Amph The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    I really don't like where this line of thought regarding the Avengers is going. I was already annoyed because a lot of Iron Man 2 was used as set up for the Avengers instead of focusing on it's own movie, and the movie suffered from it.

Then again I never was that excited for Avengers anyway.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Which line of thought? Recasting characters? I think they're trying to avoid it but sometiems they're lwft with no other choice.
  3. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    The director wants the actor, the actor wants the part, and the producers just say, "No". Then it isn't film makers making movies it is a committee.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    It's not like this is an author movie. The producers make movies too and well, it's Marvel Studios, after all.
  5. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    And Iron Man 2 was made worse by the fact that it had to set up the Avengers instead of letting it stand as it's own movie.
  6. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    I can't imagine that Bruce Banner will have a lot of talking parts in the film in the first place. I would rather see more Hulk than anything. So my point is anyone can pretty much play Bruce in the movie, just as long as we get more Hulk than Bruce.
  7. DarthNotsonice Force Ghost

star 5
    There were inklings of that from the Tim Roth Louis Leterrier commentary for the 2008 Hulk as well.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One

star 5
    Well, I'm happy to hear that it sounds like Hulk will be part of the Avengers movie. However, I am disappointed the Ed Norton won't be playing Bruce Banner. I hear that Joaquin Phoenix has been tapped by Marvel for the role.

9. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    This does seem like an ugly bit of news, almost as bad as Terrence Howard's dumping for Iron Man 2. And now we'll have a third guy play Bruce Banner in less than 10 years? Messy.
  10. SoloKnight Force Ghost

star 4
    Ed Norton's officially made his own comments on the mess now.

I'm disappointed in the way Marvel's been handling this and I hate that this project is getting such bad publicity before it's really even started. Talk about a bad way to go into ComiCon.

I liked Norton as Banner but not enough to never want to see anyone else in the part. However, as I like films in the same universe to have a tight continuity, I am rather upset with this development. From that perspective, my solution is to cast Eric Bana and have The Avengers set in the same universe as The Hulk, and make The Incredible Hulk be the AU movie.
  11. Aytee-Aytee Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't think Phoenix is going to be doing anything onscreen in the near future unless it involves him as a. a caveman or b. a homeless dude.
    [image=http://thesebootsaremadeforstalking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/crazy-joaquin-phoenix-beard.jpg]
  12. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    From Norton's facebook profile:

EDIT: Oops, too slow. I'll leave the transcript here anyway.
  13. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think they should try to get Eric Bana just mess with all of us.
  14. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Despite what people think of Ang Lee's Hulk I thought Bana did a terrific job.
  15. somethingfamiliar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    No but Lou Ferigno is.
  17. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    He had a cameo in the last 2 Hulk films. And he was the voice of the Hulk in The Incredible Hulk movie.
  18. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm still hoping they fix this somehow. The Incredible Hulk is my favorite Marvel-based movie; I'm still disappointed it didn't get a sequel of its own.
  19. soitscometothis Chosen One

star 5
    Marvel should cast Brandon Routh as Banner. Just for the confusion factor.
  20. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Well considering that Deadpool is also the Green Lantern, and the Human Torch is Captain America...8-}
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One

star 5
    For some reason, Clive Owen pop into my head for Bruce Banner.

22. Darth_Furio Force Ghost

star 7
    McGregor can be mild mannered, what him for banner? [face_thinking]
  23. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    RUMOR: The Avengers To Film In Manhattan In 2011 ? And On The Helicarrier Above

According to one of our very well placed sources (think: USA, west coast, sunny, lots of big buildings that look like warehouses, people zipping about in electric carts) Joss Whedon?s movie version of The Avengers will be shooting in Manhattan next year. What exactly will go before the cameras isn?t yet known ? or, if we?re being honest, hasn?t even been completely decided ? but the plan at the moment definitely involves the SHIELD Helicarrier.
  24. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Everybody knows that was an act for a mockumentary directed by Casey Afleck, right?
  25. Spider-Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://gilthorp.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gil-head-explode-again.gif]