main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Then they try to resurrect Coulson and they start to wonder why it's not working like with the others.

Cut to Coulson having a milkshake with May somewhere.

C: Did you feel that?
    M: No, what?
    C: Eh, it's probably nothing.

They try using the gauntlet again. Tony gets a phone call, picks up.

C: Stop it already! That's getting really annoying!

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    WHAT!? Captain Marvel isn't going to be in the film. I'm not waiting until 2019 to see my girl Carol in action!

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would wager that they're probably shooting Avengers 4 now and with Brolin deep into being Cable now in Deadpool, methinks Thaons ain't exactly in Avengers 4 all that much. Unless they just front-loaded the shooting schedule for Brolin / Thanos leaving him free to be Cable.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A4 doesn't hit for almost two years. Plennnnnty of time for him to finish shooting Cable and then hop into a Pcap suit for his Thanos scenes.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So earlier they were referring to Avengers 4 as "Infinity War: Part 2", and Avengers 3 as "Infinity War: Part 1", but recently it seems like they're just referring to Avengers 3 as "Infinity War" and Avengers 4 with no subtitle yet. Did their plans change already? It almost seems like this change downplays the "grand finale" effect they were apparently going for.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They announced the name change a few months ago, we discussed it somewhere in this thread I think.

I like the change. No need to do "part 1, part 2" when it's an original work.

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True, but now they have to think of something even bigger sounding than "Infinity War" (which I incidentally thought was supposed to be kind of the ultimate Avengers story, too). Anyway, my knowledge of this is very limited... it's just interesting from a movie marketing angle.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So, what...Thanos is supposed to be the big final bad guy...and then there's going to be a movie afterwards without him?

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    They go back to the shawarma restaurant for a 2 hour dinner.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm sure Dormammu could become the next Big Bad, after Thanos is defeated.

Galactus, Apocalypse, and Doctor Doom are sadly off-limits.

Who else is there?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they started talking about how, while they're being filmed/planned at the same time (more or less), they're separate movies. This eventually led to the total separation in titles as well (which was announced last summer).

I think popular opinion is that it's at least partially the result of backlash against other franchises splitting up single stories into two films, like the final Hunger Games movie.

Justice League also seems to have abandoned the "part 1/part 2" pitch that was originally announced too- though that could have several other factors behind it given the whirlwind surrounding the DCEU productions.

As for the "grand finale", A4 is still the conclusion of the 3 Phase mega-arc and i still coming out when it was planned to- the name just changed is all, really. Infinity War begins the finale, A4 concludes that finale.

He likely will still be around after Infinity War. Speculation being he wipes the floor with the heroes in Infinity War and those that survive have to rally for the win in A4. Meanwhile Ant-Man 2 potentially shows the consequences of events between those two films (since Captain Marvel is apparently set during the 90's and is the only other MCU film coming out between the two Avengers movies).

EDIT- Back in April 2016 they talked about the two films:

EHT likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Among comic book readers, it speculated that Infinity War will end with this:

[​IMG]

But, it may be save for "Avengers 4" as Thanos will most likely be in search all of the Infinity Stones.

Personally, I think "Avengers 3" will be an origins story of Thanos and the Black Order. I wouldn't be surprise if "Avengers 3" opens with a battle between the Avenges and Thanos and then flashes back to a Thanos origin story.

I don't think there can be another villain to "headline" an Avengers 4 film. Pretty much, all the MCU films have built towards the Infinity Gauntlet and the complete MCU roster of characters taking him down.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Heavily rumored that the first trailer is going to drop next Friday, the 29th. Imagine it will be the SDCC one that leaked, but had not yet been perfected.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I doubt that the Infinity War trailer would drop on a Friday. I'm thinking it will be either on a Thursday morning or an episode of Jimmy Kimmel or Monday Night Football as Disney likes to cross promote their properties.

But, I do think the trailer will drop in a few weeks as it will be attached to Thor: Ragnarok. Previous MCU films that were released in May (i.e. Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2) had their first trailers drop in mid October. Captain America: Civil War another May release dropped it's first trailer in November.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cap's trailer dropped then because it was coordinating with Thor 2, whereas AOU and GOTG didn't have a fall releasee to coordinate with.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That doesn't seem right. Thor: The Dark World was hit theater on November 8, 2013. Captain America: Civil War hit theaters May 6, 2016. I really don't believe the first trailer Captain America: Civil War was released in November 2013. I think you're thinking of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which hit theaters in April 2014 and it's first trailer dropped around mid Oct. 2013.

Probably get a second trailer to Black Panther in November.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi is now 9-Oct on Monday Night Football, so either those were the rumors or something else is coming soon...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That most likely means presale tickets for The Last Jedi will also be on Oct. 9.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Everyone should look on 10-Oct. I'll check on the 9th by myself.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

9/29 is the premiere date of the ghastly Inhumans, so this would fit your statement.

It's all noise with no confirmation from Marvel Studios, but it's a lot of noise.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, everyone knows that Inhumans will need all the help it can get to get viewers to watch the pilot episode with all the bad reviews and reactions the show has been getting.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Whoops, yeah, misread the post. I thought it said TWS.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Avengers: Infinity War directors tease trailer premiere after leaks appear online

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_blush] Ah, that's why there is all this Avengers Infinity War stuff popping up online.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I wish they would have released the D23 video by now.