main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Ascension of the Queen (sequel to By the Grace of Lady Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    It was a true joy to read this story. Something I looked deeply forward to every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. Thank you so much for writing this sequel a_p and J_G.

I loved the ending Btw. It was perfect. It somehow tied up everything in just afew words. :)

2. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *bursts into tears* Oh my goodness! *sobs* That was absolutely beautiful, JG! *wails*

A few minutes later...

*sniff*

Like I said, that was beautiful, JG! Absolutely gorgeous! The symbolism was perfect! Obi-Wan's clothes, the japor snippit, leaving Ani's scars... all of it! It was great!

Both of you have done a remarkable job with this series! You gave us a glimpse of what might have happened had just a few events been altered. The chain reaction that started was chilling at times, but you still managed to keep up the hope that things would eventually turn out alright.

I have totally enjoyed reading this series. Odds are, sooner or later, I'll go back and re-read BTGOLV. :D

Again, wonderful job! Can't wait to see what comes next for both of you! :)

AQ

3. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    I?ve lurked through the story, and I decided to leave my comments until the very end.

I must say that this story exceeded my expectations by leaps & bounds.

I whole heartedly agree with everyone?s sentiments and I?ll add mine to them.

Very emotional, and it was moving as well. You could easily feel for the characters, and their trials & tribulations.

I think one word describes this, beautiful.

It was an absolutely wonderful story, both of you. I think it the best one yet, of your many stories that I have read.

Great job, both of you.

4. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks, everyone. :)

I really will miss this!

(I don't like to do self-promos--except in my .sig--but the organizer of an awards thread for A/A stories has asked nominated authors to post for their readers. AotQ has been nommed for best A/A story at The Crown of Naboo.)

5. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Nooo! I can't believe this story is over, now what am I gonna read to get through the boredom of Wednesday morning programming practicals?

Dammit! Because of you finishing this I'm gonna have to do work or something!

Seriously, this was a damn good story.

6. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Coming out of lurk mode to say BRAVO!! As usual, you knocked our socks off. Thanks so much for sharing your gifts with us. :)

7. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Now that the story is over, I want to thank JediGaladriel for being such a great co-author to work with, both on "Grace" and on this story. :) It's been a wonderful experience all the way through -- and I almost can't believe it's actually over!

I also want to thank all of you readers who have been faithfully reading and commenting. Your feedback has been incredible, and I have greatly appreciated all of it. I hope you all will continue to follow my future stories. :)

This has been one hell of a story, and quite a ride from beginning to end...Again, thanks everyone! :D

8. darkanidanami124

darkanidanami124 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    It's over. :_| I Loved this story.

9. Obis-Grl

Obis-Grl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Bravo Ladies! Bravo!

No words can truly explain how utterly brilliant...gorgeous...magnificent this story is. I will miss this, but both By The Grace Of Lady Vader and The Ascension of the Queen will always have tender spots in my heart.

Thank you both.

OG

10. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Guys, only one day is left for the conclusion of Crown of Naboo Award So if you haven't voted yet, vote now.

The vote is fairly simple just choose one author and one fanfic from the list of nominated authors and fanfics.

11. Kidd

Kidd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    Words cannot express the beauty of this story! I hope this thread even if it's story is over never closes...

The simple ending. and the words

"Don't look back"

Made this story even better!

The choices we make:

To decide if we should walk back to the past or march straight to the future!

I'm glad Anakin and Leia, the two people who at the begining had the badest of relationship, are together supporting eachother and continued to move on.

12. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! THREE CHEERS FOR AMI-PADME & JEDI GALADRIEL!!!
    :D Once again, I must agree with Kidd- how come you take all the words out of my mouth? (or hands) lol-
    WOW! I thought the "Don't look back" part was amazing! It was extremely powerful!
    good work ladies! May your writing abilities prosper and never come to end! AMAZING writing! I still can't and won't believe the story is over, but...lol *reality hits Kris hard in the face with a echoing SLAP!* ugh..okay...so may-b it's over.. but anywayz, I love this story!
    Happy Halloween everyone! I wish you lotts of candy and junk food!
    Jedi Mastre Kris

13. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    excellent ending. it was perfect :-D

14. Darth_WXGirl

Darth_WXGirl Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I finally delurk to say how great this story is, but I find I'm almost speechless. The main word that comes to mind is... Wow!

A very beautiful story, with great detail and wonderful characterization. I liked how the conflict wasn't in black and white, but with each side doing some things right and some (very) wrong. Luke's death scene was one of the best I've read, fanfic or pro, and then you had to add another that was just as powerful. The ending had just the right touch of bittersweetness. I have to agree with those who thought the "Don't look back" was great.

I'm looking foreward to reading any future stories either of you write.

15. Darth_WXGirl

Darth_WXGirl Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    Double post, sorry about that.

16. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    I'm such a fan of this story that I'm going to do a bit of pro bono campaigning here:

Guys, go vote in the The Crown of Naboo awards! Go NOW! Yesterday!!!

17. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Just to ditto a-p's sentiments on writing this: it's been terrific. Writing with a-p has been great, and it's been an honor, and I hope to continue doing so. :)

I also want to say thank you to all of you who stuck with us from the start, and who have responded so generously as we've gone along. One of the great pleasures of the Lady Vader stories has been in the conversations they start in the thread, and many times those conversations led to thinking about the plot in new and different ways. It's an incredible way to write a story!

So, thanks to all of you.

18. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Oh, hooray! Padme chose the hero's path, and things are actually working out well!

I honestly couldn't have imagined such a closed ending for this. It truly rivals ROTJ in Vader's redemption, the triumph of the heroes, and the incredible losses sustained to achieve victory, in whatever form.

I love it.

Looking forward to the cleaned up archival version! ;)
    Sreya

19. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Up with you! :)

20. Kidd

Kidd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    Sooo ummmm....
    What now?

Ugh! I don't want this threat to close >_< I like this story!! I like it some much that I made some fanarts :)

I'll try to post them later though.

21. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    It's hard to believe it's over. :_| I Loved this story. you two should get BTGOLV and TAOTQ made into books or something.

22. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    *peeks in and looks around* aww, they changed the Forums back... (it just fit in so well with TAOTQ) Actually, yes! I think BTGOLV & TAOTQ should be made into books! (maybe into a triliogy, I daresay) *hint hint* ;) well, I guess I must say goodbye now, :_| . AP & JG- it's been really great reading TAOTQ, and I wanna thank you guys for writing such a masterpiece of writing! :)
    For everyone else out there who were loyal readers, happy postings!!! :D

23. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Sep 21, 2002
    *peeks in and looks around* aww, they changed the Forums back... (it just fit in so well with TAOTQ) Actually, yes! I think BTGOLV & TAOTQ should be made into books! (maybe into a triliogy, I daresay) *hint hint* ;) well, I guess I must say goodbye now, :_| . AP & JG- it's been really great reading TAOTQ, and I wanna thank you guys for writing such a masterpiece of writing! :)
    For everyone else out there who were loyal readers, happy postings!!! :D
    C U in the boards!
    Jedi Mastre Kris

24. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Wouldn't you know it - I finally come back on-line, and the story's over...

JG and a-p, it was quite a ride. Some was foreseeable (such as Ami's noble end), other things less so (Vader's new redemption, and Luke's slightly less noble, though brilliantly written, end), but everything was breathtakingly real and alive. It's a true gift of talent that you have, and I am grateful to you for gracing us with a small part.
    Of course, if you want to grace us with more, who am I to argue? ;)
    What more is left to say? Well spun plot, brilliant dialogue and prose, living characters (and in-character), and a true Lucas redemption and resolution, through pain and love and sacrifice. I daresay, even better than Lucas'.
    Probably the only thing I could possibly put forward in the way of constructuve criticism would be that R2 and 3PO sort of disappeared early on and were practically unmentioned. On the one hand they have very little to develop in the way of character, but I believe that part of Lucas' original SW style was to allow all the character development to be facilitated through and around them. They were meant to be the original narrators of the entire saga, which is why they are the only characters to remain through all the films, virtually unchanged (we can count Anakin and Vader as separate characters for this discussion, as he somewhat is).
    Anyhow, loved it from start to finish; just spent the entire morning finishing it all at one gulp! I will humbly remain a devoted fan of both of your writing, all the more for collaborations.
    Keep utilising your wonderful talent, never let it die. It is your destiny.

25. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks. ;)

Oh, shoot, now I remember what I forgot to do. I was going to put Threepio out in the garden. (I agree; the droids flummox me sometimes.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.