main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The one in Odin's vault is right handed. The other is left handed.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Draft Town was so dull yesterday we cut short our visit and headed over to 600 n Michigan ave for Avengers2, which unfortunately was also pretty dull.

The best thing about the movie was the reclining powered La-Z-Boy style seating - first movie with one of those - and the boys had a blast with the buttons for adjusting the foot rest.

I got a couple of "how much longer is this movie?"s from the kids, which seemed like a fair question, since the general feeling from all of us was that it was never going to end. The whole thing was a blur, six or seven amusing quips spaced out between an encyclopedic rundown of every possible way to destroy a robot.

EHT and heels1785 like this.
  3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    False. They never destroyed one by stating a paradox to it and watch it's processor meltdown trying to answer it.

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Ultron wasn't some real villain. He felt like some impetuous child. If he had a british accent, then it would have been ok.

Darth Punk likes this.
  5. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    There must be 5,000 ways to kill a robot
    pull of its head, Jed
    impale its CPU, Lou
    toss if off a cliff, Biff
    Just get yourself free

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Of all the criticisms of this movie, the one I will least brook is the one where James Spader's voice isn't awesome enough.

7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Second viewing last night. And I must say I enjoyed it more this time then the first. It's definitly an exhausting experience though. Still, there's so much right with this movie. Don't let that be confused with the there's so much right about a movie that's bad. Which is a common for those trying there best to make a bad or decent movie better than it really is. No, I think this movie is really good. In my mind, just as good as the first. It's not an easy watch, which is where the exhaustion comes in. This movie has a lot going on and a lot of fighty fighty, but at the same time I don't think there's a scene I don't enjoy in the film. In fact I wanted more from a lot of the scenes, and that's why I'm thinking that this 3 hour plus version is what we all really need to see. I think that version will have more of Ultron's emotional connection to QS and SW, which is only sampled in the movie. Probably more Banner and Widow.

The Thor scene is definitly out of place, and seems so forced into the film. Atleast it's only 30 seconds long. Sad Thor got somewhat short changed in the film. Although not by much, he still gets a lot of fun scenes, however I'm disappointed Whedon didn't take the opportunity for the "Ultron, we have words with thee."

Interested that some don't like the portrayal of Hulk. I thought it was fine. Really loved the scene in the movie wher Banner just some of his darker Banner said,"I could choke the life out of you and not change a shade," and "Go ahead, piss me off." That what Awesome.

Vision was great, and this showing had be paying attention to how important he becomes in the story. Which the first time was kinda confusing.

In the end what more can you want from a movie like this? It's always gonna be the same concept. An ever growing cast of hero's vs a big villain, that's it. The Infinity movies are gonna be the same. If we're lucky they make something out of Thanos lusting after Death. AOU is a comic book movie in every sense of the word, so I think all goals were achieved in that regard.

Jedi Ben and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Is it me or haven't both Loki and Ultron try to cause the Avengers to fight among themselves in order to distract them? Hopefully, Thanos comes up with a better way: like trying to thrash them himself from the get-go. ;)

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I do hope there's a deleted scene or two with more Witch/Ultron- their relationship had some great moments (the "Please don't do this." line in particular)

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was the only person in the theater that laughed at the Ant Man trailer. Pure silence.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm really hoping Marvel/Disney release their first(?) "Extended/Director's cut" with AoU.

It got a lukewarm response from my audience, but I loved it, and I've seen it a dozen times. What irked me was, no The Force Awakens trailer. That I've watched, I dunno, 100 times, but I wanted to see it on the big screen with a packed house.

ukijedi, Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Was Vision make-up prosthetics or all CG? I'm guessing the former?

And can someone give me a run down on the gems, like there names and when last seen in the films?

13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The red one is called Barry

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No TFA trailer for me either.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I got the Star Wars VII trailer on my 3D showing, but not my 2D showing.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

To quote Dingo...

Diggy likes this.
  17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The prevailing theory:

The Tesseract (Thor stinger, Capt. America, Avengers) is likely the Space Gem.
    Loki's Scepter (Avengers, Winter Soldier stinger, Age of Ultron) confirmed to be the Mind Gem.
    The Aether (Dark World) is widely believed to be the Reality Gem, though an argument could be made that it's the Time Gem.
    The Orb (Guardians of the Galaxy) is likely the Power Gem.

Diggy likes this.
  18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    An extended version is actually already planned for BR.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

For those concerned about BW's love story.

20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Glad to hear it!

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    In mine, it was the only trailer people cheered on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Had an interesting mix of trailers between the 3D IMAX and 2D screenings I went to. The IMAX one had an above-average total of 6-7 trailers (still nowhere close to the record 9 that ran in front of Prometheus which broke even a trailer hound such as myself) including TFA in 3D, JW (but not the newer trailer), BVS, Tomorrowland, the new FF, new T5 & Spectre. No Ant-Man, which was surprising.

The 2D showing (different theater/state) had no TFA trailer but did have the new Ant-Man one, a different Tomorrowland one, the new JW trailer, new T5 & San Andreas (and maybe one other I'm forgetting- this theater rarely shows more than 4 trailers though, unfortunately).

23. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    The TFA 3D teaser trailer 2 looked great! Also saw the Ant Man trailer. Poor Paul Rudd.

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah my theater was full and the thomas the tank engine moment got the biggest laugh of the night. Leaving the theater was lots of 'can't wait for Ant-Man' comments.

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, that would have been a quite epic moment.