The Ascension of the Queen (sequel to By the Grace of Lady Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turkey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do you wanna send me a copy of this whole story!!!!! just so i can read it later on! PLEAAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!
  2. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    The winners for the 'Crown of Naboo Awards' Have been announced. (At last)
    Winners
  3. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    This classic deserves to be brought back to the top! :D
  4. Helen_Vader Jedi Padawan

I wanted so much to catch up while this story was still in progress, but since I started reading too late and I'm a slooow reader when it comes to reading from the screen, I only finished today.

I wonder if I can say something that hasn't already been said. This is such an amazing story... At first I was sceptical, thinking that no sequel could match By the Grace of Lady Vader, but you've both proved me wrong and I'm quite happy about it.

I'm not sure what I should praise most... the beautiful writing, the awesome character insight (I loved especially Vader and Leia, but the others were superbly done as well) or the emotional impact of the story (I admit to have been crying since Amidala's decision to save the base... and I rarely cry when reading fanfiction).

I also appreciated all the allusions to the OT and your other fics (like the mention of the Imperial boarding school at Indala)...

I'm so impressed.
  5. Kidd Jedi Knight

star 1
    Um I know I've been babbling about art and stuff, but I manage to semi-finish one of my drawings and here it is.

Empress Amidala

This is somewhat what I think she looks like (But somewhere it was mentioned she had a lot of dresses all of the same color). What's falling on her hands? rose petals, I was at a garden at the time I drew this.

I'm afraid to paint it because I know I will screw up the colorings (also my PhotoShop is being a biyatch).

If someone would like to color the art, or give it a background, edit it and stuff (I don't know why someone would because it's kind of crappy :p ) this is fine by me, but just let me know though ^_^.

I had always been crappy at coloring ^_^;;
  6. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kidd, it is beautiful. Only, she's so young there, a teenager almost. I think in her Empress years she must have been about 50. This is rather the Amidala from between TPM and AOTC. Very nice, I liked it a lot.
  7. Obis-Grl Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's give this beauty an up shall we?
  8. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thank you so much for the up, because I missed Kidd's picture!

Thank you, Kidd! Can I have it for the Vader's Mask Illustrators' Gallery?
  9. ami-padme Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool...I had missed that drawing too, glad I caught it now. :D Great stuff, Kidd, thanks!
  10. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    I miss this story. :( It was so good.
  11. Obis-Grl Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Kidd Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Thank you, Kidd! Can I have it for the Vader's Mask Illustrators' Gallery?"

Yes of course you can! as a matter in fact I had send a PM to your Galadriel-Sama!

*BUMP!!!!*

I miss this story too also :(
  13. Obis-Grl Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Tych_sel Force Ghost

star 4
    Got started reading this over in the Archive, but then realized that it might be easier to read here, if I could find it. Great start. Following the first story, I can't wait to see where this one goes.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel
  15. jedishellyskywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I recently found this story and its prequel in the archive, and I have to say how much I enjoyed them both! Thank you for a great read! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.