main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Bad Guy and his Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    The main teaser thread has gotten too bloated to focus on any specific thing, so I am making a new thread for it. Ofcourse, I defer to the wisdom of the mods if they feel this thread is unwarranted.

Anyhow, I wanted to focus this discussion on the bad guys Lightsaber. Now, I really liked how the bad guy (or gal if it might be, we don't know yet) walked. A very primal method of movement. I also really like the raggedy robes, and the motion of pulling out the lightsaber. But then the blade ignited and...

...well it just seems gimmicky for the sake of it, without any real purpose. The light crossguard is not a very good idea; it will fail in the intended purpose of crossguards, which is to prevent the blade of an opponent from sliding down. That's because in the case of a lightsaber the opponents blade will slice the metal nubs of the crossguard.

So what do you think? Do you think the final version should be improved upon edited to either remove the crossguard entirely, or make it more practical?

2. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Sitara and Redimet like this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Practical smacktical. This isn't social realism or a how to book.

Are you conserving all the energy you can?

4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think it looks great!

5. Hardware

Hardware Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand I do think it looks kind of cool. But it does seem a bit impractical.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.