rebel defectors had always been welcomed in Lady Vader's armed forces, but not many of them had been welcomed into the upper echelons of the military yet. So while the commanders and admirals sat around and waited for the ruined Imperial systems to come back online ? which they were doing, in completely unpredictable fits and starts ? a few ensigns were trying to put their knowledge of Rebel tactics and communications to use.

Of course, their information was fairly outdated, since nearly all of them had abandoned the Rebellion after Bespin. But after a few tries, they were hitting the right frequencies, and were receiving all sorts of random messages. Bits of underground news channels, some actual Rebel communications (someone thought they heard a Rebel reporting to an Imperial captain, but everyone decided that he must have heard wrong), random people on both sides from all over the galaxy who had also stumbled on the Rebels' working channels trying desperately to raise anyone else?nothing useful or informative, and nothing to justify the effort that had put in so far. But they kept trying.

And then? Someone thought they heard her voice. Someone else tried to strengthen the signal. Someone realized there was a visual with this message. Soon, everyone was crowded around one of the small viewscreens, looking at a frozen image of their Empress and waiting. As the playback began one of the more technically-gifted ensigns quickly overrode the viewscreens in the commanders' conference room, so they would see the message as well.

The last time I came before you all, was to usher in my ascension as your Empress. Today, I come before you to tell you that I have failed. I have failed you in my years in the public realm, as Lady and Empress Vader.

You gave me your faith, your hopes, and your dreams. And I answered your gifts with betrayal.

In Mos Espa, Amee and Seek looked at one another in utter confusion, while their Imperial patients strained up from their cots to get a better view of Lady Vader on the viewer stationed near the front of their tent. The Rebels had their own viewscreen on a few yards away. The townspeople were watching in a nearby store. There was a slight echo effect from all the different comms tuned to her speech.

"What is she talking about?" Amee whispered, feeling a sudden fear that she couldn't explain.

"Where is she?" Seek replied. "I thought she was here on Tatooine. Does that look like Tatooine to you?" Amee shrugged distractedly.

You placed your faith in me to bring you peace. You believed I would restore order. You trusted that I would not be the same ruler as Palpatine was.

And perhaps I was able to do some of that.

But the methods I used to fulfill those promises were shameful, and corrupted the good I tried to do for you.

The platforms on Coruscant were packed with people, on every level, from the highest spires to the lowest ghettos. Humans and aliens of all kinds watched as an eerie silence held the city, broken only by her voice, and the buzz of engines in the flying lanes.

The Empress was truly loved here, and Coruscant had never really been the same after she decided to move the capital to Naboo. They missed her, especially the alien population of the lower levels that had flourished under her rule after years of the harshest oppression from Palpatine. They supported her strongly, but had to do so at a distance, and it wasn't the same.

Now, she was apologizing for failing them, for letting them down. To the Grans and Wookies and Twileks listening, none of it made any

20. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    a-p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was at once brilliant, heartwrenching, and shocking - for some reason, even after knowing what would happen, and how they all would react, I found myself indescribably affected. You integrated Amidala's speech with the various settings well - it was interesting to get everyone's individual perspectives, especially Piett's. It is like him that he'd relieve himself of command - I only hope *at this point, scrunches eyes shut* he doesn't get as drastic as I would expect him to...

Brilliance. :D

21. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    And that, folks, is why I leave the speeches to a-p. :)

So excellent.

22. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Ditto what D-S said.

Wow.

<tears up> I still can't get over how shockingly real, and heartfelt you all continue to make this. The writing and characterizations are so very, very true.....The haunting sense of loss is hanging over me, and the shiver I feel over what has happened....well, words fail to express my feelings.

Wonderful!

23. Kidd

Jul 12, 2002
    A-P!! This is wonderful

The three of you make a good team ^_^!!

24. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    very beautiful! :_| :_|

so sad and sweet and fitting :_| :_|

25. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    AIEEEEEEEEE! The speech!

*bashfully tiptoes away from desk to close her dorm room door, which she should have done before she squealed with glee*

That was stunning, a-p. The galaxy-wide reactions were appropriate and dead-on, as was Amidala's farewell. Beautiful. :)

Vader's going to start up the Jedi order again? Hadn't even thought of that, but of course it's inevitable.

Poor, poor Piett. :_| Don't let it weigh down on you! No flinging yourself bodily against pointy objects, you hear?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.