The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Arsenal1234, you ONE crooked-butt mofo"

You kids and your crazy lingo. 8-}
  2. Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Actually, it's my spine. *plays the world's smallest violin*

Ok, Bob, should I rephrase that post in fast-food analogies. ;) ;) ;)
  3. Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Up, for the sake of file-sharing!

edit: Yeesh, that sounded too Care Bears.
  4. Import_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, then. Your mastery of the english language astounds me! 8-}
  6. PLO--KOON Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey there will be no bashing of the english lauange without my name envolved I cant speel no punctuation skills what so ever and look at my run on sentance HAHAHAH.....Uh.
  7. ElMonstruo Jedi Padawan

Don't you think is kind of strange that we don't have yet the poster?

Perhaps Lucas as a favor to his friends at Pixar crafted a mini teaser for nov 2, then the poster will debut online on nov 9 and finally the "romantic" trailer on the 18.

That would be on the same timing as TPM and would explain why we don't have any reports of the second trailer...
  8. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    but we do have reports of the second trailer

its the "action" trailer, features the jedi battling on Genonosis, and is the favorite of those at ILM and LFL.
  9. dudewalker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Can the Choices or Connections movies be found anywhere on the net?
  10. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Choices: If you look hard enough
    Connections: Not on your life
  11. herder-of-nerfs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Potential bootleggers, here's a suggestion. Take your camera to the drive-in. You won't get busted that way.

Just kidding.... (I think).
  12. ChewiesMom Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank God, I can finally make my plans for Friday's viewing! Also -- don't you think it cool and mischievous of George to do a "breathing" trailer -- which means no dialogue which means nothing to audio tape. I'm remembering when we used to sneak in tape recorders to audio tape the movies years ago before we even dreamed there'd be video cameras! Wow!

Anyone know how long the teaser is supposed to be? I looked for the 100th time last night at the TPM teaser -- it was 2 minutes. The "full" theatrical trailer was almost 2:30 minutes. Not much difference in time, but a lot of difference in info. The teaser re-introduced SW to the regular moviegoer; the 2nd trailer built on that and told the story of TPM (but without much Jar Jar & Darth Sidious)

FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!!
  13. Saberus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well sounds like its less than a minute long, so very short and fast but good to know that a longer version will also be out soon.
  14. dudewalker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    By not posting the trailer on the net, the official site is being racist against non-Americans.
  15. Sith Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mysterious.
    Ghent at the official site forums posted an odd reply to someone's questions that possibly alludes that there is no 2nd trailer exclusive to the weblink.

Basically, someone posted this ranty question (and a good one) about how unfair it was that he lived in Australia and would not get to see the teaser in the foreseeable future, plus the rumoured trailer on Nov 9 at the DVD site would also be impossible for him to see because he had the DVD but no DVD Rom PC drive. He begged Ghent to explain when they would be available for download to the general public.

Ghent's reply was ambiguous, but kinda said, if I can paraphrase...
    - Sometimes you hear kernels of truth on the internet from other fans.
    - Sometimes you get all worked up and upset about something that was never to be.
    - In time, the official site will answer your questions.

Well, to me it sounds like he's saying the internet is all worked up over the 2nd trailer being exclusive to the weblink on Nov 9, when in fact there will be no trailer exclusive to the weblink.
    It could just be the official teaser poster and a new exclusive doco. It would spoil the 3 trailer rumour, but it really sounds as if Ghent was subtlely trying to hint to not get worked up over something that isn't even true...

What do you think???
  16. snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A leak... a leak.... still waiting for the trailer to leak!

!snap
  17. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    And if the tailer did leak, don't expect anything here. That is a major no-no in the game of legality.
  18. Lord_Talonius Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, not POSTED anyway. But there's always room for a sale of McDonald's Happy Meals. ;)
  19. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Give me new sets of Burger King glasses for the PT any day. I love those glasses.
  20. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6
  21. Sith Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's amazing how many people think that fan made trailer is real! Morpheus is over loaded with it. Also, that TV station airing it is just hilarious! :D

Anyway... are there not enough geeks with projectionist friends to ensure we get some happy meals before next week?
  22. AL Chosen One

star 5

I know at least one person on the boards who has already seen "Breathing". :D
  23. Saberus Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. sithlordbane Jedi Padawan

Is the trailer up at Morpheus yet? Or any other sites? I think that Lucasfilm knows about this whole trailer-internet-bootleg thing. If not, then they wouldn't keep releasing this. They know that eventually it'll be copied and distributed. And you know what, THEY DON'T LOSE A PENNY! In fact, that gets more people psyched out and adds to the whole fandom thing! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER!TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER!TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER!TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER!TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER! TRAILER!
  25. Well_Of_Souls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You just might want to edit that one, pal... [face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.