main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    That's okay because the Human Torch is Captain America now... so it's all good! [face_flag]

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    SHIELD Helicarrier > SHIELD Triskelion

[face_talk_hand]

3. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
    Fixed. [face_mischief]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Helicarrier..........YYEESS!!!

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Latest rumor fresh from comicbookmovie.com
    David "Dr. Who" Tennant Rumored for Bruce Banner in The Avengers

Clicky Here

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    You know how it goes. Rumors don't need to be supported, so people could say anything and say "according to sources."

8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'd like to congratulate Marvel on creating and taking something wonderful and then start completely ******* it up.

9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Well, Quesada IS one of their main story consultants...

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Joe "Saved Marvel From Bankrupcy" Quesada? What a hack.

11. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    I was thinking more along the lines of Joe "One More Day" Quesada, given that the comment I was responding to spoke more to quality of story than success of sales.

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That's Joe "Marvel 1602" Quesada and Joe "The Ultimates" Quesada too, kid, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good fanboy rant.

13. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    At any rate, Mark Ruffalo is an excellent actor and is actually a good fit for Banner.

14. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    George "Attack of the Clones" Lucas is also George "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Lucas, but clearly the more recent efforts are a better indicator of what to expect from current projects...

15. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    While One More Day was regrettable, it was ultimately done for the right reasons and resulted in rejuvenating the series. So I am not keen to blame Quesada for all of Marvel's ills.

16. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    ALL? Nah, Millar gets a fair share of that, too.:p (yes, after doing some great stuff)

What I caught of JMS's run was great and didn't seem in need of rejuvenation. I only ever got turned off when things got bogged down in Civil War etc. nonsense.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    That's arguable. It did some good for supporting cast members. It also ruined quite a few and made what were once compelling characters into cardboard cutouts of their former selves. The biggest one to suffer would be the entire characterization of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I believe people were openly mocking that "I take responsibility for my actions" poster recently because ever since OMD, he's done exactly the opposite. Reckless would be the more apt word. And there's also the fact that Mr. Quesada and the supposed "Brain Trust" continue to beat this dead horse known as the marriage to a bloody smear as evidenced by the latest preview covers. So while there was some good, there's also been an alarming amount of bad decisions and bad story since OMD.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Whatever floats your boat, I didn't care about JMS' run and I believe Quesada was thinking on the long term. But anyway, the point is moot, as JMS was brought in by Quesada himself. He's been there for a decade and he's never stopped being controversial. What a guy.

Back to Avengers movie discussion, yes? [/Death's Head]

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    OMD is pretty much the sole blemish on Quesada's record at Marvel. He still gets two big thumbs up from me overall.

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Don't get me wrong. JMS's run was terrific, and I was incredibly disappointed to see it go, but from my understanding the series wasn't selling well and there were some particularly bad mis-steps, even without the intervention of Quesada (Sins Past for example).

Frankly, despite how great JMS's run was, he was trapped in the same thing that was killing the series previously...smaller self-contained arcs that rarely had any continuation. Outside of Ezekiel/Morlun there wasn't anything really continous about his run and by the end he had wrapped up everything great about it. He wouldn't have stuck around and IMO any author picking up there would have likely just been stuck in the same cycle and the series would have continued downhill.

By returning the series to a more classic format they've injected it with a new life, a new cast, and a far more interesting ongoing series of plots that seem to blend together and create a compelling reason to pick up next week's issue, rather than the old self-contained arcs.

At least that's how I see it. Regardless this is way off topic, I just wanted to make the point that I agree, blaming Quasada for all the mistakes Marvel has made unfairly characterizes all he's done for the company and not every bad choice is necessarily black and white.

yodaminch I disagree entirely, but that's moot since this isn't the topic of the thread. So lets just agree to disagree.

21. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Dec 17, 2000
    Which was never my point. I brought up Quesada in response to the following:

I'd like to congratulate Marvel on creating and taking something wonderful and then start completely ******* it up.

Note the part in front about "creating and taking something wonderful". I certainly acknowledge that Quesada was responsible for some wonderful things. I also acknowledge that he's let many of those things fall apart *cough*nonspideyultimateuniverse*cough*:p.

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Pretty much what I was going for as well. While he's done some good, he's also made a few large decisions that I do not agree with. I won't call them mistakes because that implies it was an accident when what he did was intentional. Besides OMD, there's the disaster known as Ultimatum.

Given that he has a direct hand in this stuff like Geoff Johns has a hand in DC's movies and television, I do have concerns over his involvement in the Avenger project much like I'm sure detractors of Johns have concerns over his involvement in DC projects.

But back to the movie itself, I'm curious to see how much of this will really involve Bruce Banner and how much will be the Hulk. It would make the most sense to have Banner in as little as possible. Just put a lot of focus on Cap, Tony and Thor anyway as they are probably the bigger draws at this point. Hulk fans have now been burned twice.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Finally! Confirmation! From Newsarama:
    At the Visionaries panel on Thursday afternoon at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Joss Whedon finally made it official. He is directing Marvel's big-screen team movie, Avengers.

Whedon, asked about his involvement with the film, said, "the Avengers directing job is not an official thing from Marvel but ...I'm making it official RIGHT NOW!"

He then went on to say that his script is still in early stages, he's "still writing an outline. I think it's completely counterintuitive to have all those people in the same room but that's the definition of family."

The Avengers will see Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and others from their respective movies coming together to form a super-powered team, and is due for a 2012 release.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I m pleased. "Others from ther repsective movies". ? Hulk obviously. Spider-Man? Punisher? X-Men? Cameos for all?

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Badly phrased, but I believe it refers to characters that appeared in those movies like Black Widow and Nick Fury who appeared in Iron Man.