main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Awakening J/J Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Jedi_of_Destiny_, Dec 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Now, I don't normally post fanfiction. I usually stick to poetry and Anakin/Tahiri stuff at that!

Here's my attempt at Jaina and Jag. Post what you think. I live for reviews. And if you have any idea for a title let me know. I dread picking a title. I'm so horrible at it. :D

My vignette

Jaina stirred out of her rest and yawned, stretching her arms over her head. Her eyes still closed, she wondered if it all had been a dream. She wouldn?t be surprised if she opened her eyes to find her fourteen year old self in her room on Coruscant, her rowdy brothers down the hall and her Dad?s voice calling out for her to get up. Her Mother would be absent, long awake, heading off to some diplomatic meeting.

Jaina felt a slight chill and wrapped her blanket tighter around herself. She wasn?t ready to open her eyes, just in case it hadn?t been a dream. Her life had changed dramatically, both for bad and good, and Jaina was not sure if she liked all the changes.

Many she wished never happened. Chewbacca?s death, the death of that beloved Wookie started a chain reaction that made her life go critical. The Yuuzhan Vong invasion then began, The Myrkr mission, her brothers death?she gulped as the anguish from Anakin?s death enveloped her, then her twin?s capture followed and her darkside journey?

But with death had come life. There was always a joyous event to counter-act the disastrous. Her cousin Ben had been born and she definitely liked the sound of ?Cousin Jaina?. The war had caused her to grow up, forcing a change that might have taken longer to arrive. The Jedi had united, put aside their differences and learned to focus their energies to defeating their enemy and not themselves. Jaina had become a leader, and though the title came with a lot of responsibility she had shared that burden with another.

Her lips curled into a mischievous grin. Jaina certainly hoped that part of her life was a reality. She conjured from memory an image of the green eyed Chiss pilot to her mind. When she had begun to get to know him he had been stiff and formal towards her. Always proper and military-like and letting know one see under his hardened façade, to discover the real Jag.

Over the years and their partnership that had changed, she brought out the rebel and rogue in him. Like Jacen coaxing one of his pet ocean turtles from their shell, so Jaina would bring out Jag?s personality. Grinning ever wider she admitted to herself that she had liked what she saw and still did, judging from the fact that she had married him.

The memory of his lips gently brushing hers after many months separated was a welcome one. It caused Jaina to miss Jag all the more. She wanted to open her eyes to see Jag sleeping beside her. She wanted to feel contentment.

Before she could, she felt her blanket be tugged out of her grasp sharply, until it no longer covered her sparsely clad body. Now cold, her toes tingling with a breeze entering from their bedroom window, Jaina?s eyes flashed open and she prepared to steal her blanket back. Without looking she launched to her side.

Thump. She was stopped by a figure next to her. And she hit the figure hard.

What she saw made her laugh. There was her husband, Jagged Fel, dressed in a pair of shorts only, with Jaina?s blanket covering his upper body. He was curled in a fetal position, obviously shivering. She must have surprised him when she wound the blanket tightly around her.

So, it wasn?t a dream.

Oddly, no grief accompanied that thought. Maybe she had made peace with her brother?s death. Maybe it was because she was married to Jagged Fel and she loved him. Maybe, Jaina knew that she could no longer live in a perfect dream world where everything unfolded according to plan.

Jaina watched as the air left Jag?s lungs and he grunted. She smiled and crawled closer to Jag, and hugged him from the side. Jag stirred and he shivered.

?Cold?? she asked breathily into his ear. He turned

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    hmmmm, wasn't expecting this from you, JOD, but it was VERY good :) Liked all of Jaina's throughts, even though the ones about Anakin were sad. I think Jag and he would have been friends as well :) Great descriptions, I really liked this one:

Like Jacen coaxing one of his pet ocean turtles from their shell, so Jaina would bring out Jag?s personality.

Just a great metaphor, and I think you have a good grasp of the dynamic between Jaina and Jag.

Really enjoyed the playfulness between the two as well. My only complaint is that it was too brief ;)

//cringes in nervousness// How was it?

It was GREAT! stop being nervous. Good to see you branching out, though I could read a couple hundred more poems *hint hint*. Hey, maybe you'll write a full fic next :D Great stuff, really enjoyed it :)

3. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    Ahhh good stuff!!! Me liking! [face_love]

Title??? Umm...i'm not good at this, umm...how 'bout:

-Memories or Moving On, probably Changes

Something like that, i know i suck at that, :p lol

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was great! :D I really loved the ending... bad Jag! :p Maybe a title could be Dreaming or Missing Out.

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    GReat JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was super

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    That was great :D

Before Jag could open his mouth Jaina answered her own question. ?He?d probably make a joke about how we kiss like Hutts,?

Jag gave her a skeptical expression that said plainly, ?Speak for yourself.?

?Or that we should get a room or something.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love the ending :D

I think you should write another J/J vignette :D

7. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Very, very nice. :)

I liked the humour and your characterizations were right on. Keep it going.

8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Thanks everybody! :D

Yoda:
    hmmmm, wasn't expecting this from you, JOD, but it was VERY good Liked all of Jaina's throughts, even though the ones about Anakin were sad. I think Jag and he would have been friends as well Great descriptions.

I'm glad you liked it> I was very nervous.

Just a great metaphor, and I think you have a good grasp of the dynamic between Jaina and Jag.

Really enjoyed the playfulness between the two as well. My only complaint is that it was too brief

Too brief, huh? :D I'll try harder next time, Wes. :p

It was GREAT! stop being nervous. Good to see you branching out, though I could read a couple hundred more poems *hint hint*. Hey, maybe you'll write a full fic next

Thanks! :D And I'm no longer nervous.

Lieutenent_Jaina:

Ahhh good stuff!!! Me liking!

Title??? Umm...i'm not good at this, umm...how 'bout:

-Memories or Moving On, probably Changes

Something like that, i know i suck at that, :p lol

Thank you. And you don't suck at it. I came out with some of the same type of titles. :p

Jaina_and_Jag:
    That was great! I really loved the ending... bad Jag! Maybe a title could be Dreaming or Missing Out.

Yes, bad Jag. [face_devil] Thankss for your comments. Reviews always encoarage me to write more. BTW. Thanks for the suggestions.

JAGSGURL15:
    GReat JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was super

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Chimpo_the_Sith:
    That was great

I love the ending

I think you should write another J/J vignette

Thank you. I liked the ending and as for another one...//voice Yoda// Clouded the future is. //voice Yoda// :p

Jagsredlady:
    Very, very nice.

I liked the humour and your characterizations were right on. Keep it going.

I'm glad you liked how I portrayed the two. That was what I was really nervouse about. THe thing about turning it in to a fic....I'm just no good at something called plot. [face_blush]

Edit: And thanks for the title Jagsredlady. :D

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Too brief, huh? I'll try harder next time, Wes.

Do or do not....there is no try :p

10. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Do or do not....there is no try

Why, oh, why, did I not see that coming. :p

11. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    because your vision is clouded by doubt.....that is why you fail :p

12. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    *smacks forehead* Doh! :p

13. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    wonderful! great viggie JOD!

-jj00

14. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    :eek: Not bad for your first J/J viggie. That was really good.

~aeryn

15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Thanks JainJag00. I'm glad the J/J fans liked it beauuse I figured they would be my toughest audience. I didn't want to screw up J/J for anybody!

Aeryn-Sun: GLad you liked it. I hope I'll be able to write another one. Now if I only could rid myself of writers block.... ;)

16. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
  17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Superb, _Jedi_of_Destiny_! Just superb! You get inside her head, her state of mind, her memories, even the fact she's tired and sleepy and it's warmer under the blanket...

And I think you can spin this off into a fic - don't you? ;) [face_mischief] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

20. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Oh no you don't! I know what you're up to Thrwan_McEwok! :D maybe someday. After I practice with more vignettes.

Glad you liked it though. :)

21. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    _JoD_: you said it best yourself, y'know...
    You really should consider making this into a fic. I bet you'd get loads of readers. And that one-poster seems like it could be expanded so much more. :D

*chants* fic fic fic *chants*

:D
    I mean... you know you want to... [face_mischief]

And if she doesn't... well, we'll just have to keep up the chant! Come on, guys!

...fic fic fic...

:p

- The Imperial Ewok

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    maybe someday. After I practice with more vignettes.

:eek: you don't need practice, I know you'd write something good. Though I won't complain if more of these vignettes show up ;) it would be cool if you wrote a full fic :) can't have too many A/T stories on the boards.

23. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Man, you have a link and everything! Could I perhaps blame it on a evil twin sister that know one knew about until now?

I won't turn this into a fic. Atleast right now. But I could be posting a story in a couple of monthes. Depending on whether I finish it or not.:)

24. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    -YK-: Yeah. All of that. :D

_JoD_: Man, you have a link and everything!

And I will have my revenge! In this 'fic - or the next!

Could I perhaps blame it on a evil twin sister that know one knew about until now?

Hmm. Lemme see...

No. :p :D

I won't turn this into a fic. Atleast right now.

But I could be posting a story in a couple of monthes. Depending on whether I finish it or not.:)

The best way to ensure you keep writing it is to start posting it, _JoD_... ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

25. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Sorry it took me so long to get a chance to check this out. Great job!! :D :D

** joins in chant: fic fic fic ** :D
    Gee, listen to me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. TMcE has been after me to get off my keister and finish the story that I've started. Seriously, whenever you're ready, please write more! This is a great start!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.