main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    So, basically a DOFP-type ending where Thanos effortlessly massacres everybody and the only person left is Thor. Then the Guardians show up. I actually kind of like that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ehhhhhhhh...

[​IMG]

But, now that you mention it... I suspect Tony may be the one to survive, since that was his nightmare from Age of Ultron and work with Strange, GOTG, etc. and have Rocket laugh at him for thinking he's a genius...

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I could see them all die at the end of Avengers 4, as Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview with Vanity Fair:

Now, some have speculated about this last line by Feige and then added the reason as to why the Captain Marvel film is taking place in the 1990s and theorize this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember at this year's SDCC this was shown:

[​IMG]

That could be something unexpected by the non-comic book readers.

It would take a lot of balls to make this twist and perhaps kill the franchise as many MCU may feel betrayed as they have an emotional vested interest in the characters for nearly a decade.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, um, I ditched Marvel way before that storyline. What are you implying here?

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

It's a theory...
    that the MCU will incorporate the "Secret Invasion" story line where:

"a subversive, long-term invasion of Earth by the Skrulls, a group of alien shapeshifters who have secretly replaced many superheroes in the Marvel Universe with impostors over a period of years, prior to the overt invasion."​

So, the Captain Marvel movie is set to introduce the Skrulls right before Avengers 4. So there's the potential that some of the MCU's biggest heroes (i.e. Iron Man, Cap, etc.) have been Skrulls for quite sometime.

I think it's doubtful because I think there's a great risk on destroying the franchise.

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    How does that work? That would mean that Tony Stark never became Iron Man, and it was actually his doppelganger. Why would the aliens impersonate some random billionaire playboy (don't know if he actually was a philanthropist at this time) and turn him into a superhero?

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Perhaps Red Skull, and by extension, HYDRA, turns out to, be an Skrull front?

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Of course, it's has to do with timing; when things actually happened.

And some of the heroes didn't even know they were...
    Skrulls.

Again, this is only a wild theory, which I find doubtful but it's fun to think about the possibility and ramifications.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ...and then he woke up and it was all a dream.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    and Jean Grey was alive!

BigAl6ft6, Ghost and Diggy like this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You guys are making me nervous.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Now, we know that SHIELD recovers the Tesseract at the end of Captain America: First Avenger. But what if...

the events of the Captain Marvel movie really forces them to start developing technologies and weapons using the Tesseract. I knew Fury said it was the Destroyer in Thor that caused them to do that, but maybe the events of Thor accelerated the need for what they've already been doing. Maybe HYDRA agents whisper in Fury's ear that he needs to do that, after seeing the Skrulls.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'm used to the dumb fake outs in the events, but
    most of the MCU heroes and heroines being skrulls would really get my goat...

Never liked that storyline.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, Nick Fury with...

is going to appear in the Captain Marvel movie with both his eyes.

Nick Fury and his Secret Warriors. Quake has been introduced.

[​IMG]
    And he seems to be missing from Infinity War.

Then don't check out this stuff about the theory:

5 Big Twists We Want To See In A MCU Secret Invasion Storyline

Marvel comics has been very conscious of the current social and political climate, and...

"Secret Invasion" was a prelude to "Dark Reign" were Norman Osborne seized power by blaming the previous administration for everything. Now, apply that with Trump.

And Grace Randolph is really excited about the "Secret Invasion" possibility.

And these two videos:

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If I had to guess that anyone was a Skrull, it would be Nick Fury. He’s appearing in the Captain Marvel solo film with the Skrulls after all.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sith_Sensei__Prime - that's true, but I'd rather more of the characters not get that close to reality. It's bad enough we had the
    Skrulls back then and can fall back on them now. I'd like some distance from the embarrassment and woe that is going out in the real world. And Marvel did it again with Secret Empire so...if that's the reveal, I won't be a happy chicky.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's why I feel it's doubtful that the MCU would incorporate that story line to end the first three phases of the MCU. It's going to anger a good amount of the cinematic fanbase.

EDIT: There's also that potential that Disney may retain the rights for The Fantastic Four and X-Men. Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet has the potential to change the reality of the MCU and making it so that mutants and the Fantastic Four were always part of the universe.

Master_Rebado and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't think I would like that (the rumor/spoiler], unless it was only characters who didn't star in their own movies.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ant Man and The Wasp movie has an interesting position of being one of the few MCU movies to come out in between the Avengers flicks. And unless they're doing "Oh, this happened before Infinity War" it'll be interesting to see how they work it sandwhiched in between two Avengers films.

Captain Marvel is doing that too but it's set in the 90s so no worries there.... until she wakes up in the present to be in Avengers 4, that is, muha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A4 is still Phase 3.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So the last Infinity Stone is probably in Wakanda, right? Probably why the big fight takes place there. There also might be some digital trailer trickery, if 3 of the stones are out in space why would Thanos show up to Earth with only 1? Maybe he has 4 of them on the gauntlet and the final stand is in Wakanda to protect the Soul Stone.