main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE BALANCE OF POWER TRAILER NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ultimateguy, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Ok. Here's the trailer for my very first film of any kind (so go easy on me). Special thanks to Phi for hosting.

EDIT : clickie (save target as)

2. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    That looks very cool! I'll enjoy watching the final film. Location is great, even with the houses in the background. Kinda reminds me of E.T. The Sabers were decent, although the perfectly circular contact flashes bugged me a bit.

Anyways, I had a little trouble viewing the video. On my puny computer I could only view a few frames per second. I would downsize the resolution to 320x240 and maybe drop the framerate to 15fps instead of 29.97.

Great music - I know I've heard it before, but I can't put a name to it.

3. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    For me the audio was very out of sync with the video, and the video didn't pay smoothly...

MoffJake, that music is from LOTR.

4. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Bad data in AVI source file

Doesen't seem to want to work with me.

5. ultimateguy

Jun 18, 2002
    The file is Divx, and is perfectly in sync with the audio only when playing the in the actual Divx player.

Sorry Mac users. I tried to export a Quicktime version, but Premiere always crashes.

EDIT : OK. I now have a Quicktime version. But the person who hosts it for me is currently unavailable. I'll post it here as soon as I can.

6. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I run OS 10.2 and it works fine on my computer.
    I don't know if people know this or not, but there is a Divx codec for Macs. Just go here, and you can watch Divx movies on Macs. We still can't encode, but at least we can watch.

7. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I am also on Mac OS 10.2 and was able to see the video fine. However, I use Divx doctor from www.3ivx.com to extract the audio and turn it into .mov format. If you download the Divx codec from www.divx.com you will also get a program that can do the same thing as Divx doctor but I like DD better because I feel it extracts the audio better. If you're using Mac you'll need to extract the audio in order to hear it, at least in my experience. This applies to both OS X and OS 9.X and the programs and codecs are available for both systems.

8. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Ah, glad to see they have the "Minister of Death" costume way up there in Canada land. It's a cool costume, but kinda strange lookin' for a Sith, especially when there's two of them wearing the same thing. Anyhow, looks interesting, I'll d/l it when your all finished.

9. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Ummm...
    Geez, I really don't know how to ask this without possibly hurting some feelings...

Is this a serious flim or a spoof?

10. ultimateguy

Jun 18, 2002
    serious film

and as I said: IT'S OUR FIRST GIVE US A BREAK!

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm sorry. But if you look at it not knowing, it could easily be either.

It looks like you've got great locations and good costumes. The choreography is a bit slow, but that's the way first films are.

Keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.