main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Battle At Hand J/J -----author quick note! 9/15------

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jags_gurl, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    *gasp* We're over half way done!:eek:
    46 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 46 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 45 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!
    New York Yankees colors!
    EDIT:2300! Come back JG!

2. Nomad-2

Nomad-2 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    45 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 45 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 44 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

Yes it is two seperate colours! Rock on Liverpool!

3. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    *more gasps* This thread exceeded 2300!:eek: :eek:
    45 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 45 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 44 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

4. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    44 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 44 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 43 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!
    Blondie^..^

5. Nomad-2

May 23, 2004
    43 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 43 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 42 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I had started reading this before I was a member on here and lost the link. I love it! Wes was just hilirous! [face_laugh] The water buffalo song is awesome! Love that song! Robbing the bank was classic! [face_laugh] Jag sneaking in and using the comm is very amusing. The bar brawl...[face_laugh] Han's memory of little Jaina was sweet! Kettch...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yay! Han came back! The vows were beautiful. [face_love] Anakin coming was sweet. I hope our author comes back and completes this!

And of course, we can't forget...

42 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 42 bottles of ale! Ya take on down, pass it around! 41 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

7. Arryn_Fel

Arryn_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2004
    41 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 41 bottles of ale! Take on down, pass it around! 40 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

8. Nomad-2

May 23, 2004
    40 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 40 bottles of ale! Take on down, pass it around! 39 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

9. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    39 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 39 bottles of ale! Take on down, pass it around! 38 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

10. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    38 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 38 bottles of ale! Take on down, pass it around! 37 bottles of lomin ale on the wall!

11. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    I am utterly, utterly mortified at my horrible-ness. I am so incredibly sorry, guys, for never responding or posting or whatnot. I don't want to offer excuses, but I'll list some reasons : May was graduation, so much of my year was focused on finishing up and moving on and I've been packing all of July summer (we're finally moving houses this weekend, and I leave for college in 17 days) so I will try extra hard to get a post up tonight, and if not, some sort of reputable teaser. And. I will try to wrap this up by the time I start school (3rd week of August) so here goes nothing.

Again, I've been continually amazed by you guys' persistance. I am so humbled and so thoroughly embarassed with my behavior! Do forgive me! I love you guys!

~ jg

12. Exploded-Girl

Exploded-Girl Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Don't worry about it! I definately forgive you! (especially if it'll get us a post faster;))

We were starting to wonder if we were gonna get to the end of our song before you came back. But I think we were running out of color combinations! :p

I'm still trying to get over the initial excitement right now, so...if you'll excuse me I have to go do something.

*squeals silently before standing and doing a happy dance around the thread* Come on everybody! Join in the Happy Dance!

13. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    This one's for Arryn, Nomad, Exploded, FelsGoddess, Blondie and if I missed any that continually and tirelessly upped, I'm sorry! You guys are the best - thanks for forcing (no pun intended) me to stick with this and for being so incredibly patient! I really hope you enjoy... I tried to make it nice and long....

:D

Sharr Latt, newlywed with a bride a galaxy away, stood calmly next to Kell Tainer, who was still setting charges as different areas of the base were closed off. Most of the people stationed there had come to recognize this as their last stand, and were setting themselves to go out in a blaze of glory.

Not Sharr though, and not the rest of Wraith Squadron.

He had a wife to get home to?wherever home was?

?Hand me those wire snips, will you?? Kell?s voice was muffled by the thick plasteel visor he wore over his face as he soldered a wiring link together.

Sharr picked up the desired tool and pressed it into Kell?s palm. Kell glanced at it quickly and shook his head, handing it back to him. ?No, the wire snips.?

?Kell, those are wire snips.?

The big man turned back to his work. ?Then I want the other pair.?

?I don?t have another pair.?

?What do you mean, you don?t have another pair? You have to have another pair.?

?Do I look like a tool shop to you??

?I dunno, let me check.? Kell twisted to peer up at him. ?Not quite, but close enough. Wire snips, please.?

Sharr glanced at the pair in his hand, and handed them back to Kell.

?Thank you. Was that so hard??

The bleach blonde shot him a purely incredulous look, raising his hands in question.

?What??

?That?s the same pair I just gave you!?

Kell eyed the pair and shrugged, turning back to his work. ?If you say so.?

?Kell, my friend, I think you?ve taken one too many compression waves to the skull.?

?Are you calling me crazy??

?Using big fancy words, yes.?

?Thought so.?

?You?re not denying it.?

?Nope,? said the visored man, shaking his head.

Sharr proceeded to watch his longtime friend work for a while before asking suddenly, ?Do you think we are all going to die??

Kell?s head jerked up and around to look at him, and Sharr could only see his eyes until he set down his torch and wire snips and pushed the visor up to reveal the rest of his face.

?Now, why would you, Mr. Perpetually Positive himself, ask me a question like that??

?Because I wanted your opinion.?

?Oh. Well. You realize that I am the one who wants to blow up the galaxy and doesn?t really care how it gets done as long as it?s a really big and pretty explosion?right??

Sharr chuckled. ?Yeah, I know.?

?And you still want my opinion??

?I suppose.?

?OK. Well, in that case? even though I?m rigging this base to blow the Yuuzhan Vong to kingdom come and back, and a lot of us are going to get caught in this blast radius?no, I don?t think we?ll all die. At least, I hope not. I don?t want to die. I have a wife and a kid I want to see again, you know? Nevermind, you wouldn?t know.?

Oh, I know a little more than you think, my friend, Sharr thought ruefully. Out loud, he grinned and pushed Kell?s visor back down. ?Thanks. Now, hurry up, I?m freezing.?

?You can?t rush genius.?

?Fine lines between insanity and genius - you know that as well as I do, Tainer.?

?Again, not arguing. Laser torch??

?Yes, I have one.?

Kell?s gloved hand stuck out, waiting for it.

Sharr feigned affront. ?You could say ?Please, Wonderful Toolman Sharr, may I have my laser torch??

?Or I could just threaten to cross the wires and blow us all to kingdom come right now.?

?Oh, shut up.?

?And you told me that time flies when you?re dead,? Anakin Solo complained.

?Well, technically speaking, we are timeless since we?re dead,? Anakin Skywalker amended, ?But these weeks are dragging by really slowly.?

?Thank you!? Anakin muttered. ?I hate waiting for this. I wish I didn?t have to??

?You don?t,? his grandfather reminded him gently. ?You made this choice, and

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I love your confidence or overconfidence, which ever it is. Its a whole different catagory of confidence. Its the Solo confidence. The kind that ensures trouble. :p

*Takes a Vong-sicle*

That's a weird problem, the edit thing. I don't know.

Great update! =D=

15. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    Yay!!! You're back!!![face_dancing]
    You posted, so of course we forgive you!:p
    :eek: Did marriage affect Sharr? He wasn't joking around in this post. He was...Serious.
    Gread post! Glad you're back!
    Blondie^..^

16. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Sonofasith!!! :eek: :eek:

Have mercy and PM an old buddy when you resurrect stories like this! :D

17. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    I was reading this before you left and i lost the link and i just found this again by some chance of luck. i'm glad i did. I really love this story and i'm glad you're back. I haven't been on for a long while either, so it doesn't seem like you've been gone that long. i loved the new post and i can't wait to see what happens.

~Sticks/Jaina

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    if you don't remember me.. fine but I'M BACK!!!! and if i can catch up on all these stories like i should i will but in due time... man i missed this place!

~Master_Jaina1011[face_dancing]

19. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Yippee! [face_dancing]

Squishy updated! :eek: I'm still loving this fic. [face_love]

Nice update!

You know I can't wait for more. Bring on the Vong-sicles! :D

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    OMG! You updated!!!!!! :D :D :D

I was just dropping by to see how far they'd gotten with bottles on the wall and I see a post. Very pleasent surprise. :D

That was awesome! :D Amusing banter between Sharr and Kell, loving intimate moment with Jaina and Jag, and then a Jedi party. :p Perfect post. ;)

Now let's hope the promised Vong-sicles come soon. ;)

21. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    :eek: ... It's you! Now I feel bad for not having confidence in you. :p Great post!

22. jags_gurl

May 29, 2002
    Replies to come soon, probably later tonight!

Quick update: Post is almost finished, just have a few more pages to write, scenes to tweak, expect it by no later than Sunday, 4:00 PM! I'm finally just about settled into the new house, finally got my internet up and running and smoothed out my notebook problems (it was having trouble adapting to the new setup, lol).... anyways, see ya'll soon!

~jg

edit: P.S. Oh yeah, almost forgot, since I can't edit the title bar, I'll just PM you guys when I get the post up. If anyone doesn't want me to PM them, speak up now or forever hold your peace ;) But seriously, let me know via PM or in here...

23. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    PMs would be awesome. ;)

24. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    i agree, pms would be great.

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    PMs would rock my socks! :p