main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bacon Challenge: results now posted! Come savour the silliness!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    This is a semi-silly challenge to answer a specific request made to the Fan Fic Recommendations Service.

I need stories about bacon. The Bacon Side of the Force, Bacon-Wing starfighters, bacon torpedoes used in combat against the Vong... I don't care, I just need some stories with bacon as a main element.

There will be e-prizes given out for Humour, Most Imaginative Use of Bacon, and Best Miss Piggy Reference.

[image=http:www.muppetsonline.com/pix/general/cards/art3.jpg]

Please link your stories here when they are completed. Thanks!

*Derisa*

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Has to make the first Porkins reference in this thread. [face_mischief]

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Exactly! Thank you! Stories about Prokins and his unhealthy fascination for smoked ham products...

*Derisa*

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    No takers on the Bacon Challenge?

You guys are gonna make me write a bacon based story? :(

Oh well, I suppose it's better than spam. :D

*Derisa*

5. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    This is now offically my favorite thread. I can't think of anything that is better than Bacon. Except maybe tater tots or pinapples. I don't know. It's a close one. If I have time I'll try this. ;)

-Vicster [face_pig]

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    If you like bacon, this thread is for you.

Looking forward to reading your story. :) Don't forget to link it here when you are done.

Thanks for not making me write one for Fletch. :)

*Derisa*

7. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    You know, this is just weird enough to intrigue me. I'll have to see what I can come up with... :)

:) Blind Man

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    That would be *SO* cool...

*Derisa*

9. PresidentKang

PresidentKang Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    I'm gonna write one right now. Check back in an hour or two to see whats up. I got an idea. Here's the opening.
    ----

"Bacon."

----

Thats it. But think it'll go somewhere. Trust me.

10. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    I think I'm about halfway done. I'm definitely gonna finish it tonight. Its wierd so far, but I like it.

11. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    OMG I wrote a story based on Star Wars when I was in like the fourth grade where all the people were food. I don't remember much, but I know Darth Vader was named Darth Bacon. I'm pretty sure Luke was Luke Frywalker and of course Ham Solo. I'll see if I can dig it up for posting. I know everyone liked it when I was 9 years old. :p

12. Mr_Black

Mr_Black Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2004
    HA! [face_laugh]

Brilliance. Utter brilliance.

The first person to do a redux of the Duel of the Fates with Miss Piggy as the dual-blade wielding Darth Maul, squaring off against Jedi Master Kermie and Padawan Fozzie Bear get a official induction into the Fanclub...without the hazing, of course [face_devil].

Instead of setting the fight in a power plant waste disposal facility, you could put it in the middle of a sausage factory. We all know what would happen to poor Miss Piggy in the end [face_mischief].

Derisa; this doesn't necessarily qualify as mayhem, but I commend you anyway. You rock :).

-Mr Black

13. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    To all entrants: Don't forget to post the story in its appropriate era forum, then link it here. I'd start threads, but people might take it too seriously. When you post your stories, please be sure to reference this thread, so your readers aren't wandering through your story thread all confused-like,(they can do that here) and so they know who to blame for all of this.

Master_Vicky: Take all the time you need, just be sure to post the link here when you are done. I'm sure the requestor be happy to read your story, no matter how strange, odd or silly.

BlindMan: I wished you lived near me. Then I could deliver flowers to your door every week, and send you singing telegrams of Star Wars parody songs (the good ones) to show you how much I appreciate your brilliant, fun stories. I think Rouge Squadron remains my favourite of your creations. "Rouge Squadron: when you care enough to send the very best dressed!"

PresidentKang: Already half done: I can't wait to eat- er, read it... :D. BTW, your icon , "Look Sir, Donuts!" remains one of my all-time faves: my beta-diva Rani Veko sported it for a long time.

DCWiz00: Please, please do dig it up! I was considering some time ago posting a thread for fragments of stories we wrote when we were kids: I started with SW fanfic when I was eleven, after not seeing the movies, but reading the books. My writing partner from sixth grade still has those terrible terrible stories...

Oddly enough, I came up with the sick plan of writing a parody of the entire NJO series based on food metaphors: Admiral Snackbar commanding the last ditch effort, guided by the tactics and strategies of Wedge Ofcheese, the Galaxy rallying behind the heroic children of Ham Salad and Leia Organic-Salad, even after their youngest, Aspirin, gives his life against a vicious pack of toxins, while a son is born to ex-Emperor's Hand Marmalade and her husband, Jedi Master Luke Warmwater... heck, even "Zonama Sekot" *sounds* like a funky Malaysian dish or a new kind of curry or something. (And in closing, the famous phrase whispers down through the ages: "Use the Fork, Luke!"...) I'm sorry, it's just so easy. (If anyone wants to adopt this bunny, it's all yours. I'll even PM you all the notes I had for it. It's terrible and anyone is welcome to take it off my hands!)

Mr_Black: Sweet light, is it a mutual appreciation society we seem to be forming? No forum shall be safe! :D

Looking forward to more entries in the Challenge: pretty pretty e-prizes!

*Derisa*

14. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    Finished. Finished. Finished. Its almost 5 AM and I need bed.

Its wierd. Really, REALLY wierd. but I think I actually managed to make it make sense in the end. And the Kaiburr Crystal is in it.

I'm new here so someone walk me through where I'm supposed to post it. I'm guessing in the "Beyond the Saga" forum. I'll do it tomorrow, though. I really, REALLY need some sleep.

15. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    PresidentKang: That's great news! If you can tell me when it takes place, I can advise you where to post it. :)

*Derisa*

16. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    It takes place in the 3rd month of Jacen and Jaina's arival at the Jedi Academy. I believe they'd be about 14, I think. So that would be in "Beyond the Saga" I guess I gotta do the disclaimer, summary,author, etc. etc.

how bout these abrevations everyone seems to be so pumped about? AU means Alternate Universe - so it ain't that. And the main characters are Luke, Jacien and Jaina. So the abrevations would be (LS, JS & JS)?

Titles I got right now is:

Luke Skywalker and the Solo Twins in: Bacon Madness!

or

Master Skywalker and the Jedi Bacon Crystal

So its either a play on "Reffer Madness" or "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" as the title. anyway, yeah, back to a grammar check and a quick re-edit.

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    The FAQ, linked at the top of this page, has a good breakdown of the usual abbreviations people use.

You are correct, that would fit Beyond the Saga.

I like both titles, and all you have to add of the characters is "Luke, young Jaina and Jacen", so people who are fans of those chars can identify it as something they might want to read.

Looking forward to it, PresidentKang!

*Derisa*

18. PresidentKang

Jun 23, 2004
    LUKE SKYWALKER AND THE SOLO TWINS IN: BACON MADNESS!

Author: PresidentKang

Disclaimer: Lawsuits are bad, mkay?

Summary: A strange affliction takes over Master Skywalker who is obsessed with repeating an unknown word. The Jedi Academy doesn?t know how to handle it and everyone becomes really nervous. So new students Jacen and Jaina Solo decide to take matters into their own hands. Then things start to get weirder. And how does a prolific actor and a stuffed plush animal fit into all of this?!

Timeframe: 19 years after the Battle of Endor. post-ROTJ & pre-NJO. Set during the first months of the ?Young Jedi Knights? series.

Characters: Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo and Jaina Solo.

Special guest appearances by: Dorsk 81, a squad of cheerleaders and a sentient TIE Defender! (Confused yet?)

Genre: Humor, Adventure, General weirdness.

Keywords : Young Jedi Knights, Jedi Academy, Bacon, Kaiburr Crystal

Author?s note: This whole thing sprang from the Writer?s Resource Board with a post by _Derisa_Ollamhin_ right here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16200067&start=16239899 Basically she said ? ?Writer?s Challenge! Write a story with BACON as the main element.? And this is what I did. I assumed bacon didn?t exist in the Star Wars universe, so I had to figure out how to write a whole story around it. Much weirdness follows, yet it somehow makes sense in the end. I think. (Fun fact: Shards of the Kaiburr Crystal were used to make lightsabers. http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/kaiburrcrystal/eu.html What does that have to do with anything? Read on to find out!)

Dedication: _Derisa_Ollamhin_ for throwing out such a wacky challenge. Too much Douglas Adams, weird TV, movies and lack of sleep did the rest.

*ahem*

-----------------------------------------

http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16241416/?0

-----------------------------------------

Ok, I finally posted it. Even though I finished it last night, editing look a little longer than expected. If I win a prize, the only thing I would like would be for someone to Betaread my story at: http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16227630/?0 That's not too much to ask now, is it?

Had a blast. Goofy challenge, really weird story. me likey.

lates;
    moi

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    That's one down... (and a very tasty one, too!) Many thanks to PresidentKang for his bravery in going first and his brilliantly funny story. =D= =D= =D=

*Derisa*

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I can't stand to let a challenge pass me by. So, here is my sick little contribution.

Bacon, Sweet is Thy Name

21. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Two down! Very very funny stuff, you guys! Can't wait to read more from the rest of you! (Fletch is gonna love these!)

*Derisa*

22. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Oooh, this looks like a very cool, or should I say sizzling hot, challenge. :D

Bad puns aside, I'm working on a story for it now. I just have one question. Are there any length limits?

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
  24. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    amidalachick, I think Derisa's not putting any limits on this. She wants people to have total freedom of creativity with this, as she's told me personally, so it's safe to say anything goes!

- Rani

25. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    BlindMan: I wished you lived near me. Then I could deliver flowers to your door every week, and send you singing telegrams of Star Wars parody songs (the good ones) to show you how much I appreciate your brilliant, fun stories. I think Rouge Squadron remains my favourite of your creations. "Rouge Squadron: when you care enough to send the very best dressed!"

Well, shucks... :)

Anyway, here's my contribution:

Six Degrees of Revan Bacon

(Which name probably only makes sense for those who've played the "Knights of the Old Republic" video game, but what the hey...)

:) Blind Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.