main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That wasn't up to their usual standards.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I love this movie. Can't get enough of Scarlet Witch. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, Olson is fantastic, I love her final showdown with Ultron and the way she punctuates it.

Doubt she'll have much to do in Civil War but it'll be fun to see her again.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Bit of a Whedon post-mortem on Avengers AOU. Also? No directors cut! Extras, baby, extras! (also he calls Age of Ultron his most "personal" film ever. I mean, hey, props to him. I actually love the movie but I see it more as a great piece of ensemble moviemaking about evil AI that's going to kill the hell out of us all but maybe that's incredibly personal to Whedon)

http://collider.com/joss-whedon-on-age-of-ultron-directors-cut-more-dr-horrible-firefly/

On whether there will be a director’s cut of Age of Ultron:
    WHEDON: It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything, and always to make the movie with the studio that we both want to make. Ultron was very complex. There was a lot of back-and-forth. My instinct is no. Just as an artist, I’m super ****ing lazy and that sounds like it would be hard. I don’t think there’s interest in it, right now. You’ll see a bunch of stuff on the DVD in extras that were meant to be there. But the narrative came together very close to the way that I hoped it would, and I don’t think it needs me to constantly tweak it. I feel you put something out, and there it is. The first time I ever heard a re-mix, I was 13 and I was listening to the radio. I heard a song that had been re-mixed and it freaked me out so much that I turned off the radio and never listened to it since, literally. That is an actual truth. I felt like, “Wait, that was the song. You can’t do that.” Our entire culture consists of doing exactly that, but I’m not for it. If I tell a story, I want that to be the story I told.Ultron may have some transitions that I’m not 100% on board with. It’s also one of the most ridiculously personal things I’ve ever put on screen. The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity and supported it, I’m very happy and very proud of everybody that worked on it. I don’t feel the need to go in and fix. I feel like, there she is.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Anu word on an extended edition bluray?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    WHEDON SLAMS LUCAS' METHOD OF CONSTANT MEDDLING

Heero_Yuy and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I just want her to get some type of head gear. Always thought Scarlet Witch's helmet/tiara/thingy was awesome.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  10. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Short answer: He doesn't like tinkering with a film he's already put out. So no.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    YOU DON'T NEED TO SHOUT!!!

Whedon was not just referring to Lucas, but to other directors and producers who do that. But he's not really slamming them either. He's just saying that for himself personally, he doesn't feel the need to. He's not the only director to say as much.

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Also given the flack he took for some stuff he probably doesn't want to make a directors cut that does nothing to address those complaints and may generate more.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Digital Release of Ultron is happening soon but I'ma waitin on the blu ray meself.

Also, one of the various reasons I love this movie is this bit:

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would like a director's cut of this film, though I doubt Whedon would be interested in making that. This was a fantastic movie even without the deleted scenes. It's really gloomy with a lot of tragedy in it. I felt bad for almost every character in it, whether they were classified as good or bad.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    How can Quicksilver destroy Ultron drones by punching them without destroying his hands in the process?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    .He does it really fast.

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    at the end of the movie it seemed they were all just punching them into nothing like they were paper

18. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    In the first film, they kinda-sorta pulled off this thing where everyone contributes well in the final battle, despite the greatly varying power levels of the team. This time, they automatically went for the same thing but it felt like more of a stretch.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    That was easily one of the best scenes in the film. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How the Avengers Number Two "should have ended" is in a file cabinet with some marketing executive's other unrealized fantasies.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ending with a nice small touch of the Avengers main theme didn't hurt either. That thing is so powerful it can elevate any moment.

True Sith, BigAl6ft6 and Yodaminch like this.
  22. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Scarlet Witch later throwing the doors open and making a grand entrance onto the battlefield was a great part too.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, I don't know how Pietro's body reacts with healing, but I know from the Speedsters in the DCU, that they can heal quickly as their body's metabolism is accelerated so that they can heal up faster than normal. I would assume their is true here. At the very least, he can generate enough of a sonic boom from swinging hard enough to destroy a drone.

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    "And if you die, walk it off"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But how much can an accelerated metabolism really accomplish? It can't mend and reset broken bones, can it? Would it be able to reforge a fist that's been pulverized into hamburger?