main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Saw it last weekend. The pacing was really off, more so than most Marvel movies.

2. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    JEDI-RISING likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I watched Age of Ultron again yesterday and I found a higher level of appreciation of the film as the degree of difficulty to pull off this movie was a 10.

Here's the bullet points the film has to cover:

• Create and develop Ultron
    • Introduce and develop Wanda and Pietro Maximoff and make the audience care about them
    • Give Hawkeye more depth and screen time
    • Give the rest of the Avengers equal weight and purpose in the film
    • Plant the seeds for Phase 3 (i.e. Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War)
    • Create and develop Vision in so that he can be trusted to fight along side with the Avengers
    • Mix in Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sam Wilson, James Rhodes to tie in previous films, in other words, continuity check
    • Develop a plausible "Beauty and the Beast" relationship between Black Widow and Hulk
    • Develop plot/Ultron's End Game
    • Do all that and maintain the high level of expectation from Marvel films, such as engaging, fun, entertaining, wonderful character interactions and amazing action sequences.
    There are a couple of other bullet points, but they're spoilers.

A less director (Marc Webb) would have trouble pulling off all those bullet points in one movie.

I give Age of Ultron a 9.5. It would probably be a perfect 10 if it didn't have to foreshadow and plant the many seeds for Marvel Phase 3 and give Hawkeye more depth, as I think that would have solve many of the pacing issues and seemingly "random" scenes.

4. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Marvel also said that Bucky wouldn't get resurrected. Experience has taught me to take nearly anything said by the entertainment industry with several grains of salt.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I believe that character won't becoming back, as
    Fox/X-Men have done a better job with Quicksilver.

I don't think the departed character has the same impact in the MCU as Bucky, nor as pivotal to any of the story telling in the upcoming Marvel flicks. However, if there's ever a Marvel Zombie movie, I hope that character would return.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    do we really need to hide spoilers this many weeks in?
    i personally don't think his death had enough of an impact to kill him and then bring him back. Plus with so many other characters that they have now, that would be yet another storyline to throw into the mix.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Good question. What is the general statute of limitations on having to use spoiler tags?

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    like 24 hours or perhaps a weekend to be polite.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Regarding the hammer lifting scene, here's my theory: Mjolnir recognized that Cap was indeed worthy of ruling Asgard, but that is not his destiny. That's why it acknowledged him with a twitch, but did not deign to be lifted.

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yeah I don't think Mjolnir is the greatest and most objective judge of character in the Universe. Even if it is, it is tempered by its relationship to Asgard.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I believe Optimus Prime would be worthy to lift Mjolnir and also wield a Green Lantern Ring. :D

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Usually a few weeks to a month after release, which gives people a chance to see it. After that it is just a courtesy (especially if replying to someone who clearly hasn't seen the film yet).

13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    These are the official spoiler periods in JCC:

- TV SHOWS: Spoilers must be kept between spoiler tags for two days after the first airing.
    - COMICS: Spoilers must be kept between spoiler tags for a week after a comic's release.
    - MOVIES: Spoilers must be kept between spoiler tags for two weeks after a movie's release.
    - BOOKS: Spoilers must be kept between spoiler tags for a month after a book's release.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Generally, Mjolinr can only be picked up by someone who is worthy of wielding Thor's power and not ruling Asgard. It could be setting up that Steve has some character flaw that he's unaware of, that he needs to overcome in order to be worthy.

If DC hadn't decided against it, that would have happened.

[​IMG]

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    If I were to speculate why Steve isn't worthy to wield Mjolinr in the MCU, is because he really doesn't value his own life as others do theirs and thus may not have the proper prospective. In Age of Ultron, we see that
    in the Cap dream/vision sequence we see that Steve has accepted his fate of being a man out of time and his dream of being with Peggy after the war is gone. Steve has no plans or desire of finding another love, and therefore a piece of him died. Moreover, without love in his heart, Steve may be more willing to through his own life away than others, such as when he was willing to die on Skovia when he couldn't save everyone in the city. In short, Steve could easily sacrifice himself because he doesn't have anyone at home waiting for him like Hawkeye

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    :eek: :D
    Somebody get on that.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Superman. vs. Megatron.

Admit it. You want that to happen.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmmm, Batman with an Autobot Batmobile...

Darkseid vs Omega Supreme...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

It'd be more of a fair fight than this one was.

[​IMG]

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  23. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I saw this a couple weeks ago, and it certainly has its share of eye rolls and extraneous characters that feel more like setups for future films rather than organic participants, but there are more than a few fist pump worthy moments, and Whedon's singularly zippy cadences propel it all along nicely. B+

Full review here: http://wp.me/p1oNyz-td

Sarge likes this.
  24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    What did you guys think about the Bruce/Natasha dynamic? I wasn't expecting it, especially after her apparent advances on Steve in Cap2. But I found the related dialogue between the two quite interesting. Especially Natasha's "All my friends are fighters, but this guy spends his time avoiding fights...because he knows he'll win."

I think I'd like another Hulk movie. Hopefully a good one...if that's even possible.

Sarge likes this.
  25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Fixed that for you....