1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Hi The authentic, pretty much official "Hello!" post that I made

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Instant Force Talk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    Hi guys and gals... And droids... And select non-gendered alien species!

I was planning to do this since the day I joined, but the film arrived. Which made me anticipate that. Then I started to settle into numerous theories, which always change when new observations and facts arrive. And there is the collecting end, which I am still working on. This is pretty complicated since I want it to both be based on who I am as a fan and does not prevent me from expanding to other series. I have done it before with another franchise. Twice. Both were a long story, and expensive mistakes in the end.

Anywho... I have my "temporary" items, which will be the stuff I keep but do not send to AFA or VGA. And I have stuff that I hope to have some type of family member to inherit. One is not Star Wars. And what I do have, and plan to get, might take half a year to submit for grading purposes. None of it will be actual vintage items, with reasons tied to prices and other factors. The current rules have me limit my focus for the time being. And maybe in March or May, have me look for more of what my rules allow.

The only exception to that rule is something I am working on. If anybody is interested, please let me know. Just remember that I do not plan to go overboard with a single character. For example, I do not want to have every version of Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, and so on. That is very much like me having every version of a single video game. The one I do have, which was submitted to VGA, is one reason behind this. But again, it is not a Star Wars related item. So I will not talk about it unless I am asked.

As for my fandom... There is no way I can remember that. 1981? 1982? I have a large lot of vague memories on this topic, with one even being a time I was anticipating my chance to see Return of the Jedi. And how I literally put my "Bespin" Han Solo on ice just to mimic the carbonite freezing process. The times I had the AT-AT, B-Wing, and Ewok Village. And my final days when it came to earning non-duplicate Power of the Force figures. Beyond that... It is a long, not that interesting, story of me being a fanboy.

And atop of all that, if anybody reading this plays Fantasy Flight Games version of the Star Wars TRPG, please let me know if it is worth getting. Thanks in advance. And for all... May the Force be with you. :r2:
  2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 5

May 31, 2004
    Welcome to the forum!!!!
    KyloViral likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hello and welcome! :D
    Master_Rebado and KyloViral like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd The Man / Also Known as Bazinga'd star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the forums. Let us lknow if you have any questions about navigating around them.

We have a great forums on Collecting and Gaming forums you may want to check out.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost star 9

Feb 18, 2014
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. :)
  7. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there and welcome to the boards :)
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress. star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 3, 2003
  9. Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2017
  10. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    Belated hi and thanks, guys! Between a situation that has me make major changes to a 2-week stay overseas, and joining two groups (with me eventually quitting one) that do not give me the same feeling the founders wanted, I have been busy. So between now and February 6, I am going to make more time being here. And if any of you want to know more about me and my fandom, feel free to contact me. So again, thanks for making me feel welcome here. :)

And thanks, @Bazinga'd, I will do just that. Right now, I am debating if I have the money to expand on my collection since I had shrunk it down to the one figure I wanted from Hasbro's The Vintage Line. And with that being revived, I am between three ideas with the third having me wait until Doctor Aphra makes her figure debut. And with role-playing games, I have officially decided to go with Fantasy Flight Games' products. I just do not know if I should go "all-in" or just get what can be considered the essentials. :)
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer Force Ghost star 6

Mar 26, 2013