main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN The Aunt Beru Cultural Society is sponsoring an outing to Les Miserables!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Naboo Queen, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord0770

SithLord0770 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2001
    Thanks for the info. I would love to see it again. It's been <<examines the ticket stub from the IMPERIAL THEATRE (go figure) :D, NYC>> nine years.

2. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    Um, we ordered the tickets today. (since we didn't get 20 Indy KNights, I went in with some friends to get the 20 for the discount)

THe only thing they had left was balcony, but it's in the middle and just a few rows back.
    I ordered four tickets (not including myself)
    for Karen, Binks, Amanda, Noval.
    Sorry Sith, but here's a plan. . .. one of the four doesn't want them, or you order tickets yourself. THey go on sale Sept 9th.

3. MundiJade

MundiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2000
    Cool - Thanks Ms.Queen! :)

4. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    OK folks, you need to fork out 40.25 to the Naboo Queen tomorrow night!

5. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
  6. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    I MIGHT have your payment tomorrow Naboo Queen. ;)

7. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Curses! It turns out my buddy got the 54.50 seats (just got an e-mail) so that is the amt. due. Sorry for the inconvenience

8. Noval

Jun 7, 2002
    OMG :eek:

That's cool! :D

Noval

9. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I gave you $45.00. So I will give you the rest the next time I see you.

10. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Because, like Han, I'm in it for the money, it turns out I will not be able to attend Les Miz with y'all. Folks at Church booked a wedding at 2:30, and it's an offer I can't refuse. However, I'm sure you'll have a good time without me mouthing all the words and being a little hyper.

11. MundiJade

Dec 5, 2000
    Hey - Did you already sell your ticket? If not, I have a friend who'd like to go. ;)

Just let me know - Have a good weekend :)

12. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    :( Sorry to hear that you will not me with us. :(

13. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Howdy friends and neighbors!
    I will bring the tickets to the meeting this Wed!

14. The_Dark_Snack

The_Dark_Snack Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    As has been stated, Beldar and I have season passes. Are we going to go out together afterwards? I think it would be a blast.

BTW, I can get tickets before they go on sale to the public for other events. Just let us know....

Also, John is going to see Stomp and I'm not. Is anyone interested in going with him?

15. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Beru's Emissary has scoped out the show and pronounces it a quality touring cast! The Javert was to die for!!!!!!!!!!!! Great baritone!!!!!! And Marius was good! He played him like he wasn't a dork, and it worked!
    Ok, I am going back to the homestead now.

16. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    How was it, friends and neighbors?

17. Noval

Jun 7, 2002
    I thought the show was excellent. I had a blast. Thanks again for getting us the tickets Naboo Queen. And thanks to Queen Karendala and MundiJade for putting up with me. :D

18. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    Glad you had fun!

19. MundiJade

Dec 5, 2000
    Thank you very much for putting that together - It was AWESOME! :)

By the way how did you're IRON Chef thing turn out?

20. Beldar

Beldar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Where were you guys?

Snack and I looked for you, but didn't see y'all anywhere. We were in one of the "royal" sections to the right of the balcony. After a while of looking for you at the end of the show, we gave up and went to the Children's Museum ("Haunted Theater" was fun).

As for the show...
    I'd give it three out of four stars. The previous time I saw Les Mis was much better. Several times the enunciation of the lyrics was substandard (fortunately I have much of it nearly memorized so was able to fill in words unheard) giving the feel that this touring cast was jaded from so many days on the road and just "phoning it in."
    Fontine was so-so, and others near us noticed that her fading off in her death song was not as good as the traditional punching it out on that final "see her when I wake!"

Valjean was very good. Wendy noted he'd gained a bit of weight since the last time we "saw" him. I figured it made more sense for him to be so burly as to be a 50ish man who can single-handedly right the fallen cart. Plus the role calls for big strong lungs.

Javert was (by far) the best actor, Epinine (I thought) the best actress. Adult Cosette was too shrill. I liked Marius, Wendy didn't.

(And Wendy had to point out to me that Anjolras looked like Rimmer from "Red Dwarf." That was almost distracting.)

And of course, we loved the Threnadiers.

21. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I enjoyed the show very much, except for the part at the end when Bobby started weeping like a little girl (lol- just kiddin'!)

I thought Valjean (I can't spell in English. let alone French) had an excellent voice. Javert was cool too. Amanda and I agreed there was no continuity between the young Cosette and older one.

Eopinine was great too (*preach it sister!*)

Thanks, Laura, for organizing and getting us the tickets, I'm so glad I got to go!

:D

22. Naboo Queen

Aug 10, 1999
    I'm so happy you all enjoyed yourselves. I wish I could have been there with you!
    I actually like Fantine a lot, and Javert ruled humanity!
    Bobby crying like a girl . . . what would the Emperor say!

23. Noval

Jun 7, 2002
    :mad: I didn't cry... :mad:

24. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Did too, did too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.