main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Average Joe' Draft Trial Version (EF was taken to trial and won ... the draft)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The_Chim, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Yeah Rambo lost that match. Not even exploding arrows, a machine gun, flammable oil traps, machete and what ever else his highly trained mind could think of could save him from the sword.

2. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Yes, Chim, I know I voted for Goemon in that match. But I was under the impression that Goemon lost. Looking back, I can see that you flopped on it. Though it's easy to miss that, as you edited your flop in a solid hour after your original post. After two other posts had been made.

And this match is genuinely different Chim. Rambo isn't keen enough to get the jump on Goemon. Ozymandias is.

This match isn't entirely clear. It's time we specified a few things. First of all, do the combatants start within sight of each other? Since the beginning, it's been my belief that they shouldn't. But they do start within sight of each other, I'd be willing to switch my judgment over to Goemon.

As I said, this is a close match, but I wouldn't necessarily object to a Goemon win. I just wanted a bit more consideration, and I feel like we've now had plenty of discussion about this match.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I always thought combatants started facing each other, within eyesight, and within a reasonable area of combat. Not a boxing ring, per se, but at least something small enough to be considered a small two man arena, and where it went from there was up to the combatants.

Also, lol@Joker.
    Unfortunately.

I concede, unless I can find something specific about Tim V. Joker.

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I've always thought of them as starting maybe 10 ft apart, facing each other. Boxing ring or so.

And I voted Rambo. I was his lone vote. And yeah, Joker

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I thought of it as further than that. Normally around 50 feet or so, but definitely facing each other.

I don't think there's any doubt that both unprepped opponents begin the match in view of each other.

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Either way I am still going with Joker here. Funny thing, these matches...

CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Hey! Listen! (1) vs. Aperture Science Team Designed For Baking You......A Cake (1)

For the next number...one.

[b][hl=black][color=chocolate]Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)[/color][/hl] vs. [color=silver][hl=black]Francisco Scaramanga (James Bond) [/color][/hl][/b]

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yes, as good as Scaramanga is with a gun (and he probably is better than Spike on pure accuracy) his odds of killing Spike on the first shot are quite low considering, and that's only assuming he gets the first shot. Spike is quicker so he probably won't.

Spike

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    New draft record. Good work Yak.

I want EF and BaSSiL to say ONE word on this, then I am satisfied.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Durability.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Win

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't think that bullet is going to be an insta-kill, as he's expecting it to be, and I don't think he gets as accurate as he would like against Spike.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Thanks for repeating my statement. I'd like to offer you a long-term contract as my hype man.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Reitteration is never done enough in a draft.

I'd also like to add that not only is Spike's record against bullet wounds beyond solid, his gunfight experience puts him over the top here. It's pretty wide open, and Spike may not be the most accurate, but he'll have the element of surprise, and the closing speed after A) he doesn't fall right away and B)is a superior H-2-H guy than Scaramanga.

15. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    I'm not sure Spike's record on bullet wounds matches up to Scaramanga's record on killing in one shot.

But hey, if Scaramanga messes up that shot...

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Most of Scaramanga's targets are stationary and don't know they're about to be shot.

Not to mention Scaramanga is a bit too methodical and doesn't shoot fast enough to beat Spike to the punch, imo.

17. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Okay, I figure it's been long enough. I'm calling this one for Spike.

18. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Hey! Listen! (2) vs. Aperture Science Team Designed For Baking You......A Cake (1)

For the next number...five.

[b][hl=black][color=chocolate]Brock (Venture Bros)[/color][/hl] vs. [color=silver][hl=black]Kevin (Sin City)[/color][/hl][/b]

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    If he were prepared or something, I could see Kevin having a chance where he could use his stealth. Even then, he's never faced anyone like Brock

20. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    It is customary to allow time for both sides to get an argument in, even if you already favor one contender. Considering this is a finals match, it would be prudent to wait at least twenty-four hours, unless one side concedes or something. Ten hours is insufficient.

Anyways, I would typically favor Brock, though not by all that much. However, Kevin got very lucky in terms of location this time. He's on home turf. This gives him a bit of an advantage he would otherwise lack.

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    An advantage because he knows the location, but a forest is certainly no detrement to Brock, and Brock is much more skilled with any of the weapons that they could get their hands on. He's more durable than Marv, he's faster than Marv, he's stronger than Marv, and he's more skilled than Marv. All it took from Marv was one solid hit on Kevin. Brock's chances of getting that hit are much greater than Marv's were.

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    ARGUMENTS????

Brock is just another of those guys who really shouldn't be here. Unless Kevin is packin... Well, I dunno what, but I know he's not packin it.

Hehe, 10 hours... What was that in last Animated Draft's finals? 4 matches? 5?

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'll fully concede this. Were this a prepared Kevin, I'd argue. But I have no reason to here. I actually debated whether I would want to prepare him or another of my villains. In the end, chose the other. Oh well.

Because without prep, he just doesn't have the durability to take on Brock.

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    It is customary to allow time for both sides to get an argument in, even if you already favor one contender. Considering this is a finals match, it would be prudent to wait at least twenty-four hours, unless one side concedes or something. Ten hours is insufficient.

LOL. Yeah Yak, you draft n00b. You don't do many drafts do you?

I'll fully concede this.

And there you have it. I was voting Brock anyway.

[color=red][b][u]CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH[/u][/b][/color]

[b][hl=black][color=chocolate]Hey! Listen![/color][/hl] (3) vs. [color=silver][hl=black]Aperture Science Team Designed For Baking You......[i]A Cake[/i][/color][/hl] (1)[/b]

For the next number...six.

[b][hl=black][color=chocolate] Donatello (Prepared) (TMNT)[/color][/hl] vs. [color=silver][hl=black] Revolver Ocelot (Prepared) (Metal Gear Solid)[/color][/hl][/b]

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Sure, Donatello will have some device. I'm sure he'll have some plan. But he isn't fast enough to use it before Ocelot drops him. And the Turtles are FAR from durable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.