main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Background [an anyone/anytime/anyplace fic one post]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lordmaul13, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    It?s the flannelled one?s sandbox, I?m just playing in it. The song is The Background by Third Eye Blind. Please don?t anybody sue me.

The Background
    By lordmaul13

It?s quiet, he thought as he studied her face. He knew it better than his own, every curve, every wrinkle, all were memorized long ago. He watched, almost hypnotized by the regular, rhythmic rising and falling of the blankets as she breathed. Despite the contradiction, he pretended she was sleeping at the same time he pretended she could hear and communicate with him.

Everything is quiet
    Since you?re not around
    And I live in the numbness now
    In the background

?I saw Paul today,? he said. ?He asked about you ? and me ? us. I told him we were ok.? He reached out and brushed a lock of hair from her face. He took her hand and gently stroked it, all the while hoping, praying, silently begging for some sign she was aware of his presence. But all she did was lie there, silently breathing in and out. In and out. In and out.

I do the things we did
    I walk Haight Street to the store
    They say where?s that crazy girl
    You don?t get drunk on red wine
    And fight no more
    Cause I don?t see you anymore
    Since the hospital

?So what do you want to do when you get out of here?? he asked. ?We could go out to the lake, do some camping, some boating, and some fishing. The lake is beautiful this time of year.?

He thought of the time he had taken her fishing for the first time ever. He smiled at the memory of her catching her first fish and screaming at the slimy, wet feeling when it touched her. ?We?ll do that again,? he said, never mind that he hadn?t told her what they would do again.

But the plans I make still have you in them
    Then you come spinning into view
    And I?m hanging on your words
    Like I always used to do
    The words they use so lightly
    I only feel for you

He looked at the clock on the wall. It was getting late. ?I gotta go babe,? he said. ?I don?t know why this has always been so hard for me to say. I-? His voice broke and tears filled his eyes. ?I love you babe. I miss you so much.? He kissed his fingertips and pressed them against her lips. For a futile moment he waited for a response, then turned and left her hospital room for home.

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    ahhhh! that was really sad! the last line of her being in a hospital bed was ;-(!! poor guy, poor girl. i like how u did the song fic tho... nice job!

-jj00

3. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah, that is sad. Sometimes I could cry when I listen to that song. Glad you liked.

lordmaul13

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Bit different from your usual evil lordmaul.

5. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah, a bit different. But still outstanding, as usual, right? ;)

lordmaul13

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Of course. Would it be anything else?

7. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Never.

lordmaul13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.