main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Ok, fine, it may not be an issue. If you haven't heard anything from AH or ET by now then there's a pretty slim chance they'll air the teaser on friday.

2. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    This week, the starwars.com servers will be undergoing some routine maintenance during Pacific Coast business hours on Wednesday and Thursday.

They're preparing for the onslaught.

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yep, that and for whatever it is big they have coming on November 9th.

I can't wait!!!!

Two more days!!!!

4. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    BTW, Access Hollywood only needs to give a day advance notice for things anyways.

So if they are going to air it Friday, then they will advertise for it on Thursday.

But since it is only a breif teaser lasting not even a minute, they might just have it on Friday without warning.

Who knows.

Most things that they feature on thier show isn't even promo-ed by them in advance anyways. Most stuff idn't even mentioned until when that days' show comes on anyways.

I am confident it will be aired sometime this week.

5. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The fact that they are doing the maintenance (read:upgrade) on Wednesday and Thursday should tell us that something is coming up on Friday. Something big...

6. Sith

Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 1998
    No not friday... they said it wouldn't be up on friday. Please read earlier in the thread. :)

7. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    JUst wanted to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with the theater near my house just to make sure they would have the trailer with Monsters, Inc. And the guy went on to tell me that one of thier other theaters on the other side of the city had screened Monsters Inc last week and they had no idea that they were about to see the new Star Wars trailer. So went it came on, it really shocked everyone and the Disney called and told them to yank it for any further screenings before November 2.

Now here is the good news. I asked him if he knew what the audience reaction was to it. And he said that everytone thought it was AWESOME!!!

So, it looks like it is going to rock at least.

8. The Starkiller

The Starkiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 1999
    Okay, is there ANY chance that this teaser is longer than we all think? According to Variety, the EP II and the Lilo and Stitch trailers take up a combined 4 minutes, with each being two minutes long. But we're hearing the teaser is only 30 seconds.

Anyone know what's going on?

9. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    This first teaser (attached to Monsters Inc) is less than a minute long. More than thirty seconds, less than a minute.

Teaser Trailer A (attached to Harry Potter) is the more traditional 2 minutes or so.

10. The Starkiller

The Starkiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 1999
    Yea, I realize that. But does anyone know why Variety is reporting otherwise?

11. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    stop calling it a trailer....

guys relax its no longer than a tv spot that flashes by in seconds.....

i'm sorry to say this but i predict a lot of anti-climatic, pissed-off fan-boys in here this weekend....all saying 'it was too short'

12. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Very true indeed.

13. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Now should we tell them to come back in a week to get the online trailer or just.......

14. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    If anyone complains about it being too short, tell them, "That's why it's called a teaser!"

15. Luukeskywalker

Jun 23, 1999
    Hey guys, I just found these reactions from people who have actually seen the teaser already from usatoday.com in a a movie discussion session with USA TODAY movie critic Susan Wloszczyna. Three of the people actually commented on the teaser.

First of all here is the exact URL

http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20011101001/tscript.htm

Sappington Mo. : Hey Susan, Love your column, I recently had the unique pleasure of seeing Monsters Inc. Screening and thought it was really good, Kids will love it. But the thing I couldn't keep my mind off was the "Attack of the Clones" teaser that followed! All I can say is without sounding like a total dork is "WOW" This Movie WILL rule next summer. There's one brief glimpse of what looks like Boba Fett Rocketing up in the air in the rain drawing his guns on Obi Wan. Then Anakin and Padme sharing a tender moment kissing one another, then a shot of Yoda who looks photo realistic just like the Old Trilogy. Then the one shot of clashing Lightsabers with Anakin and a shrouded figure, probably Christopher Lee. Oh well, just thought I share the excitement, and the audience loved it more positive than Episode 1, definitely a more Old Trilogy feel to it. Oh and no sign of Jar Jar, which I've heard is barely in the movie! Can't go wrong with that.I think this should silence alot of the cynics and whiners who ripped apart the first one. Have you seen this yet with Monsters Inc?? Sorry I ran on to long, just very excited about next May 2002. GO LUCAS! Have a good day!

Susan Wloszczyna: It's actually quite refreshing to have someone be this excited about an upcoming movie.

One bad part about my job, alas, is that sometimes we get screenings with no trailer attached and I saw Monsters before the deal was cut for the trailer. But I have been reading up about fan reactions and the consensus seems to be it looks better than Phantom.

Hate to disappoint you though but Jar Jar is indeed back. Interesting they kept the Gungan locked up for the preview.

-----------------------------------------

Fenton Mo. : I just read that some studio executives are getting there shorts in a wad over Disney and Pixar allowing Lucasfilm to show the Next Star Wars teaser at Monsters Inc. Is there any truth to this? I mean what's the big deal, where is Lucasfilm supposed to show it and what difference does it make where George Lucas shows his movie?? Sounds like maybe there worried people will buy a ticket to Monsters Inc just to see the trailer. I know I will! and I've already seen it: EXCELLENT! Lucas will be the one to beat next summer, let the hype roll in. Your thoughts??

Susan Wloszczyna: Lucas and Pixar go way back because Lucas once owned the company that became Pixar. From what I read, the brouhaha is over actually attaching the trailer to the print and theaters losing control over what they show. In any case, this is a much better situation than the one with Phantom where they put the first teaser in front of Meet Joe Black. Believe me the Monsters in Monsters Inc. could power their city with the wind created by the people walking out of the stink wad after the Star Wars trailer was done.

----------------------------------------

Alton Illinois : Just thought I let you know that Disney and Pixar graciously let Lucasfilm show the next Star Wars teaser at Monsters Inc. and had a chance to see it at a screener a couple a days ago. Everything was pretty quick in the images they showed but nonetheless, VERY COOL! I think this Hayden Christensen was a great choice to play Anakin Skywalker and I can see why George Lucas chose him, despite being virtually unknown-he just has the look. Looks like great chemistry between him and Natalie Portmans Character too. It definitely looks like ILM has come along way since 1999 especially in shots of Yoda, who looks pretty identical texture wise to the Old Trilogy. All in all go see this. The scene with Boba Fett shooting up in the air in the rain looks dark and ominous. AWESOME!! Did you see any of this? Have a great day Susan!!

Susan Wloszczyna: No,

16. dudewalker

dudewalker Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    It actually sounds promising.

17. Sith

Jul 8, 1998
    Dudewalker, you actually made an interesting observation earlier that the trailers may not even reflect the final aim of the film. Kind of like the TPM teaser was quite dark and cool, but the film turned out to be very lighthearted and not dark at all.
    We should keep in mind that whilst these trailers are coming to us now, Lucas is only 2/3 way through making the film, and we know how much he likes to change things at the last minute. The trailers could reflect a whole mood not captured in the film. ;)

18. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    //hopes beyond hope that student loan will be in by the 9th so he can buy dvd-rom and TPM dvd

no likely tho.

thank God for Morpheus :D

wk

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm glad that positive reviews are rolling in. This is going to be an awesome movie. I just wish that the trailer had wide distribution with other films. If Jar-Jar, Ben Quadrinaros, and a trailer being attached to a G-rated movie isn't an indication that Lucas is shifting the focus to a much younger audience then I don't know what is.

20. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I actually think that if you look back at the Ep1 trailers you can see where TPM was going to go wrong. Jar Jar looked worrying in the energy binders shot, Yoda didn't look too hot either-not bad just not right. I see what everybody is saying but it seems that withTPM the writing was always on the wall and everybody chose to ignore it- bad feedback on Jar Jar,Mannequin Skywalker rumours,etc. AOTC doesn't seem to have this negative vibe and I think the trailers will reflect this. If the romance looks dodgy in the longer trailer it probably will be in the film.

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Mannequin Skywalker [face_laugh]

Anytime you stray too far away from what made you successful in the first place, you're taking an awful risk. Jar-Jar would have been better served as a major pod player like Sebulba. But toting Jar-Jar around every scene in the movie and destroying what would otherwise have been a great moment was a poor use of the technology.

22. Sith

Jul 8, 1998
    Let's try not to stray too off-topic with a big Ep 1 debate... I can sense one coming on. ;)
    This is the "authoritative TRAILER thread" after all!
    Definitely, the vibe on AOTC is better than TPM, and I bet you a dollar or two that after even just this short 30 second teaser this week, we will all have an opinion on whether there's something about it that doesn't feel right... like if CGI Yoda looks weird.
    But basically, I'm expecting it to rock.

23. Sith

Jul 8, 1998
    If I can just double post for a second... just taking a trawl of Morpheus and there's a file called "Star Wars Episode II Trailer.mpg" which is different to all the fan-made ones because it's only 41 SECONDS in length!
    I can't for the life of me connect to the user to download it though. :(

24. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I'm working on it, Sith ;)

25. Taun_We

Taun_We Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2001
    I can't find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.