main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Battle At Hand J/J -----author quick note! 9/15------

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jags_gurl, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    cool fic! hehe i loved the interruption by wedge!

2. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    that was cute.

~Luv Hann

3. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Jaina Solo shifted uncomfortably in her cramped seat. She cast a glance around the rest of the cockpit's occupants, Kyp Durron, Jag Fel, and Garik "Face" Loran. She caught Jag smirking at her. "What?" she asked, throwing her hands in the air.

"Nothing." He replied, turning back around.

Face was sleeping, she sensed, and though his eyes were closed, Kyp was as alert and ready as ever.

Jaina rose, stretching, and squeezed her way through the small, cramped cockpit of the loaned shuttle, with Jag following her. She crept quietly through the main section of the shuttle, attempting not to disturb the resting occupants.

Wedge said she could take any group, and so she hand picked the her strike team, pulling the best members from each squadron separately. She scanned the area; Kell Tainer was sleeping, Wes Janson was not sleeping, but just closing his eyes. Jaina shivered, Wes still retained that semi-horror-inducing grin of merriment, one of those ones where he's just pulled the worst prank in the galaxy. Jaina decided she didn't want to know what he was smiling about.

She continued looking at the other members of her team; Piggy, and Sharr, both members of Twin Suns; and Jedi Knight Corran Horn rounded out the rest of her quickly assembled team, all resting.

Jaina tiptoed past Wes, hoping he wouldn't notice, but her attempt at stealthiness failed miserably, and Janson's eyes snapped open. "Are we there yet, O Great and Glorious One?" he asked.

Jaina held a finger up to her lips and shook her head 'no.'

Janson's face fell. "How bout now?" he asked, brightening considerably.

Jaina mock-glared at him, and continued past, to the far corner of the shuttle.

"Are you sure?" Wes called after her. Jaina shot him a look.

"How did we get stuck with him on our strike team?" Jag asked.

Jaina shook her head sadly. "He came so highly recommended."

Jag assumed a look of surprise and shock. "By who?"

"Colonel Darklighter and General Antilles." She said.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jag said, and
    Jaina shook her head. "Well," he amended, "The only logical reasoning behind recommending him is, I guess, to get him out of their hair."

"And I fell for it." She whispered.

Jag nodded, a glum expression on his face.

"Is it too late to turn back?" she inquired.

Jag narrowed his eyes, and elbowed her in the side.

"Sithspit. So, we're stuck with him then?"

"I can hear you!" Janson called, his voice sing-songy.

Jaina sighed, resting her head against Jag's chest. "Make it stop." She murmured.

"I don't know how." Jag confessed. "Did it come with an owner's manual? Or at least an on/off remote?"

"Nope! Or, I'm sure Gavin and Wedge woulda found a way to exploit it," Janson stage-whispered, eyes closed once again. "Are we there yet?"

Jaina sighed, and Jag glanced around, making sure no one was looking, and slid an arm around her shoulders. She snuggled against his side, hoping to catch a few hours' rest before they were insystem.
    more up later...typing like a maniac, and the next post will be up with in the next half hour... :)

4. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Jag woke up an hour later, and careful not to disturb Jaina, he unwrapped his arms from around her,placing a kiss on her forehead and let her sleep some more. He crept through the shuttle to the cockpit and returned to his seat in the pilot's chair. As he shifted around, he was aware of someone studying him-Kyp.

"Good morning." Kyp said.

Jag let a small smile play across his lips. "It's afternoon."

"Well," Kyp said, raising an eyebrow, "A wise old friend told me morning is whenever you wake up, and I tend to believe him."

"Who said that?" asked Jag, not looking up from the terminal in front of him.

"Han Solo."

"Oh."

Before Jag could comment any further, another person crept into the cockpit. Jag turned, half expecting it to be Jaina, so he was considerably surprised to find Wes Janson sitting in the copilot's chair. "Hello, Colonel," Wes whispered. "Are we there yet?"

Jag rolled his pale green eyes. "Is he always like this?"

"Yes," said a new voice-Face, "He always has been, always will be. We're almost certain that it's caused by a mental disability, but, unfortunately for us, the medics haven't found a cure for this." Face sighed, "The one thing bacta can't fix."
    i know that was short, but i'm working on a longer one, that will be up soon! :)

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Short, but sweet :)

Another post? Great! :D

6. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Jaina leaned over Jag?s shoulder studying the map of the planet-or is it a moon? She wondered- on the terminal. Jag pointed to a spot on the map. ?This is the only spot the scanners picked up that had anything close to civilization. If Shawnkyr managed to get planetside, that would be the logical choice for her. It?s on the far side, and it should be dark when we land, a plus because you won?t be able to see us, but a negative as well, since we aren?t familiar with the terrain. Looks like there?s a canyon to the south of the settlement or base, and it seems to run northeast, towards the base, as well as a small mountain chain running parallel to it, with a narrow plain between the two. I think we could land in the canyon, if you wish.?

Jaina nodded, considering. ?Well, people, opinions?? she asked.

Face frowned. ?We don?t know how deep the canyon is, or how hard it is to get out of, so it might be best to not land there. But, on the other hand, it might make it harder for scanners to pick up the shuttle.?

Kyp spoke up. ?If we?re going to land, I?d find a spot in the canyon. We pull out our camouflage covers, and you won?t be able to see the shuttle.?

Jaina nodded. ?To the canyon it is, then. What?s our ETA??

Jag pressed his lips together. ?10 minutes.?

?Gotcha.? Jaina slipped out the cockpit, to the main part of the shuttle, where the rest of the team was prepping. ?Listen up, people. We?ll be planet side in ten minutes, I want us ready to go in five. Kell, you?ve got the demolitions pack, Face, you?ll be carrying an extra demolitions pack, in case we have to split up, which I think we will. Corran, you and Sharr have comm equipment, and Kyp?s our local medic, so for anyone who gets a boo-boo, see him. It looks like the terrain will be desert scrub-ish, so wear the desert-camo-cloak-poncho-things. Standard-issue blasters and power packs for everyone, and I think that?s it. Any questions??

Wes raised his hand, waving it like an excited student. ?Ooh, ooh! I have a question, Teacher! Pick me, pick me!?

Jaina shot him a pointed look. ?Anybody else with a question??

?Me, me! I have a question, call on me!? Wes exclaimed.

Jaina rolled her eyes. ?Yes, Janson??

?Who?s carrying food??

Jaina sighed. ?Piggy?s offered to take rations, though I doubt we?ll be needing them. This should be a fairly short in-and-out recovery mission.?

Wes smiled. ?Ok.?

Sensing a pair of eyes watching her, Jaina whirled to see Jag, leaning in the doorway and smiling at her. She shot him a questioning look, and he waved off, shaking his head. Jaina turned again, and started assembling her equipment; she clipped her lightsaber to its customary place on her belt, slid in a blaster and strapped a mini holdout blaster to her left forearm. She also attached a vibroblade sheath to her other arm, before slipping on a camouflage poncho-like cloak over everything. She turned to watch the rest of her crew as they finished preparing; Kell was sliding the large, bulky pack of explosives onto his shoulders, and Corran just finished securing his pack. Everyone else looked ready to go, and Jaina narrowed her eyes.

?On second thought,? she announced, ?We?re splitting up, just in case. Face, you?re Team One Leader, and you?ll get Sharr, Piggy, and Kyp; I?m Team Two Leader, and I get the rest of you stragglers, Corran, Jag, Wes and Kell.?

?Oh, goodie! I?m with the Goddess, I?m with the Goddess,? Wes started to sing.

?Except for Wes. You?re on your own.? She changed.

Wes looked at her crestfallen. ?That?s not fair.?

Jaina shot him a toothy grin. ?Anyways, Kyp, I need you to split your med-pac with Jag, I know he?s never been a field medic, but, it?ll have to work. Piggy, split the rations pack with me.? She instructed, and smiled satisfied as Kyp shucked his pack, and quickly sifted through it.

As she was slipping on her pack, she stated, ?Everyone else, maintain little comm use. I don?t want our comm signals giving us away. And remember your call signals. Everyone got it??

?You bet, Goddess.? Said Fa

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I'll be back for more tommorrow :)

8. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    ok, i lied, i couldn't help it...its official, im a computer addict, but i had to get everything set up for the next part... :D
    The sun was just beginning to peek above the horizon when Team Two paused behind an outcropping of rocks. Wes Janson peeked behind a large boulder, a pair of macrobinoculars in his hands.

?Ewok Man, get back here.? Jaina commanded. ?No one?s out there.?

Janson turned back. ?Yub, yub, Goddess.?

Corran frowned. ?Wait, Jaina. Stretch out with your senses. I sense presenses in the distance??

Jaina half closed her eyes, searching the area with her Jedi senses. Her eyes flew open, surprise mirrored in her features. Corran nodded. ?I thought there was someone out there; you just confirmed my fears, Goddess. Guys, have your blasters ready. Someone?s been following us.?

Jag pulled his charrik out, searching the plain. He shook his head. ?I don?t see anyone. Then again, with all these rocks??

Jaina chewed on her lower lip, her hand on the hilt of her lightsaber. ?How many do you sense, CorSec? I?m getting two, maybe three.?

The older Jedi shook his head. ?I can?t tell, Goddess.?

?All right, then, guys, let?s move. Quietly, now.? She commanded. ?CorSec, you lead. I?ll take the rear.?

The dark haired Jedi nodded, and was about to move, when he heard the echo of a falling stone. The foursome froze, looking for the source of the noise. After a moment?s hesitation, they started moving again. Jaina heard another sound behind her. That sounds just like a power pack being inserted into a blaster! she thought. She reached for her lightsaber, and heard more clicks from behind her. She felt something hard jabbed in her back, and she was about to protest.

?Freeze.? came the deep command from behind. The rest of her group froze. ?Put your weapons down. Arms up.?

Jaina stretched out in the Force, and sensed just 1 being behind her. She smirked. I can take him on. She thought confidently, raising her lightsaber, and turning in one fluid motion to face the man behind her. She couldn?t see much except beady black eyes; the rest of his face was concealed behind a bandanna like object hanging around the lower half of his face, but she could tell he was smiling.

?Put the weapon down, Jedi. Now.? He made some motion, and she was shocked to watch 30 plus blaster muzzles being raised around boulders, trees and other obstacles. She carefully dropped her lightsaber to the ground, and raised her hands, with the rest of her team following her lead. Ysalamiri! That?s why we couldn?t sense them!

The man motioned with his blaster. ?Packs off. And, I?ll take the holdout blaster and vibroblade as well. Don?t try to hide your weapons, that would be considered a painful mistake.?

Jaina swallowed. What do you recommend, CorSec?

Corran?s green eyes were wide. Listen to the nice man. For now.

As the man was picking up her weapons, including the small blaster and vibroblade and sheath, Jaina noticed a patch on his shoulder that made her heart skip a beat with fear, and an icy lump crystallized in her guts. Oh, Sithspawn?
    first thing tomorrow i'll get teh next part up...just couldn't resist posting this one... :D

9. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Peace Brigade?!

Great post :) I'm officialy addicted now :D

And don't worry, I think I'm developing a computer addiction, too ;)

10. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    uho . . .

~Luv Hann

11. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great posts jg! I'd have posted sooner if I'd been home, but I really like your story :)

12. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    oh my gosh. i totally know what you guys mean about a computer addiction. I have a huge research paper on the IRA due tommorrow, and I haven't even started b/c I've been reading everyone's new posts. ick.

anyway, great story! can't wait for more.

13. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Hmm... that sounds about how I was during my finals last semester... 8-}

14. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    yeah, i have a math final tommorrow, too. i'm un peu screwed.

15. Hann315

Apr 7, 2002
    poor u guys. Finals are over and I got out of school last week.

~Luv Hann

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    My finals were 3 weeks ago... I was just describing what I did then.. 8-}

17. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Great post! I'm sure Jaina and Jag will be happy when they can finally stop hiding their relationship!

18. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    sorry it took so long to get the update! more soon! :)
    Jaina resisted the urge to spit on the Peace Brigader?s cheek, especially when he was right in front of her. She couldn?t sense Kyp in the Force, but she wasn?t sure if he was covering or if he was captured.

?All right, Jaina Solo, tell us where the rest of your group is.? He hissed.

?Um, ok, I?ll do that. No. This is my group.? She said, looking away.

He snarled, his dark eyes narrowing as he reached for a vibroblade. He thumbed it on, and pressed it to her cheek, and he slowly turned her head back to him, the blade leaving a thin trickle of blood. She looked over his shoulder to see Jag, and his green eyed gaze locked with her brown ones, and she didn?t need the Force to see the pain and fury raging in his pale green eyes.

?Solo, for the last time, where is the rest of your group? We found the shuttle, and destroyed it,? Jaina winced inwardly. Not good? the leader continued, ?Solo, you can?t say there are no others, so where are they?? the man demanded.

?Well, for starters, I couldn?t tell you offhand for two main reasons. One, because you?re the enemy, and that would be stupid of me, and two, because of these handy-dandy animals called ysalamiri, I can?t sense where my team is, so I couldn?t tell you even if I wanted to.? She said, smiling.

Just then, a comlink chirped. ?Poster Boy to CorSec. Come in CorSec.?

Jaina would have smacked a hand to her forehead, if it weren?t for the stuncuffs locked on her wrists. Of all the rotten times, Face, you just have to call now?! she thought.

?Poster Boy to CorSec. Are you there?? he repeated.

more soon! :)

19. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Ouch.. sounds like Face has impeccable timing... [face_laugh] Great post jg!

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post! I'm looking forward to the next one :)

21. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    The dark skinned Peace Brigader turned from her. ?No other members of your strike team? Riiiight.?

He snatched the comlink off of Corran?s vest. ?Ah, CorSec here.?

Face sounded mildly amused. ?This doesn?t sound like CorSec. CorSec?s voice isn?t that high. And this can?t be Imperial Boy. His voice is definitely deeper, same with Explosion Boy. Goddess, is this you??

?Um, yes this is Goddess?? the Peace Brigadier said.

Jaina could hear Face?s laughing. ?My, my, my, Goddess, what a deep voice you have.?

She could hear someone in the background in a high falsetto- Must be Sharr- say ?All the better to-? and then someone else ?Piggy- said ?Shut up, Psycho.?

?So, ah, Poster Boy,? the man said, ?Where are you exactly??

?Well, Goddess, we?re in place.? Face replied.

Jaina knew Face had to have figured out something went wrong. He?s not that dumb, I?m surprised the Peace Brigader thinks he is?

?Oh, good, that?s great, Poster Boy. And, we?ll be in your position in minutes, I think. Where exactly is ?in place??? the man asked, speaking now in a higher voice.

?I?ve got to go, Goddess! There?s people-? and then the comm transmission ended.

The lead Peace Brigader turned to Jaina, whom she?d privately dubbed ?Evil Beady Eyes?, turned back to her a sneer forming. ?No, this is my group,? he said, stepping closer, mocking her. He slapped her hard on her cut right cheek, and she winced, staggering back from the blow. She saw Jag stiffen, and the muscles of his jaw clench in anger. He was just short of exploding, Jaina knew.

She smiled tightly, and straightened up, narrowing her brown eyes. ?I wouldn?t do that again if I were you.? She murmured.

The man struck her again, on the other side of the face, and Jag looked positively furious. Jaina shook her head. Don?t do anything stupid, Jag. she begged silently.

Evil Beady Eyes turned back to Jaina, a glint in his dark eyes, when someone shouted.

?Hey, Mr. Peace Fanatic!? Evil Beady Eyes turned around to frown at the speaker, Janson. ?I haven?t had breakfast yet. When do we eat??
    more soon, very very soon! :)

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Excellent job! I can't wait for more.

Jaina should just hit him back. Even w/o the Force, she had all that training in combat. She should use it ;)

23. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] Wes is the best! Great post jg! Keep 'em comin' :D

24. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Face turned around to face the other members of Team One. ?All right, so now we go to Plan B.?

Sharr sighed. ?I didn?t even know we had a Plan B. Do I want to hear it??

Piggy shook his head. ?We never want to hear Plan B. Whenever Poster Boy has a Plan B, that usually means something stupid.?

Face looked crestfallen. ?Guys, come now. Really, I do have a plan. Master, can you sense our little Jedi and friends??

Kyp hesitated, before shaking his head. ?No. Sorry, Poster Boy. I think they have ysalamiri. It has to be.?

?Ok. Well, then. How far away are the ysalamiri?? Face inquired.

Kyp closed his eyes. ?2 kilometers or so. Not that far.?

?What about the shuttle?? asked Piggy.

?Too far away, and if they found Team Two, I bet you a million credits they found the shuttle.? Said Sharr. ?Plus, it?s not exactly an assault shuttle.?

Face nodded. ?Righto. Well, then, guys, we got a team to save. I want us there in 20 minutes, and, sithspit, I could use Kell, but since he?s Team Two, I?ll need someone to help me set up charges. We?ll need a rockslide, a present for our Peace Brigaders and a lomin ale.?

?A lomin ale?? Kyp repeated.

?Course. Hey, a guy gets thirsty once in awhile.?

Kyp shook his head.

?Lead the way, Master.? Face gestured
    more soon, thanks for the comments!

25. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Another great post! This is one of my fav. stories so far :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.