The AT-ST

Discussion in 'London, ON' started by Fantyx, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Looks like more of the empire's equipment has been foiled by stairs.

For those not up to date in the news, we set up the walker today for the clone wars opening. About an hour after we left it fell over. I think the problem came from when we were dragging it around and it was wobbling. The base seemed to have cracked and weakened.

It eventually tore the mounts off the plywood and fell foward. The head came off, and went over the railing and down the stairs. No one was in the theater except the staff at the time.

Damage is suprisingly minimal. There were fractures all over the head. All have been repaired, and it looks good as new. The body and legs didn't take damage. The base has been replaced, and Rob is in the process of building a heavily reinforced one now. We'll be moving the damaged parts back to the theater at 3PM tommorow. Aside from the much improved baseplate, we'll be using tiedowns and possibly putting something in the back as a counterbalance. With the modifications and repairs lately, the head is about 70% heavier then it was when we bought it, and is leaning farther foward.
  2. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well, I have tomorrow off, so I can come and help out again... and bring a camera this time!
  3. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    We should be there around 3:30 and any help is great.

Also there are pictures of it on facebook.
  4. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    everything is all fixed and ready to go.
  5. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Everything is still standing?
  6. darthsolvo Jedi Master

star 1
    holly crap im glad no one got hurt
  7. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry I didn't get online sooner, but I'm currently working 6:30 am to 4:30 pm, and exhausted...

anyway, we went to Rainbow Wednesday night, and it was still standing, and people were looking at it. The manager said hi to me.
  8. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Checked out the walker last night. Everything is standing, and it doesn't seem to be sagging any.
  9. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone is interested in joining the 501st. An AT-ST driver is very affordable to make, not to mention we allready have the AT-ST.
  10. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll suggest it for anyone who wants to join us.
  11. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    The AT-ST is once again getting repairs and up grades. Maybe in a week or 2 we can have a painting BBQ at my place.
  12. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
  13. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Taking advantage of the warm sunny weather I'm doing some upgrading & refits on the AT-ST on Friday Mar.27th. If anyone is interested in coming out and giving a hand let me know and I'll MP you my address.
  14. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
  15. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    The AT-ST is looking really good. It's getting everything heat exchangers, exaust port the works. I'm going full detail on it.
  16. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
    When you get some progress photos taken, post them on here.
  17. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    what a great day for working on the AT-ST.
  18. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
    I wish I could help you, but I've got a lot to do to get ready for the trek to Montreal tomorrow. How is the AT-ST coming along?
  19. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Just about all of the main body & legs are done. Like I said I'm putting as much detail in as posible, so there has been a lot of changes. Tomorrow I'll be starting on the head, I'm basicly going to redo 90% of that too. This thing is going to look absolutely fantastic! And it should, it's costing around $300.
  20. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
    Holy crap. Time to start arranging bookings to rent it out to other groups!
  21. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I want it to go anywhere. Every time it's out it cost me $50-$100 to repair it. Although it's been a lot of up grades at the same time. Like the base first cost $20 when it broke it cost over $80 to replace it with something that would stand up better.
  22. TK42Tom Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rent out the Ewoks instead, to cover costs of things like AT-ST repairs. :)
  23. jedidougcdn Jedi Master

star 2
    We are planning to build some more Ewoks in the near future to sell and raise funds for the group.
  24. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm hoping that for the next couple of years the only repairs will be to glue something back on.
  25. DarthPapa Jedi Master

star 1
    Good Idea but shipping would be big $$$$$
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.