1. RPF Award Voting has Begun!

Click here to view the ballot!

SWRPF Archive The Battle for a Mind

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Skippy_The_Crazy_GM, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, I have decided to try my first RPG here, and it will be very different. The story is, there is a young Shi-ido boy of immense power, he is a rouge with alleigence to no one. You play an ambassador of either a Species (anything but Shi-ido), a Faction i.e. The Galactic Empire, the New Republic, a Profession i.e. Bounty Hunter, Jedi, Sith, Starfighter pilot, or a Mentality i.e. Pacifast, or Loner. You can chose only one of these, you cannot be a Wookie Bounty Hunter, or a Loner working for the Empire. Through the power of words, you try to influence the boy to join with you. At the end, he will have chosen one Species, Faction, Profession, and Mentality. The power of words is all you have. For a character sheet, I'll need this:
    Name:
    Faction, Species, Mentality, or Profession:
    Appearence (Height, Weight, and marks):
    Background:
    Two Weapons:
    Personal Starship:
    4 special items (i.e. Datapad, Comlink):

New people are allways welcome to join at any time! I will control the boy.
  2. AngelicPadme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So basically this whole thing is about the boy- joining a side?
  3. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Heck, why not join another RPG?

Name: Karka Kre'yan
    Species: the Bothans
    Appearence: 5'0" 120 lbs; copper fur, brown eyes with black flecks, left leg is a prosthetic (realistic looking, but not real flesh)
    Background: Worked as a Bothan SpyNet operative for years, under the cover of a diplomat. After a botched mission in which he lost his left leg, he retired, and used his diplomatic cover as a basis for his new career. His way with words, and resourcefulness gained from being a spy won him the honor of diplomat to the Shi'ido.
    Two Weapons: two hold-out blasters concealed in the sleeves of his diplomatic robe.
    Personal Starship: the Kothlis's Child, a modified Corellian Corvette
    4 special items: Protocol/Espionage droid from his SpyNet days; extensive comlink; modified datapad; The Bothan medal equivalent to a purple heart (it's called "The People's Pride"
  4. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yes, it's all about a boy picking sides. It's a bit different, I know. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, everyone starts off with 10,000 Credits. As soon as we have at least two people from two different things, (Species, Profession, Faction, or Mentality), we can start.
  5. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Name: Hevor Manick
    Faction:GE
    Species:Human
    Mentality: Dark and Evil
    Profession: Sith
    Appearence no haird at all, black eyes a musculas body and a mysterious face.Height: 190 Cm, Weight: 80 Kg and marks: nothing.
    Background: Hevor was found by the jedi counsill and was trained as a jedi, but as many others he was lured by the dark side and became a sith under the roule of the GE, he "works" as an diplomat for GE for his astounding skills in making deals with other species.
    Two Weapons: A hand blaster and a dualbladed lightsabre.
    Personal Starship: The Undertaker, a own designed fighter.
    4 special items: One Force crystal, Comlink, Datapad and a holotransmitter.

well .. lets get started ey?
  6. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Do we need to choose species, faction, mentality, and profession or just one?
  7. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You only choose one. Feel free to chose a species, but if you do not wish to represent that species, post that. You cannot choose any of the others combined. For example, you could be:
    Species (not representing): Ewok
    Profession: Starfighter Pilot
    or you could be:
    Species (representing): Trandoshan
    or:
    Species (not representing): Gungan
    Faction: New Republic
    but you can NOT be:
    Faction: Empire
    Profession: Bounty Hunter
    or anything along those lines. Get it? The_Dark_Overlord, you need to pick only one of those, ok?
  8. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Allrighty... when are we gonna start?
  9. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Name: Hevor Manick
    Faction:N/A
    Species:N/A
    Mentality: Dark and Evil
    Profession: Sith
    Appearence no haird at all, black eyes a musculas body and a mysterious face.Height: 190 Cm, Weight: 80 Kg and marks: nothing.
    Background: N/A
    Two Weapons: A hand blaster and a dualbladed lightsabre.
    Personal Starship: The Undertaker, a own designed fighter.
    4 special items: One Force crystal, Comlink, Datapad and a holotransmitter.
  10. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As soon as we get two more people join, we can start. The_Dark_Overlord, you still need to pick either a mentality, or a profession. You can't represent both.
  11. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
  12. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We might not get 2 people soon. We should start now and other people can join as they may.
  13. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well... I suppose we will start now. More people can allways join!
    IC: The Shi-ido waits in a Cantina on Correlia. He drums his fingers on a counter-top, and the bartender slides him a cup of some foamy golden liquid. He takes a sip, then glances out toward the crowd, looking for the ambassadors.
  14. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OCC. gah .. well a Sith then . but I dont get what the difference between a Sith and Dark and Evil is . well well..

IC:

Hevor walked up behind The Shi-ido and spoke.
    "I welcome you, young Shi-ido."
    He nodded at the bartender and was givven a glass with some liquid fluid inside.
    "What as your dream for the future?"
  15. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The Bothan walked in, sliding in next to the Shi'ido and the other ambassador. "Yes, friend. What are your plans?"
  16. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The shi'ido looks at the newcomers. "Hello. I assume you are the ambassadors. What might your names be? I am Nara Chee. As for plans, I have none. That is why I requested ambassadors to come."
  17. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "I am Karka Kre'yan, representing the Bothan worlds of Bothawui and Kothlis. No plans, you say? Well, that's what I'm here for. The Bothan society could use you, and I'm sure you could use friends like the Bothans. I certainly hope you'll consider joining our fair cause in an otherwise corrupt galaxy."
  18. Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling

star 3
    OOC This looks interesting

Name: Saru Lexan
    Faction/Species/etc.: Jedi master

Saru is a Jedi master who trained with Mace Windu, but not that powerful. His specialties include Force absord and telekinesis. No Jedi mind tricks, though he can counter the Sith mind tricks with the Lightsides influence.

As he walked in, he saw a Bothan, and another. He was so alarmed at the presence of a Sith that he almost drew his lightsaber then and there, but, for the sake of the young Shi'ido, he calmed himself and sat. He had sensed a presence from landing, but had not expectwd it to be a Sith. "Oh well," he tought, "this just makes my job that much more interesting."
  19. Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling

star 3
    He turned to the young Shi'ido. "No plans is a liberating prospect, am I correct?" he knew the answer of course. He could remember when he had no plans. Ahh, those were the days. He ralised that if he were to convince this, this... child, that he would be taking that prosprct from him. He had to make that seem not so bad. " I can remember when I was your age," he lead, not realising how corny it sounded until he had said it. He started again. "Do you trust me?"
  20. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "I greet you, Karka Kre'yan." He turns to the newcomer. "I have no reason to trust or distrust you yet, stranger. May I ask your name? I am Nara Chee."
  21. Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "I am Saru Lexan, a Jedi master," he explained, in the most patient voice that he could manage. He knew that patience would be the key to this exercise. Without patience, this would all be futile. " I have come to show to you the Lightside of the Force, as well as how to guard you against the evils of the darkside." he added, as he threw an unwavering glance in the direction of the Sith. He turned his attention back to the young Shi'ido."Tell me ALL about yourself." he said as he eased back into his chair, noticing the others in the room visibly grimace at such a blunt invitation to a potentially long and boring life story from the Shi'ido. Yes, patience would be the key.
  22. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "I greet you, Jedi." He turns to the Sith. "I still do not know your name, stranger. I will not tell my story until I know the names of all who are here."
  23. Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling

star 3
    "Yes, tell young Nara your name, Sith." said Saru, more to support Nara Chee than anything else. He knew that there may have been a Sith here, and that is why he had been chosen. Among his strengths was an inate ability to cause a surge in the light side of the Force, causing followers of the Dark side to become temporarily "blind." that is the trick that had caused the others of his order to choose him to come here. He also knew that he had nothing to fear from the sith. Even with his double-bladed lightsaber, the Sith would be cut down like so many ch'ala trees without his force powers. So, he let himself be a little cocky as he noticed the Sith visibly squirm. Once again, patience would prove to be the key.
  24. Daemon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The Bothan glanced between the two force-users. His expression was surprised, but not nervous. At least not that anyone could tell. His years as a spy had given him complete control over his expressions. Well, he thought. This might be harder then I had thought
  25. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "well.. young one.. my name is Hevor Manick..."

"thy should join me, and the sith order.
    why? you might ask.. well , at this time, the galaxy is rouled by The Republic, whom is suported by the Jedi Counsill, a bryocratoc and slow so called democraty (sorry for the spelling). that it is instead a few hundred men and women from different species that roule over millions and millions of people for their own benefit.
    But we, the sith, we will select a supreeme power , one man or woman that will roule the galaxy, not for his or her own benefit, for every once benefit.
    WE will bring order and peace to the galaxy, diciplin. Not the anarchistic was of law that are conducted now. Only a few hundred is benefited in the rouling now.
    We will bring benefit for thousand, millions"

The sith looked at the jedi and gripped of his dual-lightsabre.
    A Jedi is no match, these.. dumb force users.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.