main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC The Ballarat Odessey

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jet-Eye, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Will you rival the Xavier Rudd/Vusi Mahsaela duet of "No Women No Cry"?

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    not a chance in hell.

3. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    We - Damir PoT and I - will be in the area from 9pm. Cahill can you confirm what you are doing... I guess the first place we will head to is this place where you're playing TBM... Sensational.

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    You could be un-tight and pick us up, since I don't want to be DD again...

5. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Well that was an experience..

TBM, great stuff lad, really great stuff. Highlight of the night, top marks. Hope we didn't scare you :p

6. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    And if we did, don't worry - the rest of Ballarat scared us. Did you get that bloke's number, JE?

7. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    That was kind of.... wrong.

But yeah, the band was awesome... the lead singer reminded me of Daniel Johns, and your friend - the dude getting drunk in the toilet - was a pisser.

Ballarat: Never Again.

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Hasn't that been said before? And here we are, a year later...

Still wish Nathan had heard what that guy said to him. We were all so happy Kane decided to share.

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    TBM, great stuff lad, really great stuff. Highlight of the night, top marks. Hope we didn't scare you

Heh, thanks. It was pretty good, i thought, but i think we can play much better than that. Plenty of room for improvement, considering it was for all intents and purposes our first gig (our technical first was at a childcare centre open day... um, yeah).

Daniel Johns? Hmm, okay. I'll tell him that. Dude getting drunk in the toilet? Um, i don't know who that was...

Anyway, it was really good of you guys to come. I had a strong suspicion that you were who you were the whole night, hence my strong looks to try and figure it out. No, you didn't scare me; much the opposite. It was kind of cool to finally put faces to names.

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Shara_82 posted on 2/5/05 9:32pm
    Hasn't that been said before? And here we are, a year later...

Still wish Nathan had heard what that guy said to him. We were all so happy Kane decided to share.
    [hr][/blockquote]

If he wasn't a lot bigger than me, I'd of been less polite.

and yes, good showing TBM. Sorry we couldn't stay longer, but we were 'supposed' to be keeping an appointment with Mr. "oh noes my car wont start", aka. Mixo Joe.

It's okay Mixo, but next time you're coming to Melbourne. JE has offered to put you up for the night.

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    hey, that's cool. i'm sorry i didn't get to meet the man himself. I'm sure i will eventually.

And i still don't know what you guys are talking about with this random drunk guy. Unless it was the guy at grainery lane who sat around telling tim off for drumming too loud for about an hour. That was disturbing.

12. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Nah, this was at the Regent. Never bloody going there again.

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I could have told you that before you went. And the Rattle 'n Hum. Disgusting places, the lot of them.

14. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Personally, I liked the Regent. 'specially the blonde airhead (is that a double entendre?) behind the bar who kept charging me less for my pot of heiney then Damir was being charged for his pot of pooheys. :)

15. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    No comment on the above.

And the friend I was talking about, was that dude who plays bass in the band "Better then [insert correct spelling of Jiro here]"... snuck in the bottle of red, kept having swigs in the toilet??

And the "follow me to the car for a good time" dude at the Regent..... lets not talk of it again.

That **** is wack!!

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Damir or should I say JEDI_MASTER_I_DRINK_POOHEYS!!!!

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    And the friend I was talking about, was that dude who plays bass in the band "Better then [insert correct spelling of Jiro here]"... snuck in the bottle of red, kept having swigs in the toilet??

Oh, him. I've met him a sum total of two or three times and he went out with a good friend of mine and then cheated on her. Apart from that he seems like quite a pleasant person who is always happy when drunk/stoned.

Oh, and it's Jarrow - as in, Spack Jarrow. As in, Jack Sparrow said lisdislicsly. As in, a late night with too much milking.

18. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    he went out with a good friend of mine and then cheated on her

The keys player right? Yeeeeeah, me managed to mention that too...

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    correct. interesting - what did he say?

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    That Huggard was indeed the one and true prophet and that Ross - may Huggard bless him and peace be with him - was the true Father and conduit of the Holy Hot Pants transmogrified in the gay boys choir in all of us.

21. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Hey, has anyone else noticed the severe 'lack of Mixo-action' on the boards since "that" night... are we sadly rid of his inane one-liners? Or should we assume the worst and acknowledge that he is probably still bogged at the foot of a mountain.. in which case: search and rescue team, anybody?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.