main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bardotta Duology (6.08-6.09) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This thread is for the purposes of discussion on episodes 8-9 of Season Six. Any spoilers before 12:01 a.m. PST will be deleted immediately. Grading threads will follow at a leisurely pace so as to not overwhelm the boards.​

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I know nothing about this Arc

3. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I have to admit, out of the S6 episodes, these were the weakest for me. I did all household chores and even went to catch a bit sleep while it was in RTL while waiting for the Yoda arc afterwards...

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Same sentiment here. While the kid enjoyed it a lot more than the other, darker arcs, I found all others more enjoyable than this - one for the visuals (Clovis) and the other two for the stories.

5. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    I was uncomfortable with Jar-Jar being in proximity to so many eopies.

he-guy, Watto and darth ladnar like this.
  6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Not the best of season six, but still a lot of fun. Brought back memories of the season 1 days where we'd have shorter arcs, and they just had fun with new alien worlds and teaming characters from the films up just to see them interact. Overall I'd give it a 7/10

7. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    It was cool to see Mace in action again, and even nice to see Jar Jar pull some punches. I enjoyed the music a lot too.

FRAGWAGON, SeparatistFan and Dra--- like this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I definitely loved the Temple of Doom vibe going on. And Jar Jar wasn't too annoying. Though him getting a love interest? No thanks. [face_talk_hand]

9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    One small thought on this one...

So the episode guide claims Talzin's story isn't done yet (probably meaning the Maul comic)...

But just in case she never appears again, or for on-screen only fans... one could assume this was her end if they wished. And her demise was brought about by JarJar. ;)

One thing that other people might not recall, however. In the season 4 maul arc extras, Sam Witner drops a joke that "Maybe Talzin was never really alive to begin with", and this arc and her apparent reliance on the Living Force (she clearly suffers without it when the orb is shattered) could actually give precedent to her being something more than a typical mortal witch. Who knows?

Dra--- and GunganSlayer like this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Did she scream, "I'm melting!", as she died?
    Also, death by Jar Jar is gold.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I loved how Mace threw Jar Jar around like a rag doll.

Revanfan1 and Darth Wookiee like this.
  12. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Wish we could have seen Jar Jar annoy Talzin to the point she screams "I have a headache!" It's a Power Rangers joke for those who don't get it as Barbara Goodson was in both shows playing evil witches. I don't know that's just me.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I mistakenly forgot to check, was Julia voiced by Parminder Nagra? I thought she sounded just like Cassandra from Gotham Knight.

14. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Star Wars does Indiana Jones starring Jar Jar and "Masterin' Mace"?

...I'll take it. I'll take all of it.

FRAGWAGON, Dra---, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  15. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    It was entertaining. The best arc? Not by a long shot. I could have done with a little less Jar Jar and more Mace, but Jar Jar was his least annoying in these episodes and at 1 or 2 times, I actually really liked him. The whole Living Force being important to Talzin should have been more elaborated on. Did she leave after the orb was broken or was she actually injured. Why did she need this power? I hope this will be elaborated on in Son of Dathomir. Come on Filoni ol' buddy don't let me down!

I'd say around 7/10 if I rated it.

16. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Well that was weird . . .

Fun too, I think?

17. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I think out of these 4 arcs Id rate this #3 in the top 4 in this order:

1)Yoda
    2)Order 66 Origins
    3)Jar Jar and Mace Windu
    4)Clovis

18. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Something that really stuck out to me was the fact that they bought some animals to ride along the train track, when they have a perfectly good ship that's much faster than what they were riding.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Honestly if this is one of the final 13 episode were gonna get, I would of preferred we got more stuff focusing on the war with clones and Jedi, but if this wasn't the "final" season I would of been fine with it. Enjoyable two episodes but not something I would waste the last season with.

Unfortunate it took so long for Mace to be the center point of episodes again too. I don't think he's ignited his lightsaber since Children of the Force.

20. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I would have rather they finish the Bounty Hunter arc than this one, unless it turns out this is very important to Son of Dathomir.

Cevan and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    There was definitely something off about Talzin in the episode. Anyone else notice the way parts of her body were turning transparent at random intervals? Almost like a ghost.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Maybe I would have a less harsh opinion of this arc, had it not been among the "bonus content" and was instead part of the several stories within every regular season that I find to be fluff, if not garbage. But as part of the final 13 episodes selected to cap off the series, this arc was just terrible, IMO. There was nothing redeeming about it, and I felt like I kept going to the episode progress bar to see how much of each episode was left. Mace Windu is among my favorite of the protagonists, but Jar Jar at this point is irredeemable, in my eyes as a character that can be saved from being such an irritating character that sucks the fun out of every scene - which I think is counter to the character's very intent.

He has usurped Jake Lloyd's Anakin as the most annoying character (or at least prominent character) to come out of the films and TV shows, for me.

I mean, I guess it was kind of cool to see Mace in the spotlight, but that's about where anything positive I have to say ends.

EDIT: I take it back. WAC and Gascon still reign supreme in the annoyance department. False alarm. Jar Jar is not far behind them though, IMO.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
  24. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Not the strongest episodes but still a fun two-parter. Its great to finally see Mace in the spotlight again after so long. He's certainly one of the more underused Jedi in the series. Shame the fight between him and Talzin was so short though. Felt like I already saw most of it in the trailer. Talzin's dagger shaped lightsaber hilt was pretty cool though.Was also pretty random hearing Satine's theme used in the episode.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One thing I did appreciate about this arc was that it was just the two episodes. After a season filled with nothing but 4-parters, this was a very welcome change of pace. The fact that this was a weaker story than the rest of S6 actually helps that case.