main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Banner

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    This has nothing to do with the Saga, but everything to do with the SW Saga forum - hence it's getting posted here. ;)

I was being my usual self and checking this forum out when I suddenly had to pause and look at the banner to believe my eyes. The large Darth Vader mask in the middle, because of the lighting, looked almost as if it were a blend of Vader's mask and Emperor Palpatine - look in the middle, where the lighting is particularly glaring.

Kind of eerie.

It has something interesting connotations - though I'm looking way into the banner. It does say that Palpatine was the crux of Vader - namely, without Sidious, it might never have had come down to Obi-Wan telling Luke that Vader betrayed and murdered his father.

Just eerie - how these things work out some times.

So, anyone else get that feeling, or am I just crazy?

:)

Aunecah

2. WhenDaSithHitsDaFans

WhenDaSithHitsDaFans Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2002
  3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you - that really makes me feel good. [face_plain] 8-}

You know, now that I look at the picture - the entire mask looks as if it were fitted to Palpatine instead of Anakin. I mean, just look at the slant of Vader's right "eye" and tell me it isn't similar to the angle Palpatine's face usually is at.

Aunecah

4. WhenDaSithHitsDaFans

WhenDaSithHitsDaFans Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2002
    yo woman- yo crazzzzyyyy!!!!!!!!

:p

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I'm not sure that Palpatine really was at the heart of Vader. Anakin SKywalker was going bad regardless, he couldn't control his anger and frustration at losing this that were precious to him. That's trouble for a Jedi.

It seems to me that Sidious was just kinda there to nudge him along and pick up the pieces when Anakin made a mess of things on his own.

Edit: And if you have nothing to contribute, please don't post here.

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    When looking at this banner, trying to uncover the reason why the main villain of the entire saga does not appear on the Saga forum banner, I noticed that his face DOES appear to be in that little circular thing of a nose. Just coincidence, though.

I still think it's a little unfortunate that our main villain isn't up there... :( We've got Maul, Dooku, Vader, heck, we even have Tarkin. Why not Palpatine? ?[face_plain]

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually, I agree that Anakin was having problems even without Palpatine, but I still think that Anakin wouldn't have turned Dark if not for Palpatine. I think Obi-Wan and Amidala and everybody else could have managed to pull Anakin back into the path of Light if not for Palpatine's intervention. So, I actually do think that Palpatine is the heart of Vader.

Aunecah

8. Valkor

Valkor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Mod Edit: If you have nothing serious to add, don't post.

[face_plain]

9. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    You're all nuts! I can't see...Whre is it >.< *Strains eyes* Ow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.