main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Basketball Draft II

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well, seeing as i have no way of countering james as PG... i'll see if he can handle covering a smaller player the whole game.

Heads for Hibbert

Starting LIneup

1. PG Mike Conley 48 min
    2. SG Stephen Curry 48 min
    3. SF Paul George 48 min
    4. C/PF Joakim Noah 28 min PF, 6 min C
    5. C Tyson Chandler 24 min C

Bench

6. C Roy Hibbert 18 min C, 20 min PF
    7. SF Andrei Kirilenko 0 min SF
    8. PG Kyle Lowry 0 min PG
    9. SG Tony Allen 0 min SG
    10. PF/C Tiago Splitter 0 min PF
    11. PG Will Bynum 0 min SG, 0 min PG
    12. SF Jimmy Butler 0 min SF

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    fyi the sim favors larger players playing down, not the other way around, or so they say.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i have no larger person who can play pg, so... not much i can do about it. the paul george experiment was a horrible failure.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Game 5 of the Finals

Heads for Hibbert at LeBron and the Frontrunners
    From The Seattle Center, in Seattle, WA

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

There was no stopping LeBron James in Game Five.

James was a masterful maestro on both ends of the court. His thirty points lead all scorers. His 13 rebounds were the high for the game. His 9 assists were also a game high. His five steals were one less than the entire Heads for Hibbert team got for the game.

And, for Heads for Hibbert, it was a game to forget. Other than nice shooting from Steph Curry (6-for-11, 3-for-5 from deep), there wasn't anything to really hang their hat on. They turned the ball over too much (25 for the game), they lost the battle inside (doubled up in offensive rebounds 20 to 10), and they couldn't stop LeBron and the Frontrunners from running their offense (31 assist on their 44 buckets). Joakim Noah had a particularly rough evening, with almost as many turnovers (3) as points (4).

Heads for Hibbert can't dwell on the lose for too long, though. One more loss and their championship hopes are gone. They head home for a must win game six, unless they want to see LeBron James and company celebrate on their home court.

Final Score: LeBron and the Frontrunners 108, Heads for Hibbert 80
    LeBron and the Frontrunners lead the Best-of-Seven Series 3-2

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yep, there's officially no response i can make to lebron at point. i've thought about pretty much every lineup i can field, and either the person guarding him just has no way of playing point worth anything, or they can't cover him due to size issues, etc.

congrats tom.

anyway, i'll just stick with my current roster.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    let it roll.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Game 6 of the Finals

LeBron and the Frontrunners at Heads for Hibbert
    From the Cincinnati Gardens in Cincinnati, OH

Full Play-by-Play
    Box Score

A 5-0 run to open the game, and an 8-2 lead nearly four minutes into the game looked like it was going to serve notice that Heads for Hibbert would not be lying down for a King James coronation.

It actually served as a wake-up call for LeBron and the Frontrunners.

Heads for Hibbert wouldn't score again until the Frontrunners made a furious run, taking a 14-8 lead. They built that lead up to a 23-17 lead at the end of the first quarter. By halftime, it was a deflating and humbling 25-point lead.

The message was clear: Heads for Hibbert had no answer for LeBron James. And LeBron and the Frontrunners were champions.

James finished off Heads for Hibbert with another Triple Double, pouring in 25 points, dishing out 15 assists, and grabbing 10 rebounds. He even threw in three blocks for good measure. His defense also helped harass Mike Conley and Steph Curry into a combined 9 turnovers, and limited them to only 11 assists. Al Horford added 19 points and 13 rebounds for the Frontrunners, while 23/6/6 was the top stat line for Heads for Hibbert, coming from Paul George.

Final Score: LeBron and the Frontrunners 100, Heads for Hibbert 86
    LeBron and the Frontrunners win the best-of-seven series 4-2.

LeBron and the Frontrunners are your FBA Champions!

DarthTunick and Point Given like this.
  8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    tom, make sure you PM MarcusP2 to get your VIPship/colors going.

And, some individual awards ...

Finals MVP

[​IMG] LeBron James - LeBron and the Frontrunners

Sixth Man of the Year:

[​IMG] Roy Hibbert - Heads for Hibbert

Coach of the Year:

[​IMG] Shaquille O'Neal - Shaqtastic - 29 Points

Defensive Player of the Year:

[​IMG] Dwight Howard - Game, Blouses

Regular Season MVP

[​IMG] LeBron James - LeBron and the Frontrunners

DarthTunick and Point Given like this.
  9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I can take care of the colors. One week, right?

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. One week

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wooooooooo! good game trimaj. i would say sorry but it wouldn't be sincere, etc.

12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    coach

OF THE YEEEEEEAR

[​IMG]

DarthTunick , xblackout and tom like this.
  13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yep, that's pretty much what i was expecting. i was considering trying noah at point, or tony allen, but... really doubt either of those would have worked out either.

'grats tom.

14. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Congrats, Tom.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, would steph curry have been offensive player of the year out of curiosity?

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    LeBron was everything of the year.

Good show everyone.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, who's up for another round?

I'm willing to commish again, but would like someone to co-commish with me, for two reasons. First, it will help speed the game up. Second, it will help them be ready to host the fourth entirely on their own. (maybe xblackout?)

I'd like to do a free-for-all, pick any player from any time, all time greats draft again. There's the sticky situation of Wilt. I've come up with two options I'd like to throw out there:

1) No Wilt. I'm not a fan of this option, as you can't claim it as all-time greats without Wilt. But, it helps address the competitive balance as the sim loves Wilt a little too much.
    2) Draft Wilt, and lose all draft picks after that. Basically, if you take Wilt in the 1st round, your 2nd - 12th player is picked up in Free Agency after every other team has filled their rosters. Pick him in the second round, you have 10 free agents after all other teams are full. And so on. I like this one because it adds some strategy to the draft. I don't like it because the possibility of you fools letting some cunning GM get Wilt in the fifth round is a sick thought to take in.

So ... Wilt Thoughts? And who's in?

(Point Given, I assume we're good to do another one?)

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Whomever takes Wilt automatically makes all of the women on the boards pregnant. And Inty.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah we're good to do another one. I'd be okay with no Wilt cause if you do option two, someone's gonna end up snagging Wilt in the 4th or 5th round and add them to a team with Michael Jordan or Kareem or Bird or Magic or Duncan or Lebron etc. Basically Wilt is the Galen Marek of the Basketball Draft.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    limit the year you can take wilt in. that's the only thing i can really see working with him after last time. if not, i'd lean towards no wilt.

and i'm game.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Head over to the Comic Book Draft and pick me. :p

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm down for Part III!

:D

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    But I need wilt to winnnn

dp4m likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Option 3: Take WIlt; but you have to take 2013-14 Anthony Bennet with him. You must start both and give both the same number of target minutes. :p

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol! that... would be amusingly painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.