main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Battle At Hand J/J -----author quick note! 9/15------

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jags_gurl, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    ?99 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 99 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 98 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 98 bottle of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 97 bottles of ale on the wall! 97 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 97 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 96-?

?Will you please just shut up?!? demanded Evil Beady Eyes, his voice echoing around them.

Janson glared at him. ?You interrupted me! I forgot where I was!? he accused.? Let?s see, where was I , where was I?oh, yes, 96 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 96 bottleS of ale! Take one down pass it around, 95 bottles of ale!? he continued singing.

Jaina stepped up closer to him to whisper, ?I?m not sure ticking off Evil Beady Eyes here is a good idea, Ewok Man.?

Janson shot her a hurt look. ?Well, they haven?t fed me breakfast, it?s the least they can do; I want my caf and some pan crepes would be nice, and some nice fruit and I?m tired and I just wanna-?

?Ewok Man, you?re doing it again!? she hissed. ?You can sing, but please, please, don?t sound like a whiny 2 year old!?

Janson grinned. ?95 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 95 bottles of ale!?

He kept singing, but Jaina drowned him out, trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. She shuffled on, stumbling almost into a thorny bush, but Jag caught her in time. ?Thanks.? She blushed. She noticed the group had stopped, and the Peace Brigaders were taking a break under some shade. She trudged over to lean against a rock, away from the rest of the group. They stood so they were hidden from their captors? view. Jaina doubted the Peace Brigaders would care much. Already half the group had been sent back; due to the ?good behavior? on Jaina?s team?s part. So, only 12 to go?if Face comes, we just might have a chance to get out of this mess, save Shawnkyr and get back home in one piece. Jag followed her, and stood there looking at the cut on her cheek with concern on his face. He reached up with a hand, even though they were in stun cuffs, and stroked her cheek lightly. ?You ok? I wanted to pound that guy into the ground??

She smiled. ?I?m fine, Jag, it?s just a cut.?

He narrowed his pale green eyes. ?If you say so. I wish I had my medpac, but those blasted Brigaders have it. I?d put a bacta bandage on it if I could, but for now, this will have to do.? He leaned down and gently placed soft kisses on either side of the gash, just above it or just below it. She turned her head to smile into his green eyes.

?All better?? he whispered, eyes sparkling. His face was inches from hers, and his breath was warm on her cheek.

?All better.? She repeated, capturing his lips in a kiss. She closed her eyes, savoring the kiss. It ended all too soon, too short for her tastes. She opened her brandy brown eyes, lips curving into a smile. She slid down the rock, tilting her head back to rest against the rock. Jag stood there, observing her.
    ?Hey, you two! Get back over here!? called Evil Beady Eyes, gesturing with a blaster. Jag extended a hand, actually both since they were restricted in the cuffs, and took both of Jaina?s small hands in his, tugging Jaina to her feet. She wondered if he realized his reluctance to let go of her hands.

Wes had started singing again once they started moving, and Jaina groaned. ?56 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 56 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 55 bottles of ale on the wall! 55 bottles of-?

Jaina shut him out again, ignoring him. Jag was following close behind her, Kell and Corran on either side of him. ?Has he always been this bad?? she whispered.

?No,? Kell said, ?Usually he sings in a more on-key tenor voice. He must not have had enough caf, that would be why he?s flat.?

Jaina glared back at him. ?Not quite the answer I was looking for.?

?Let me try. No, Goddess,? Corran said, a half smile tugging on his lips, ?Usually he?s worse.?

Wes glared at them. ?43 bottles of- Hey! I heard that!- lomin ale on the wall! 43 bottles of ale!?

Jaina groaned. ?Ewok Ma

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

What a great post!!!

3. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    i've just read the whole story up to this point. man, that last post was hilarious!

and i like the way you write the interaction between Jag and Jaina. kudos! kudos!

4. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    OMG, this is such a great story!!!!!!!!!

5. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    THIS IS GOOD!!!!!

~Luv Hann

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    That was great jg! I love how you portray Wes :D

7. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    JPS, LJS, jaya,Hann & Jade: thanks!! glad you enjoy reading it, i'm enjoying writing it!
    oh,yeah, still writing the next bit, so it'll probably be up tomorrow morning... :)

8. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Face nodded to Sharr. ?Ready, Psycho??

?Ready as I?ll ever be, Poster Boy.? Sharr answered, brushing dust from his knees as he rose.

?Piggy?? Face whispered. The Gamorrean nodded, scrambling away from the ledge, reattaching his macrobinoculars to their spot on his pack. ?They are almost in position.? He whispered, the mechanical voice barely audible.

?Master in place.? Kyp called into his comlink. A dry breeze from the plain tousled his hair as he peered down the mountainside. ?And the group?s almost in place, as well. Are you sure this is going to work, Poster Boy??

Face shot him an amused glance. ?Am I ever sure anything will work? No. What I am wondering is if you?ll be able to get our people away in time.?

?You worry about the rockslide, I?ll worry about our people.? Kyp replied. ?Set charges for 30 seconds.?

Face nodded. ?Consider it done.?

Kyp cocked his head to one side, listening. ?Do I hear singing, or is it just me??

Face paused, listening, before breaking into a grin. ?It?s Ewok Man.?

Kyp grimaced. ?Remind me to advise him to stick to a career in military, not singing.?

much more soon! :)

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm really enjoying Wes. Who needs sanity?

10. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post jg! Keep 'em comin' :D

11. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    RM: lol! how true! ;)
    Jade:Here you go! enjoy! :)
    ?You know what, Ewok Man?? Jaina asked.

?One sec-1,097 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!-What is it Goddess?? Janson asked.

?This is an order. Shut. Up.?

Janson?s face fell. ?Yub, yub, Commander.? He mumbled, bowing his head and scuffling along in the dirt.

Jaina burst into laughter, but stifled it at a glare from Evil Beady Eyes. ?Janson,? she whispered, ?You are so pathetic!?

He brightened, straightening up. ?Thank you Goddess! I try my hardest!? He winked at her.

Jaina just smiled back at him, dropping back to walk beside Jag. Their arms brushed, prompting a smile. She glanced up into his pale green eyes. ?They?re going awfully easy on us. Hard to believe they?re actually Peace Brigade.?

He nodded. ?It is weird. Then again, who was expecting a Peace Brigade base out in the middle of nowhere??

?Obviously not Shawnkyr.?

Jag dropped his gaze, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth. ?You have a point there.?

Jaina, sensing she hit a nerve, she tried to slip a hand into one of his. ?We?re going to get her, and then, we?ll get away. Just like always, we get away.?

Jag shook his head. ?You?re starting to sound like an X-wing jockey with an attitude.?

?But, you love it.?

?Right I do.?

Jag suddenly jerked his head around. ?Did you hear that? Sounded like thunder, almost.?

Jaina followed his gaze, a frown on her face. ?I didn?t hear anything-wait. Wait, wait, wait.?

Corran frowned as well. ?Guys, that was no thunder.?

Kell stuck his head in the group. ?No, that was Ewok Man?s stomach. He didn?t have breakfast.?

Corran shot him a look. ?Quiet, you. As I was saying, that sounded awfully close to a-?

?Rockslide!? shouted one of the Peace Brigaders.

?I was just about to say that.? Corran muttered.

?That had better be our team, or else we?re in deep Hutt drool.? Jaina said as she watched the dozen or so Peace Brigaders run away at high speed. She raised her voice to shouting to be heard above the increasing roar. ?I said, that had better be our team, or else we?re in deep Hutt drool! That?s your cue, Poster Boy!?

?Give up on it.? Kell said as pebbles started to rain down.

?Right.? Corran agreed, nodding as the pebbles increased in size, still raining down.

?Run.? Jag said.

Four took off, leaving Jaina staring up at tumbling mass of rocks in wonderment.

Jag turned, still running. ?Goddess!? he called. ?Goddess, RUN!?

Jaina turned slightly, still keeping her eyes fixed on the rolling rocks. She pointed somewhere, hand outstretched and her brandy eyes narrowed in concentration.

Jag stared at her in horror. What in all the cursed galaxy is she doing!? he thought, starting to race back towards her as the rocks seemed to grow in size; now, orange sized stones were raining down from above.

?Imperial Boy, don?t worry about her! Get clear!? called Corran.

?Negative, CorSec! She?s going to get herself killed!? cried Jag.

?Don?t make me pull rank on you, Imperial Boy!? Corran shouted.

Jag turned back, reluctantly. Anguish filled his pale green eyes as now grapefruit sized stones crashed down.

?Come on, Imperial Boy!? yelled Kell.

Suddenly, Jaina let out a whoop of joy as a small silver cylinder raced towards her outstretched hand. It smacked into her open palm, and she ignited the violet blade, flipping into the air over the swirl of rocks.

Corran grinned as well, his hand outstretched, silently calling his lightsaber back. ?We?re out of the area of influence from the ysalamiri!? Corran shouted, struggling to make himself heard over the roar of falling rock. ?Non-Jedi, get clear!?

?Yub, yub, CorSec!? hollered Wes, leaping over rocks and brush.

Jag, finally pleased to see Jaina moving, took off running.

Jaina used the Force to leap high over boulders and somersault in the air, allowing shouts of exhilartion. I never realized just how much I rely on the Force until it was gone? she thought. Gotta hate those blasted ysalamiri!

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was great, jg! I love it! :D

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Excellent posts JG! I love this story :)

14. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    After they?d all eaten, much to Janson?s joy, the group headed out again. Jaina and Corran had managed to some how find their missing demolitions, comm and med packs and they were hiking through the rough, rocky terrain, when Janson took a deep breath. ?Ohhhh an Ithorian went yodeling on a mountain so high! Hi! Whennn aaaa long came a cuckoo-bird interrupting his cry! Ohhh-?

?Spare us the misery, please.? Face said.

Jaina smacked a hand to her forehead. ?Ewok Man, I was under the impression you were singing to irritate the enemy and out of protest for lack of food. Why are you doing this?!?

Wes grinned. ?Because it?s such a bee-oo-tiful day!?

Jag drew his charrik and took careful aim. ?Permission to put him out of his misery, Goddess??

Jaina laughed, slapping his arm playfully. ?Put the charrik away, Imperial Boy. I can do better.?
    With a grin, she half closed her eyes.

Corran?s green eyes widened as he realized what she intended to do. ?Ooh, ooh! I can help!?

In a matter of seconds, the Jedi had successfully built a Force-soundscreen around the group; Janson?s voice was muted, as if someone had taken a remote and turned the volume way down. The group laughed; it was comical watching Janson?s lips move, but hearing no sounds.

?Anyway, how long till we get to their base, Poster Boy?? Jaina asked, turning as they climbed another ridge.

Face allowed a humorless smile, and pointed behind her.

She spun to see the perimeter of the base. A feral grin crept along her face. ?Ok everyone. Split back up into teams, but this time, it?s gonna be different. I want Poster Boy, Ewok man, Explosion Boy, Imperial Boy, Master and CorSec with me. We?re getting Shawnkyr. Psycho, you and Piggy are getting us an escape shuttle. Makes sure it has weaponry and a capable hyperdrive.?

Sharr and Piggy nodded, immediately taking off towards the landing grid, on the north side of the base.

Jaina watched them for a moment, before turning back to her group. ?We split up again, Face, you?ve got Team One, and I?ve got Team Two. Ewok Man, go with Master and Poster Boy; Imperial Boy, Explosion Boy and CorSec with me. This is how it goes, people. I want Team One to set up a diversion on the south east side, away from the landing pad and away from the main building. Team Two and I will be entering into the main part of the base, looking for the detention area, or wherever they keep their captives. We get Shawnkyr, you guy get us out, and Piggy and Psycho pick us all up, and we?re home in time for happy hour.?

Face nodded. ?Sounds good. Let?s go people!?

He directed his group down the hillside, blending in with the natural vegetation.

Jaina turned to her three. ?Let?s go, boys.?

?You lead, Goddess.? Corran waved her forward. ?I?ll take the rear guard.?
    more up soon...i think...still writing the next part... :D

15. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post once again, jg! I love how Jaina shut Wes up :D Looking forward to the next one :D

16. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post as usual :D He he, Jaina and Corran shut Janson up! Yay!

17. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    They crept along the way. Jaina cursed herself silently. I should have brought Kyp. He could blank these people?s memories faster than I can! She sighed, swiftly removing the memories of having seen the team in the base from the Peace Brigader.

She raised a hand. ?You will show us where Shawnkyr Nuruodo is being held.? She said, making a subtle hand movement, a suggestion with a Force assistance.

The human nodded. ?I will show you where Shawnkyr Nuruodo is being held.?

Jag felt a renewed appreciation for the skills of the Jedi as he watched Jaina influence the Peace Brigader in front of them. He smiled as he watched Kell rise from the floor; he?d been faking adjusting his boots, but in actuality, he?d been placing a small charge. The man led them through the base, pausing at a door.

Jaina raised her hand again, making a subtle movement. ?You will go now, and leave us in peace.?

?I will go now, and leave you in peace.? The man said monotonously.

Jaina grinned at his retreating figure. She fiddled with the lock. ?Sithspawn. I should have asked for the key-code, too.?

Jag shot her an amused glance. ?Allow me, Goddess.?

He pressed a few buttons, and when the door didn?t open, he sighed, shook his head and drew his charrik. He fired two shots into the controls before Jaina could stop him.

She stared at him incredulously. ?Jag, you probably tripped the security!?

He smiled slightly. ?No. They don?t have an alarm system, at least not on this key-pad. It should open now.?

Jaina pressed a smoking button, jerking her hand back. ?Ow!? she yelped, sticking her finger in her mouth. ?It?s hot!?

?Well, duh, Goddess.? Kell said. ?Blaster bolts burn.?

?Thanks, I didn?t know that.? Jaina hissed, pressing the button with the Force.

The door slid open, revealing a tall blue-skinned Chiss female staring out a window, ?Colonel. I was wondering if you?d gotten my message.?

?Yeah, yeah, save the plesantries later, Nuruodo. We gotta get going. Tight schedule and all.? Jaina interrupted, coming behind her and propelling her towards the door.

Jag ignored Jaina, his pace matching Shawnkyr?s. ?Your Clawcraft, where is it??

Shwnkyr flicked her red-eyed glance over to him. ?It is irreparable. The ion cannon hits took out my repulsor lifts. I believe my crash was fairly similar to yours at the academy, in the Blue Flame . Do you remember??

A smile tugged at Jag?s lips. ?How could one forget??

Kell tapped Jag?s shoulder. ?Imperial Boy, we can reminisce on the way home.?

Jag nodded, drawing his charrik. Jaina pulled her blaster and spare power packs from her belt, tossing them to Shawnkyr. She and Corran held their lightsabers in a one handed grip as they ran, not ignited yet, just waiting for a mob of Peace Brigaders to swarm them.

They weren?t disappointed. Jaina snapped her blade on, and up in a high guard. Corran ran up to the front with her, deflecting ruby blaster bolts with is silver blade as she deflected them with her violet one.

Jaina snatched her comlink, still batting away shots from the Brigaders, and thumbed it on. ?Goddess to Psycho, you there??

Sharr?s staticky voice answered them. ?Psycho here. Go, Goddess.?

?We need that shuttle now, Psycho.?

?Working on it, Goddess. We?ve got problems of our own.? Sharr answered tightly.

Jaina winced, she could hear blaster bolts in the distance. ?Copy, Psycho. Sending Poster Boy and group your way. We?re going to need that shuttle in 3 minutes. Can you do it??

Sharr hesistated. ?You bet, Goddess.?

?Good. Do it. Goddess out.? Jaina slapped her comlink back to its spot on her belt, dropping into a deeper link with the Force and letting it guide her movements. She deflected shot after shot, and she was noticing for every one Peace Brigader taken down, two more with blasters ran up. Sithspawn. she thought, focusing. Kyp? she called telepathically, Kyp, Sharr and Piggy?s run into trouble. Go help them! she hoped he got all of that. On a second thought, she pictured th

18. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Excellent post once again jg! I love the action :D

19. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Excellent as always :D I can;t wait for the next post!

20. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Jag set Jaina down on a bunk in a back room, concern reflecting in his pale green eyes.

He reached for his medpac, when Jaina put a hand on his arm, gritting through her teeth, ?I?m fine. Just a burn.?

Jag barked a short laugh. ?Just a burn? Please, Goddess, let me see.? He pryed her fingers off of his arm, pulling out bacta salve out of the pack. He spoke to her as if addressing a young child. ?Goddess, let me see. I?ll make it better.?

Jaina glared at him, but softened it with a small smile. ?Don?t use sound so patronizing with me, Imperial Boy.?

?Sorry, Goddess. Are you going to let me work on your shoulders or not??

She just studied him, and he gave a little noise of exasperation, kneeling down next to her. He covered her mouth with his, kissing her with an urgency. Despite the pain, Jaina?s arms wound around his neck, not willing to release him from the kiss. Her fingers ran through his hair, and he gently wrapped his arms around her, taking extra care because of her injuries. He reluctantly broke the kiss, leaving Jaina breathless and smiling.

He narrowed his eyes, a suspicious grin on his lips. ?That?s all you really wanted, isn?t it? Now, let me see that shoulder.?

She grinned wickedly. ?No.?

Jag groaned teasingly, resting his head in his hands. ?I?ve created a monster??

?Shut up and kiss me already. You know you want to.? Jaina accused.

Jag laughed. ?Happy to oblige, Goddess.? He ducked his head again, catching her lips in a kiss. After a few moments, Jag pulled back again. ?Let me fix that shoulder, now.?

Jaina nodded.

He knelt closer, studying the scorch with interest. ?It?s not that bad,? he pronounced. ?You might want to see the MD when we get home, though, if you can?t heal it yourself.?

Jaina nodded again, wincing as he gently pressed a bacta numb to the injury.

He proceeded to coat the half dollar-sized hole with a salve, and he carefully placed a bacta bandage over it. ?Done with this arm. Let me see your left arm; where you got grazed by a bolt.?

Jaina raised her arm, and Jag turned it towards him gently, with all the care of a real medic. He studied the angry blistered streak on her arm for a moment, before softly pressing a bacta bandage to it.

She smiled up at him, brown eyes sparkling. ?Much better. Thanks.?

She moved to sit up, but Jag?s mouth found hers again, and she lost herself in the sweetness of his lips.

?I?m going to go up front, now. See if anyone needs anything,? Jag whispered, his lips brushing hers.

?Stay here, with me.? Jaina pleaded. ?I need you here.?

?You need to get some rest.? Jag said, his forehead touching hers. ?You know you won?t get much with me around.?

She grinned lopsidedly, and Jag?s heart skipped a beat. ?You have a point,?

Jag nodded, kissing her forehead. ?Call me if you need me.?

She nodded, resting her head back on her pillow. ?I will.?

?Sleep well, Goddess.? Jag murmured, rising to his feet. She closed her brandy brown eyes, an angelic smile lighting her face, and Jag tucked a strand of silky brown hair behind an ear. He caressed her cheek lovingly, and turned, shutting off the lights as he left.

Jaina just smiled, almost asleep instantly. Love you, Jag?
    alright, more maybe later... :)

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    :D What a wondeful post! I am looking forward to reading more!

22. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post! More soon? :D

23. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Jade: I'm not sure if i'll be able to finish typing the next bit and get it up soon, might be able to or get it up later tonite...but i'll try to hurry! :D

24. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Take your time.. I'm in no hurry.. quality over quantity :)

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    what's this? four posts since i last read the story? which was just like three hours ago? Everyone is updating!!!!! Yay!!!
    Jaina/Jag mush [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.