main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    HELL HAVE NO FURY IF THE TRAILER IS EXCLUSIVE TO DVD-ROM OWNERS........

In fact it would be crazy to do so...

just cause it said at the rom site to come back on Nov 9 doesn't mean it will be exclusive to the rom site

seriously they might as well use realplayer streaming....

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I wish. But everything will be quicktime of course.

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Ok, Jedinet has now reported that they have word that some theaters are claiming to have recieved Monsters Inc without any AOTC teaser attached.

Now I am really worried about this whole thing.

*Keeping fingers crossed*

4. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    What are you worried about? The 'breathing' teaser is going to be in theaters Nov. 2nd with Monsters Inc. but at this rate we should have it on our hard drives by Wednesday or Thursday. (I hope)

5. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    I'm so worried about the AOTC teaser that I can't sleep at night. [face_plain]

6. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Griffz, I am not that kind of worried.

I do have a life.

BUt I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

FYI, I do in fact keep things in life in proper perspective. Especially with what the world is going through right now.

7. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    This is a great time for us. TPM is out on DVD, the Ep2 trailer assault will begin next week, and LOTR is waiting in the wings.

The only thing to worry about is not being alive to experience it all.

Rejoice!

8. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    If the November 9th trailer is indeed strickly exclusive to DVD owners, then given that it will be avialble via Quicktime, will it be possible to download it to my harddrive????

Becuase the way they usually set up their downloadable "making of" Episode II documentaries, they appear in a pop-up window. So I am not sure if that is downloadble to a hard drive.

What is the deal with those???

9. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    If you have Download Accelorator it will let you download it to a folder of your choice instead of it showing up in a pop up window with no Save Movie option.

10. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    My private messaging is also open to anyone who knows the whereabouts of the teaser for download. Some of us don't live in the USA, so the internet is "our only hope".

11. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Well, since more trailer threads seem to be popping up, I figure I'll give this a bump ;)

12. shds

shds Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2000
    From Coming Attractions:

October 27, 2001... We have heard from one of our top sleuths in Hollywood, and so what we're about to report to you is the closest thing to finding out direct from Lucasfilm what's going on with the Episode II trailer. Ready?

The first trailer, dubbed the "Breathing" teaser, will definitely run attached to all prints of Monsters, Inc. on November 2nd.

The second trailer, slated to appear online at the official Star Wars website, will debut November 9th.

The third trailer, longer and containing more adult-oriented material than the first teaser trailer, will be attached to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on November 16th.
    What is not happening:

Fox is not attaching the SW2 trailer to Shallow Hal. Instead, trailers for the Fox films Black Knight and Behind Enemy Lines are being attached to Shallow Hal, not SW2.

Theaters detaching the SW2 trailer and attaching it to other films, such as our earlier report that a theater showing The One might do this, would be committing a violation of their booking agreement with the studio. This would put their theatre at risk for having future films released by the studio made unavailable to them. It's almost a given that Buena Vista (Monsters, Inc.'s studio) and Fox (Star Wars' studio) will have checkers attending showings to verify correct placement of the trailers.

Lucasfilm has gone to such lengths as post their own security guards at the facility which is producing the Episode II trailer materials.
    We take everything this source has to say as 100% legitimate.

[Sorry, our Hollywood Jedi's name is withheld.]

Other theater employees have been writing into Coming Attractions and telling us that the SW2 trailer is attached to Monsters, Inc.. One individual even has a theory as to why such cloak and dagger tactics were used by the studio and Lucasfilm this time. Remember what happened when the Episode I trailer began to be shipped around the country, and cans containing the film of the trailer started appearing for sale on eBay? "They [Lucasfilm] have gotten smarter since the last time," writes another of our theater insiders. "They attached the teaser to the print of Monsters, Inc., but instead of it being the only one, they got creative and put the Peter Pan 2 trailer first, then the Star Wars Ep II teaser, and then the Pixar short." [Name withheld.]

So the earlier reports have turned out to be completely true: expect three different Star Wars 2 trailers to be released in the next three weeks.

13. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Up! As long as trailer threads keep popping up, this thread shall remain up!

:cool:

14. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    "There can be only one..." [face_devil]

15. Stonyatti

Stonyatti Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2001

I've heard that this would be the thread to have my questions answered.

So can somebody finally confirm what the hell the clonetrooper armor looks like?

PS - GriffZ, you're my hero!

16. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Here's a pic... [face_plain]

"PS - GriffZ, you're my hero!"

:D :cool:

17. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    All trailer questions should be posted here...

That's what all the other posts about trailers say so this should be the place for answers, right?

To those who know, why hasn't the Official site or Disney or Pixar confirmed the breathing trailer? Several people who have seen it have confirmed it, so why all the secrecy. As soon as it got out there would be these trailers, the people in charge of making this stuff should have stepped up to the plate and said "Okay, you all know whats going on now, so this is how it is--"

Unless we don't know what's going on...maybe Lucas has a special surprise for us all...hmmmmmm.

18. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Is Plo Koon in the trailer ?????? I havent heard anything but there is still hope right.

19. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm very disappointed. I downloaded QuickTime, but none of the videos on the web site EVER work for me. Why don't they just put it on a realplayer or something as well?

20. GriffZ

May 27, 2001
    Try downloading the movies to your hardrive using a download accelerator, and then view them.

That's what I have to do ;)

21. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Uh,your not griffz.Wald Ahhhhhhhhh.Where is TC-14 AHHHHHHHHHH is this some hallowen prank.AHHHHHHHHHHH

22. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    How do u get "download accelorater"?

23. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Just go to CNET.com and do a search on it. It is well worth both the download for the beta version and also paying for the Plus version (even faster).

Besides, UP.

This thread is very important - especially during the next four weeks as we get our three trailers.

These are good times, my friends.

24. hrishjedi

hrishjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    So.... the trailers gonna be out! Cool!
    One Question though..

All the people in the US can watch it attached to Monsters Inc, maybe even the European fans....

What about people like me who live in Asia?

I depend on the web for most of my SW news and trailers et all, so my question is, will ALL the trailers be available at apple.com or SW.com?

25. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    The 1st and 3rd trailers will almost definately be available to download, but the 2nd one may only be available on the DVD weblink for some period of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.