main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    This is an important thread to keep up, and it may keep redundant threads from popping up.

.....HA!

2. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

From what I hear, cg Yoda looks amazingly awesome!

3. dudewalker

dudewalker Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    I just hope an amazingly awesome Yoda also has something amazingly awesome to say this time round.

4. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    Heh, yeah agreed. Yoda had a sense of mischief in the OT, but was a little dull in TPM. All the Jedi were so damn serious to the point of stress-related illness! ;)
    I guess, when you're not allowed to have a hoocie-mama (or papa), you lose your ability to smile, laugh and have a good time.

5. DarkKnight88

DarkKnight88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    Well...checked up on Morpheus for the "Star Wars: Episode II" teaser...and they have one listed up thats about 8 MB and 1:51 minutes in length! Its probably FAKE...but...here's hoping for that 1% chance of it being real...

6. dylanm

dylanm Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    fake...

7. joyborch

joyborch Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    what about the one called star wars II attack of the clones (aussie trailer)?

8. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    I think it's this one.

9. Sith

Jul 8, 1998
    Can I bring people's attention back to something I posted earlier?

On the official SW forums, the starwars.com webmaster replied to a fan complaining that the Trailer on Nov 9 was exclusive to the limited few who had a DVD-Rom drive, and was told as a general response to his complaints:

"Sometimes you get all worked up and upset over something that was never to be."

To me, that says quite a bit... as in, no 2nd exclusive trailer only at the weblink.

10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I never believed that the 2nd trailer would only be available only by dvd rom access. The dvd access stuff is probably an exclusive documentary or new pictures.

11. dudewalker

Jul 2, 2000
    That was actually me (trinley) who posted the question on the starwars.com boards regarding the three trailers and if and when they will be available to the public on the net.

I don't know much about this Ghent character, but his reply certainly seemed to dispell the dvd-weblink trailer rumour. Or maybe he was just saying that to prevent a tirade of abuse from angry fans like me who don't have a dvdrom player on their computers.

12. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I for one hope that the teaser will be available for download this friday.

I intend on going to the theater to see it on Friday, but it is just going to be too short to only see that one time.

When I get home from the theater I want be able to watch it a million times over and over again.

And regarding November 9, maybe they will just have the romantic trailer available for download on the weblink a week early for DVD owners. Kind of like a special preview like they did in November 1998 for the TPM trailer. Only this time the special preview is a week early and on the weblink, instead of in theaters in select cities.

13. Sith

Jul 8, 1998
    But then it would be too easily pirated to buggery before people saw it on the big screen. They wouldn't want that.
    In the past, LFL make it available at cinemas first for the best impact.

14. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    No, the TPM trailers were both available either the day before or the day of the trailers being released in theaters.

15. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    ahhhh guys, the webmaster at the official site already said the trailer will NOT be on-line on friday....

16. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    it's only a trailer

17. Plo_By_PIo

Plo_By_PIo Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2001
    HookLineAndSinker, while your thoughts are good and I am recieving postive vibrations from your chakra, your posts are very off topic. stop making them, please. Thank you. It will be OK, just relax.

18. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Indy2, where did you read that???

I don't see it.

Just an update about getting Quicktime and some ruotine site maintainence.

19. dudewalker

Jul 2, 2000
    I just hope our probe droids have their camcorders ready.

20. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    From Paul Ens (Webmaster at SW.Com)

The teaser will be downloadable at starwars.com, though not on Friday. The best way to see this thing is in the theaters. From what I hear, Monsters Inc. rocks, so you'll want to catch it anyhow!

Once you've practiced just a little bit of patience (which I know you will all consider cruel and unusual torture), the download will require QuickTime 5. If you're needing to do something in your anxious moments... be sure you have it downloaded from
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime

21. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    For the record, the TPM teaser was not available on the net till the day after it showed in theaters. The full trailer was available for download the day before it showed in theaters.

22. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Plo By Plo, while your comments are good, i'm sensing some negative vibrations coming from your chakra. Stop making them please.

P.S. Don't take anything I had to say about you serious. Okay.

Thanks dehrian, I will.

23. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Indy2, since the official site is going to make it available for download, although after Friday, will Lucasfilm give Access Hollywood and ET permission to air it on Friday then???

24. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't think access hollywood or entertainment tonight will get permission to run the teaser for another week or so.

If they said they would air it on friday then not too many star wars fans would go see Monsters Inc. Sure there'd be the diehards who would want to see it on the big screen but most would be getting their vcr's ready.

So it will be awhile before it probably hits the airways.

25. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    oh trust me, they aired the TPM trailer before they were released in theaters.

The first TPM trailer was released nationwide on a Friday (the Tuesday was the special preview) and ET and Access Hollywood aired it on wednesday. I taped it and refused to watch it until I could see it in theaters first.

So that is not an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.