main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The Aunt Beru Cultural Society is sponsoring an outing to Les Miserables!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Naboo Queen, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    As the Great One's Emissary, I'd like to inform you that the Aunt Beru Cultural Society is sponsoring an outing to the Tony Award winning musical,"Les Miserables." The event will occur at the Murat during the Saturday matinee, October 19th.
    The time has come for the Indy Knights to crash the 'wine and cheese' crowd!
    Before ordering tickets, I'd need a head count. If there's enough interest we could get a group rate.

Beruvian Advisory:

This musical is rated PG-13.

(for the Imperials I should add an incentive: there are hookers and strippers in this show)

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Did someone say strippers?

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Count me in your highness! :)

4. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Is this a costume event. Maybe we can get the Bloodfin to crash the seen. Maybe TK-616 can bring some of those young ladies from the Red Garter he is always talking about.

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Ooooo I've been dieing to see Les Mis for years! Count me in NQ!

*scuffles off singing "Stars"*

6. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, you know my ambivalent feelings on this production due to my intense love of the book...don't read anything into that...no pun intended with the "read" thing. I'm really digressing.
    Anyway, I'd still like to go, but I may be working that particular day. I think I work the third Saturday of most months. How early/late are the matinees?

7. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    I believe the matinee starts at 2pm. (matinees are cheaper)

While this certainly is not a 'pure' adaptation, it's the most faithful IMHO.

8. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Strippers...Hookers you say???
    Can't be all bad. :D

I'm game.

9. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    I'd love to go - Count Me In! :)

10. Beldar

Beldar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Dark Snack bought us the season package, and I think that Saturday afternoon show is the one we will be going to!

Saw it in a touring production several years ago. Whores, convicts, angry people with guns, ... but don't remember any strippers.

(Wendy and I want to get in it, cast as the Threnardiers. [sings "Master of the House"])

11. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    The Thenardiers! See, they're the true villains of the story. I can't vouch for the musical, but they're pretty evil in the book. Now Javert, that's a cool guy. Okay, sure Valjean is cool too, redeemed convict and all. Javert, though, is reliable though inflexible. He rules!

That, and he commits suicide on my birthday in the book. Freaky!

As for the show, I may be able to book it down there just in time to see the show...maybe. I'd like a ticket in any case. These things never start right on time anyway, right?

12. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I would like to go also.

I get out of work at 1pm down in greenwood so I will most likely have to meet you all there.

:D

13. Jedi_Gepper

Jul 23, 2001
    Curses! I have to back out of the 19th. That's the day my family is going to an IU football game. (I know: You're all thinking, "You're backing out for that?") Well, it's a family tradition, and my grandparents are very keen on my going. Plus, I like the family bonding thing. It's less about the football than it is the family togetherness. Anyway, sorry! :(

14. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm going to have to bakc out as well. We're going to Atlanta that weekend for the Stone Mountain Highland Games. Sorry, I really really wanted to go. *pouts*

15. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I could possibly be on board for this... depends on ticket prices and what my schedule looks like that weekend, let me do some snooping...

16. Beldar

Beldar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey NQ, the Dark Snack has received her tickets and we have two seats for the afternoon of Oct. 19. We'll see you there!

...and you better
    run for cover
    when the
    pup
    grows
    up!
    (Gavroche)

17. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    OK, friends and neighbors! I need a definite here. Combining with some other Les Miz frekas we can qualify for the discount!

So far, for definite I have
    Binsky
    Karen
    MundiJade
    Noval
    Maybe Yodafett

If I am wrong, please clarrify ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

And, by golly if you order a ticket, you pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A teacher's lot is not a happy one if she has too much on her credit card without money to pay it off!!!!!!

(Possible loophole--it is always VERY easy to get someone else to take and pay for your ticket with this show!)

If we get floor seats where you can see it's $54.25 (worth every penny!)
    Floor seats where you have limited visibility (really sucks) or balcony are $40.25 (not as goodas floor front, but tolerable)

Last three rows of balcony $20.25 (these suck)

Let me know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    The $54.25 sounds good to me...let me know when you want the money Naboo Queen.

19. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    Same here! :)

20. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Actually when I have been to the Murat I have found the balcony middle area seems to be the best view. You can see the whole show! But whatever you decide to get will be fine with me.

So can I wear a Death Metal T-Shirt with ragged pants to the show? ;)

21. yodafett_77

Oct 25, 2001
    When are the tickets being ordered/ when do we need the cash?

22. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    The tickets are being ordered ASAP. To get the discount, my buds and I are adding up the numbers. For y'all, the cash will be due at the Sept Indy Knights meeting.

23. yodafett_77

Oct 25, 2001
    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to change from a Maybe to a No... too many things going on and I doubt if I'll be able to go, and I know that I won't be over to the Sept. meeting... Maybe I'll make it to the next A.B.C.S. outing

24. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I can still go, and whatever seats we get is peachy with me.

Are we all going to get dressed up nicey-nicey? I guess since its a matinee that it's not as much of an issue. Just curious!

:)

25. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Since it's a matineee, probably not to the nines. However, I am always an advocate for dressing nicely at theatre events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.