main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Thanos transporting himself via some kind of space-warp:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, much better. The more I see the Barton-hawk the more I like it.

BossLogic is pretty great. He even made a Ronin version of the EW cover and tweeted these to Renner too. Like I've said before, I am sure Hawkeye is a part of something huge and Marvel are purposely keeping him under wraps (and/or in retirement mode). Someone on another forum joked their perfect Avengers 4 movie: just Bucky and Hawkeye (I would be all over that and would break my MCU at the movies record).

I do not think it's a coincidence that Clint is in several Marvel comics right now and that is just fine by me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Not buying it. :cool::p:cool:

Master_Rebado likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  6. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I hope he says to Thanos, "I can do this all day."

And Thanos replies, "Not after I have the Time Stone."

7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sarge likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Who has seen CW recently? Are these the same wings?

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Master_Lok like this.
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    @Sarge (I will check right now.)

EDIT: they look very similar (the red inner wings and the whole structure.)

Comparing the screenshots to character designs in Civil War. Still trying to get screenshots

Here is a still from Civil War:

[​IMG]

Hmmm...IW Wings look like a variation of the CW type. The design is very close but the materials used for the IW wings look more like metal than carbon fiber (apologies if carbon fiber is a metal)...

What's your take @Sarge?

Master_Rebado and Sarge like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanos & Thor have the most screentime.

The most important info, however, is at the end: "They also confirm the giant circular ship seen in the film is called the ‘Q-Ship’."

Now I know what to name my car.

11. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I was pretty surprised reading that Thor has the most screentime, but I suppose his connection to the Ather and Power stones may have something to do with that. Or if Heimdall does indeed have the Soul Stone...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    @Master_Lok, agreed that the new wings look more metallic. It's hard to tell for sure, since we're looking at the lower surfaces of the old wings and the upper surfaces of the new ones. Did the upper and lower surfaces match on his old wings? I don't remember. The pattern of the "feathers" looks the same in both versions.

And you're right, carbon fiber is not a metal, it's a composite material much like fiberglass, but woven from strands of carbon instead of glass.

14. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I think quite possibly all of the popular theories floating around for the Soul Stone might end up being wrong. Of all the Infinity Gems, wasn't it unique in that it was somewhat sentient?

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cap is the best humanity has to offer, so I buy he could hold Thanos for a bit. He's going to need a save but he has the will to give Thanos pause for at least a few moments.

as for the lack of Hawkeye, Renner was one of the first people twittering from Avengers 4 so I get the feeling that there's a big loss the good guys suffer and we get Hawkeye on the sidelines most of the time so either at the end or post-credits having to assemble some Avengers to kick off Avengers 4. Clint did lead an Avengers roster, y'know

I read the Entertainment Weekly article (outta 14 covers I got the Cap cover, neat!) and they did actually have some legit dialogue / character interaction spoilers. However, big movie, lots gets cut so never know if it'll make it in

but they had a Rocket / Bucky interaction, Rocket is trying to buy Bucky's gun or arm in the middle of a firefight. And a Cap/Thor interaction where they meet on the battlefields of Wakanda and Evans and Hemsworth were riffing about maybe coming up with dialogue when they meet ala "hey, nice new haircut!"

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As the article speculates, I think it has more to do with Thor seemingly sharing his plotline with fewer characters- especially when one of those characters is Groot with his limited amount of dialogue. I suspect his quest will be the primary setup for A4 and the search for the Soul stone.

17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    In other words, Thor will have to do some Soul searching? :D

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, @Sarge the CW wings match on both sides (just checked that still against a blurry screenshot). Thanks for the clarification of carbon fiber, I thought it was a composite. I suppose we'll know for sure if these are new metal wings. It would make more sense if Falcon's IW wings are vibranium, it's very lightweight. I wonder if Red Wing will get an upgrade too?

@BigAl6ft6 - yes, I remember Renner tweeting from Avengers 4 and that Hawkeye led a team. They've been sort of grooming him as a mentor type in the MCU anyway and with his tactical knowledge and combat experience (as an assassin), certainly wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be the leader of the Avengers. And even more interesting if he goes full on Ronin, which he most likely will since the boots match up.

@The2ndQuest - nice bit of speculating and perfect response to, um, Soul searching. [face_laugh] (Sorry @PCCViking)

PCCViking and Sarge like this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    So wait, really guys?

How come Mister Strange just time loop every single villain?

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Say again, Tarzan?

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    At the end of the Mister Strange movie he trapped that bad guy, who was supposedly a literal god or something, inside of a time loop, even though there was explicitly no such thing as time in that dimension. That being the case, how come he cant do the same thing to someone who A)isn't a god and B)is in a dimension where time has always existed?

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    “How come”?

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So all these references but still no sign of the Thanoscopter, sadly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or the climax of Thanos being perp-walked to the police cruiser while Mary Jane looks on

[​IMG]

Sadly, this is fan art. Probably.

[​IMG]

Anyway, here's the Thanoscopter epic for those who need a refresher

2 years old but James Gunn was hoping for the Hulk-copter in the film

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Because he can apparently only do that if he traps himself in the loop with the target (since he wears/controls the Eye and the resulting spell). So he can only time loop one villain and that's it. Additionally, if he does it inside our dimension, I believe the implication is our entire dimension would be trapped in the loop with them as well.

And even if he managed to get him into a different dimension, if Thanos has managed to acquire the Aether, it's quite possible he'd be able to escape anyways.