Arena The Basketball Draft II

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 7 of the NBA Conference Finals

Game, Blouses at LeBron and the Frontrunners
    From The Seattle Coliseum in Seattle, Washington

Overtime was not for the faint of heart.

Like two great Heavyweight boxers trading blows, neither team could get a definitive advantage.

A Triple from James put the Frontrunners ahead.
    A jumper from Parker put Blouses back on top.
    A three from Williams put the home team back into the lead.
    Free throws from JR Smith tied it up.

And back and forth they went.

Until the final 22 seconds.

When, for Game, Blouses, things fell apart.

In the final 22 seconds of overtime, Tony Parker went 0-for-3. Dwight Howard fouled out. And James and Nowitzki made two free throws in four attempts, but that was enough to seal the win.

And book their place in the Finals.

Final Score: LeBron and the Frontrunners 110, Game, Blouses 105.

Full Box Score
    Full Play-by-Play

[IMG]
  2. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay, so that's two straight greatest series ever with amazing Game Sevens. @Trimaj and @EmpireForever, what can you do to top it?
  3. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    This is the lineup, and we're not going to change it.
  4. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Man, what a game. Good luck @tom!
    tom likes this.
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    Heads for Hibbert

Starting LIneup

1. PG Mike Conley 48 min
    2. SG Stephen Curry 48 min
    3. SF Paul George 48 min
    4. C/PF Joakim Noah 28 min PF, 6 min C
    5. C Tyson Chandler 24 min C

Bench

6. C Roy Hibbert 18 min C, 20 min PF
    7. SF Andrei Kirilenko 0 min SF
    8. PG Kyle Lowry 0 min PG
    9. SG Tony Allen 0 min SG
    10. PF/C Tiago Splitter 0 min PF
    11. PG Will Bynum 0 min SG, 0 min PG
    12. SF Jimmy Butler 0 min SF

doubt i'll be changing mine either... but we'll see.
  6. tom Chosen One

star 6
    holy crap. great game and series pg.
  7. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Coming up next, game one of the ABA Conference Finals, live from Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana!
    But, first, a series preview from our in-studio analyst Fake Dick VItale!

[IMG]

This serious is gonna be AWESOME BABY!

It's the battle of I-74. It's like the grown-up version of Tobacco Road! Both of these teams have some serious PTPers!

On one side, you've got Steph Curry. He's hitting threes like no one else! Coming into college, he was good enough to play for Carolina or the Dukies, baby! But instead, he took tiny Davidson, and he made them the Giant Slayer, baby! Took them to the Elite Eight! Almost to the Final Four! And he's gonna be running wild and terrifying Griffindor in this series, baby! It's gonna be awesome!

But, then you've got Blake Griffin! He was a true Diaper Dandy for Oklahoma, baby! And he's soaring above everyone else in the NBA. He's the Sultan of the Slam! He's the Dominator of the Dunk! He's the Jack of the Jam! He's awesome baby! He's gonna be a handful for the bigs on Hibbert to try to defend. I don't know if they can do it, baby!

And, look at the regular season for these two? They split the series 2-2, baby! One total point separated them. Are you kidding me? It's gonna be pandemonium in this series! High flying, high scoring, all-out action! It's gonna be awesome baby!

Both teams are gonna have crazy fans. It's gonna be better than the Cameron Crazies! It's gonna be like Duke-Carolina, Ohio State-Michigan, Auburn-Alabama, and the Packers and Vikings all rolled into one! They're gonna dazzle like Lakes vs. Celtics, and brawl like Pistons vs. Pacers! And, half the games are in Indiana, the golden city of basketball? Are you kidding me? It's gonna be awesome baby!

I think, what it boils down to, is the hunger of it all. Heads for Hibbert feels like they got robbed in the regular season. They feel like they should have been a number one seed. They feel slighted. They feel underloved. They feel like they have to prove they're the better team.

So give me Heads for Hibbert in six games, baby! It's gonna be awesome, baby!

Thank you, Fake Dick Vitale.

Season Recap: The teams split the season series 2-2, and tied for best record in the conference. On tiebreaker, Heads for Hibbert scored one fewer point in the season series, giving home court to 10POINTSForGRIFFINDOR.
  8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 1 of the ABA Conference Finals

Heads for Hibbert at 10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR
    From Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

When their playing careers are over, Steph Curry and Mike Conley can use the tape of this game for their post-playing career launching point. They can sell the video as a "how to" video for guard play at the highest level.

The two combined for 47 points from the floor, and 16 assists, as they helped Heads for Hibbert take game one on the road, and set a tone for the series. Curry was especially "on" for this game. He shot 50% from the field, hit five of seven from deep, dished out 8 assists, grabbed 8 rebounds, and generally made life rough on Griffindor. They also took turns defending James Harden, and made life rough on him, as the superstar was limited to only 14 points.

The efficient offense of Hibbert was able to get to the line 29 times, and converted 25 of those. That free-throw edge was something they needed, as Griffindor grabbed a significant edge in second-chance opportunities through better offensive rebounding.

But, Griffindor was hampered by their inability to get quality stops on defense. DeAndre Jordan was particularly woeful, picking up more personal fouls, 5, than he did points, 4, in his ten minutes off the bench. That helped to negate an impressive performance from Josh Smith, who scored 25, grabbed 11 rebounds, and blocked three shots.

Griffindor will look to lick their wounds and rebound in game two, while Heads for Hibbert will look to get greedy and potentially take an insurmountable 2-0 lead on the road.

Final Score: Heads For Hibbert 111, 10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR 100
    Heads for Hibbert leads the Best-of-Seven series 1-0
    Last edited by DarthIntegral, Nov 23, 2013
  9. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well... no reason to change what's working.
  10. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR
    PG: Jameer Nelson(28m), Eric Bledsoe(20m), Greivis Vasquez(0m),
    SG: James Harden(38m), Nicolas Batum(10m), Eric Bledsoe(0m)
    SF: Josh Smith(30m), Nicolas Batum(18m)
    PF: Blake Griffin(32m), Larry Sanders(16m)
    C: Nikola Vucevic(33m), Larry sanders(10m), DeAndre Jordan(5m)
  11. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 1 of the ABA Conference Finals

Heads for Hibbert at 10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR
    From Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

At this point in time, there may be no stopping Steph Curry.

There may not be a way to slow him down.

On a night where his teammates shot a pitiful 2-for-13 from beyond the arc, Curry used a 5-for-10 performance on triples to push himself to a 28-point, 8-assist, 6-rebound performance, as he lead Heads for Hibbert to a resounding win, and a commanding 2-0 lead.

Roy Hibbert scored 21 points as a complement to Curry, and Paul George had 14 points and 13 rebounds. Mike Conley added another stellar night commanding hte offense, with 13 points and 11 assists, to help offset a poor nigh of shooting.

For Griffindor, the story was that James Harden didn't get enough help. Harden scored 22 points and handed out 7 assists, but none of his teammates scored more than 11 points. It wasn't that anyone had a bad game, it was just that nobody stepped up to have a big game when it mattered most.

Now, 10PointsforGriffindor hit the road, trailing 0-2, and hoping to channel the 1996 New York Yankees.

Heads For Hibbert, meanwhile, must be feeling great heading home. After going 3-3 in their first six playoff games and never winning consecutive games, they've won the last three to out nemesis Shaqtastic and put Griffendor on the ropes.

Final Score: Heads for Hibbert 101, 10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR 91
    Heads for Hibbert leads the Best-of-Seven Series 2-0
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

also... noah taking a three... um, what?
    Last edited by Trimaj, Nov 24, 2013
  13. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
  14. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 3 of the ABA Conference Finals

10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR at Heads for Hibbert
    From The Cincinnati Gardens, in Cincinnati, OH

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

If this game had lasted 47 minutes, 55 seconds, 10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR would have stolen Game Three on the road, and would be on the doorstep of tying it up and grabbing momentum.

With 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Josh Smith stepped to the line for two free throws. Sink them both, and a four-point lead seals the win.

He hit one.

Five seconds later, Paul George tied the game on a three at the buzzer.

Five minutes later, and Heads for Hibbert stood tall after overtime, winning the game and holding a suffocating 3-0 lead in the series.

George's triple at the buzzer salvaged an otherwise forgettable night for him, as he scored only 11 points on 5-of-17 shooting. Steph Curry, once again, lead the way for Hibbert, scoring 32 points, handing out 8 assists, and grabbing 7 rebounds. Off the bench, Roy Hibbert provided the inside muscle, scoring 20 and grabbing 11 rebounds.

Nicola Vucevic was the star for Griffindor, with 21 points and 20 rebounds. But that wasn't enough to get his team their first win in the series.

Now, Heads for Hibbert will get four chances - two at home - to get a single win and advance to the finals.

Griffindor, meanwhile, will be left to look to the 2004 Red Sox, 1942 Maple Leafs, 1975 Islanders, and 2010 Flyers for inspiration. And hope.

Final Score: Heads for Hibbert 98, 10 Points for Griffindor 93
    Heads for Hibbert leads the Best-of-Seven series 3-0.
    Last edited by DarthIntegral, Nov 26, 2013
  15. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8

In other words, ride it.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it ain't broke...
    Last edited by Trimaj, Nov 26, 2013
  17. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 4 of the ABA Conference Finals

10POINTSforGRIFFINDOR at Heads for Hibbert
    From The Cincinnati Gardens, in Cincinnati, OH

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

Hard Working. Alpha Male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.

Those are probably the three best words to describe Heads for Hibbert in this series.

If there was any question if they'd take their foot off the gas with a 3-0 series lead, they answered the question early.

Heads for Hibbert turned a tight, two-point game with 3:45 left in the first quarter into a bit of a runaway by ending the first quarter on a 13-4 run. After the lead was cut to six at the half, they scored the first seven points of the third quarter, and kept Griffindor off the board for the first 4-plus minutes of the second half. Paul George scored five points in the final 34 seconds of the third quarter to push the lead to 15 entering the fourth.

And that was simply too much for Griffindor to overcome, as Heads for Hibbert completed the sweep and moved to the Finals.

Steph Curry had a relatively quiet night, scoring only 19 points, as Hibbert used a balance attack that saw six players in double figures. Blake Griffin scored 18 and grabbed 12 rebounds for Griffindor, but James Harden struggled once again with only 11 points.

Final Score: Heads for Hibbert 104, 10 Points for Griffindor 83
    Heads for Hibbert wins the Best-of-Seven Series 4-0.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well. that was anti-climactic after the last two series we've had. i can almost say i'm sorry EF, but it wouldn't be sincere. although i do find it strange that your team didn't get a single win. didn't expect that in the slightest, not after how close the season series was.

hi @tom
  19. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    This is exactly the kind of behavior I expected.

Good luck, tom.
    LloydChristmas and Point Given like this.
  20. tom Chosen One

star 6
    gotta at least start with the lineup that got me here. good luck trimaj.

pg: deron williams (44 min), steve nash (4 min.)
    sg: klay thompson (30 min.), kevin martin (14 min) lebron james (4 min.)
    sf: lebron james (44 min.), jeff green (4 min.)
    pf: dirk nowitzki (40 min.) nikola pekovic (8 min.)
    c: al horford (44 min.), nikola pekovic (4 min.)
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i'll use the same lineup i've been using all playoffs.

Heads for Hibbert

Starting LIneup

1. PG Mike Conley 48 min
    2. SG Stephen Curry 48 min
    3. SF Paul George 48 min
    4. C/PF Joakim Noah 28 min PF, 6 min C
    5. C Tyson Chandler 24 min C

Bench

6. C Roy Hibbert 18 min C, 20 min PF
    7. SF Andrei Kirilenko 0 min SF
    8. PG Kyle Lowry 0 min PG
    9. SG Tony Allen 0 min SG
    10. PF/C Tiago Splitter 0 min PF
    11. PG Will Bynum 0 min SG, 0 min PG
    12. SF Jimmy Butler 0 min SF

you too tom.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Nov 30, 2013
  22. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Coming up next ... Game 1 of the FINALS, from the Seattle Colliseum in Seattle, WA.

But, first, predictions from our previous in-studio analysts and a preview from the one-and-only Fake Bill Simmons

Predictions

Fake Stephen A. Smith: QUITE FANKLY, you can't beat the King. LeBron and the Front Runners in 5.
    Mike Greenberg: Heads for Hibbert in seven, because Steph Curry will outshoot and outshine LeBron James.
    Mike Golic: I'm hungry. How about another $5 Footlong?
    Fake Skip Bayless: LeFraud will LeChoke and be LeExposed. Heads for Hibbert in 5.
    Fake Dick Vitale: It's gonna be awesome baby! But there's no one to stop LeBron! LeBron and the Frontrunners in 7!

[IMG]

Fake Bill Simmons,

You know that doing a preview as a mailbag is a cheap way to mail it in, right?

Tyler in Denver

Yes. This is a cheap way to get the prediction done. But I can't risk going on TV and having rumors spread about me getting another on-air personality fired. Besides, my fake fans will have real anger if I don't do the occasional mailbag.

Fake Bill,

What's been the biggest surprise of this virtual NBA season for dorks? Most obvious outcome?

Armen in LA

Let's start with the easy one first. The team based in virtual Cleveland being eliminated from the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion was inevitable. Even Fake God hates Fake Cleveland.

The biggest surprise? That's a bit tougher. The ease of Heads for Hibbert getting through the Conference Finals has to be up there. The late season swoon by The Knight Shift has to be up there. A team coached by Shaq doing well with free throw shooting. A team coached by Shaq and featuring two budding superstars competing for headlines having no locker room drama has to be near the top of the list.

But, I'm going to go with the play of James Harden. He's the Jessie Spano of this virtual NBA season for dorks. Solid and consistent through the entire season. The headliner you can forget about when there are so many other stars around who have, and will, accomplish more. And then ... that playoff series against Hibbert. That was basically the Showgirls of Virtual James Harden.

Bill,

Shaq - great coach, or greatest coach? Also, what would you more compare the season Shaqtastic had to? Is it more like the Original Death Star from Star Wars, because it was this evil juggernaut team that was taken down by the forces of good in something that seemed inevitable due to dramatic concerns, and yet shouldn't have happened when you look at it on paper? Or is it more like Shawn Michaels? Can I just tell myself that Shaq and Uncle Drew lost their smiles in Overtime of Game seven?

Ken in New York

Actually, I don't think either of those are the right pick. I'd go with The Sopranos. You've got a larger than life personality at the center of it all. You've got a great following, and great potential. Sure, you're overlooked because of some other shows going on (LOST, LeBron and the Frontrunners), but you've got the potential to go down as the best ever. And then, all the fans will ever remember, is that the finale should have been so much better than it was.

Bill,

If this were an actual NBA sim, Inty would have actually simulated David Stern and made sure the New York team got to the finals? Why doesn't the simulator account for David Stern being an evil ********?

PG in NY

(Afraid to say anything)

Bill,

Why does fake God hate fake Cleveland? Does fake God hate Fake Cleveland more than Real God hates Real Cleveland? And when are you going to do another mail bag? And shouldn't you be thanking Cleveland for your World Series win, since Farrell was with the Indians and they helped him cut his teeth? And, really, can't you pinpoint just about every major championship in NFL, MLB, and the NBA to a miscue/pain point for Cleveland? Bellicheck being fired, the Ravens relocating, not drafting Aaron Rodgers, letting home-state boy Roethlisberger become a rapist in Pittsburgh, the Decision, etc. Doesn't it all come back to Cleveland? Answer me or I'll hurt you. I'll hurt you bad.

Erin in Cleveland

(Even more afraid to say anything)

Bill,

So, we've got these games going on our Star Wars message board where we're drafting virtual NBA teams. Except it's not really a Star Wars board anymore because no one likes Star Wars there, but we're too lazy to find anywhere else. Anyways, you should come by because a) you would show your knowledge and win every game and b) you could help us find a proper solution to Wilt Chamberlain being too good to being included. Should we cap his minutes? Exclude him completely? Make you give up your 2nd round pick to take him? Exclude certain years? Give you no picks until free agency if you take Wilt? Help us Bill Simmons, you're our only hope.

Luigi

Yup. These are my readers.

The Prediction: One easy lesson in life: Never bet against LeBron James when he has talent around him. I'm taking the Frontrunners in seven. I think the first six games will be close, with a game seven blowout to seal it.
  23. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Game 1 of the Finals

Heads for Hibbert at LeBron and the Frontrunners
    From The Seattle Coliseum in Seattle, WA

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

We can only hope for six more games just like this.

Up five with 68 seconds left, LeBron and the Frontrunners had a chance to ice the game and give themselves the first leg up.

They didn't score the rest of the game. LeBron James missed two free throws and a runner in the final 53 seconds.

Steph Curry hit two shots to make it a one-point game.

Joakim Noah couldn't score, and Tyson Chandler couldn't get a second shot off in time, and the Frontrunners escaped with a game-one victory.

With his team holding on for the win, the final minute miscues didn't put too much tarnish on James' otherwise excellent outing. He had a triple double, scoring 28 points, handing out 13 assists, and grabbing 12 rebounds. But, he shot better from the floor - 63% - than he did from the charity stripe - 6-of-12 for a 50% night at the line. Klay Thompson was the biggest second banana to James on the night, pouring in 25 points, while Al Horford scored 12 and grabbed 15 boards.

Steph Curry needed one more bucket to get the win, but he continued his strong postseason with 33 points and 10 assists. Paul George had a triple double of his own - 20 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, but his team couldn't find the one more bucket they needed.

Final Score: LeBron and the Frontrunners 114, Heads for Hibbert 113
    LeBron and the Frontrunners lead the Best-of-Seven Series 1-0
    Last edited by DarthIntegral, Dec 1, 2013
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    phew! let it roll.
  25. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well... got no reason to change things, so roll it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.