main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Avengers: Endgame (untagged spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Is this confirmed yet? I thought it was still just a rumour.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Most sources are now saying Marvel announced it recently, but I don't know where to look specifically for their press releases.

4. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Because that's definitely not how it comes across in the comics. Not at all.

5. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Use Genis, then. But using Noh Varr is a disservice to both Marvel Boy and the Avengers. And yes, I'm aware he's currently in the Avengers wearing that awful costume. :(

6. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    This is the trouble I have with the way these news stories are presented. Everyone lists it as fact and cites it as fact, but without any official confirmation. I am not saying it isn't true, but until someone official comes out at Marvel Studios, I am inclined to list it as rumours. Even Avi Arad and Stan Lee are no longer, official reliable sources, and the article linked suggests its fact, and they comment, but I don't see any form of official confirmation. It sounds more like media outlets are jumping the gun.

All I can find as of last week is that they are in "final negotiations" (always in quotations like that), but otherwise I am not seeing anything official yet.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Then again, these new Marvel movies wouldn't be happening if Sony and Fox hadn't gotten the ball rolling.

I was under the impression that Marvel Studios wouldn't even exist without the money Marvel has made from their deals on the X-Men and Spider-Man films.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I suppose that's a good point. And ultimately, the one God Hollywood bows to is Money. If deals can be made for the right amounts, what in another age would be an insurmountable amount of red tape between studios can now be resolved with just the right type of $cissor. It'd be awesome, for example, having Sam Jackson's Nick Fury appear at the end of Sony's new Spidey movie, wanting to have a chat with Peter Parker in regards to the Avengers initiative.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Though relatively new to Marvel, I've been going through a number of events in the world of Marvel. This has only increased my excitedment for thse

Thrilled about the idea of the Skrulls being in it.

This is all very good news to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Nathan.

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, #3 is not a bad idea, but most of these things are pure fan****. I'd be equally happy if none of them happened. :p

12. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
  13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That's great Arlon! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So cute when a nerd plays with his action(coughdollscough) figures.

14. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Is this going to be another movie that ends with Iron Man not joining the Avengers? I've already seen that twice.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Nick Fury centric, not sure how I feel about that.

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Check The Ultimates. You might change your mind. ;)

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'd say that's a good fit. There is this badass pic of Hawkeye from the 90's I thought of that fits this actor but I cannot find it.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    This one?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Biyu42/Foros/hawkeye1.jpg]

:p

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    [image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/4667174194_f82ebef3e1_b.jpg]
    Not perfect, but a very quick mock up of the "team" thus far.

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't say I'd mind him in this at all. :D :D

22. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    RUMOR: Hank And Janet Of The Avengers Have Been Cast

A well trusted source close to Marvel Studios is saying that Nathan Fillion (Serenity) will be playing Dr. Henry ?Hank? Pym. The actor is in final negotiations for a multi film deal that would start with The Avengers in 2012. Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) will play Janet Van Dyne as has long been speculated ever since leaving Marvel with a stack of Avengers resource material (that?s comic books to you and me) in 2008. This would actually make her the second person cast for the movie, only behind that of Robert Downey Jr.

At this point, they may only be playing S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists. No word on whether any of their super powers will be seen in the first Avengers or not. Their relationship has not been clearly defined either: simply co-workers and/or husband and wife are all still on the table. Official announcements, along with other Avengers casting news, will be done at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

24. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    And I thought there was no way in hell they could ever make me interested in Hank Pym. I was wrong.

25. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Why would anyone make a "Ms. Steed" joke? That would just be wrong. John Steed was the man. The woman was Mrs. Emma Peel.

Or Cathy Gale (and briefly Venus Smith) before her, and Tara King (and, much later, Purdey) after her. But you should already know all that. What are they teaching in schools these days?