main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The Aunt Beru Cultural Society is sponsoring a viewing of La Traviata

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Naboo Queen, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Beru the Great has informed me that she would like people to see this classic opera, which loosely inspired Moulin Rouge.
    The showing is October 6th in the afternoon and the cost is $18. These seats are third balcony in the back. While this may appear to be a disadvantage, these seats are closer to the subtitles, and the music (which operas are more about than drama--imho) will not be diminished. For those who want to see, the prices are $64, and $40. Or, if you sit with Beru's humble emissary, you can sample the mini-binoculars that she will raid from her sight-imparied mother's stash.

(a quick aside--the cultural society will also be visiting a speech tonight, 7pm, by Tolkien Biographer Joseph Pearce discussing Lord of the Rings.

Beruvian Advisory:

Uh, it's at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, and, considering the location of the speech, he will probably bring up, among other things, the Catholicism in LOTR, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea.)

2. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    OH MAN!! LaTiaviata is one of the operas that I have been wanting to see.

I am in a pickle for that day. I would really like to attend the opera (depending on location and time) but also that same day I am going to the Alice Cooper concert that is at (DeerCreek) Verizon Wireless Center which starts at 7:30pm.

So the question is do I go to both shows?

If I can do both I would love to attend the opera with you then head over to the Alice Cooper concert. Let me see what developes and I will get back to you.

Binks

3. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    This sounds interesting! I think I could be in for this, assuming the cheaper price, of course. I'm so very, very cheap, and I've spent way too much money lately anyway. Anyway, keep me informed.

4. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Beru's Emissary is still jumping up and down, excited by a night of LOTR geekness . . . (Beru allows, nay, encourages, LOTR geekness) We stayed out drinking and picking the brains of the LOTR scholar (who was also British, there's something about British scholars)

Ok. Back to opera . . .

Binks, it might be a little tight for you and your show. I'm not certain how long the opera will be--it depends on how they choose to present it.

So what do you say, Gail? Binks? Others?
    Do you want me to pick up tickets for yourselves?
    I'll be going tomorrow.

5. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    If the show is in the afternoon, say no earlier than 1 p.m., and you're still going with the cheap tickets, then, yes, I'm still in. I may be staying overnight in Evansville on Saturday, so I need to time to get back to Indy...and sleep. I'll definitely need sleep. I'm getting too old to try doing without it. ;)

6. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    If I end up going I will get my ticket.
    Thank you for the offer though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.