The Avenger's OST

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 29, 2012.

Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    After watching the new Avenger's trailer, I realized this film is in a unique position in terms of the score. Most of the other Marvel films had distinct scores written by different composers (Silvestri, Djawadi, Doyle, Armstrong, etc). Avengers itself is scored by Silvestri. I'm assuming he'll be using the scores from the other films as well...?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to see (or rather, hear) how it turns out.
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I suspect he will not be using the other scores. None of the Marvel scores has shared any musical ideas, really. This one might bear some similarity to Captain America, but I suspect instead of a leitmotivic approach to scoring all the characters he'll basically build the score around one big Avengers theme.
  3. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Well that would be a shame... to say the least. He could really do a number (no pun intended...) with all the themes combined.

And I was rather partial to Thor's theme.
  4. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    I love the Hellicarrier theme and The end credits theme. Just awesome. They help me write my story which is a follow-up to the Avengers and to my story that I finished writing a while back.
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'm going to need to give it a listen. I usually like Silvestri's scores, and it's been awhile since I bought any scores, so...yeah. :p
  6. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Well, the end credits track is always going to be the most epic, because it's the theme. :p
  7. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Unless your movie is AOTC. The end credits to that has about 20 seconds of fun right at the end. :p
  8. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Ok, but the Avengers theme was good. :D
  9. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'll have to listen. :p
  10. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I agree that the theme to the Avengers is great. There's a lot of great music on this score. Though, nothing beats BTTF's theme as Silvestri's crowning achievement.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I think that goes without saying. :p
Moderators: Darth_Nub