main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Battle for a Mind

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Skippy_The_Crazy_GM, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yub_Yub

Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    Thr Jedi master met the Sith's gaze unflinchingly. "Unfortunately, what Master Sith here had neglected to tell you is that by establishing the Jedi council, we give everone the chance to have a say and to use their power, not just to have one person dictate what happens in the lives of all." he sighed. "I also have a question for you, Master Manick," he baegan,"how, exactly, does having hundreds decide what desicions to make, like in the Council, qualify as anarchy? Or Even better yet, what benefit is there of only having one person making the decisions instead of many having their say?" He noticed the Sith's gaze falter, but the eyes did not move. He could sense the pure hatred in the Sith's thoughts. He thought about using his little trick now, but decided agains it. He didn't know if Nara Chee would approve of such a tactic, and he wanted to stay on the Shi'ido's good side. He tried to read what Nara was thinking, but the young Shi'iod was far to quick for his rudimentary probe. He would might have to make a decent attempt at communicating in that manner later, but not now. He gazed at the Sith again, almost daring him to draw his Saber, but the Sith just stared coldly back at him, contemplating answers to the questions he'd posed.

2. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bothan gave an exaggerated sigh. "My young friend, neither the Jedi nor the Sith are to be trusted. So much power in such obviously irresponsible vessels is not the type for you, my Shi'ido friend. You have power much greater then theirs, and their jealousy will keep you from any true power in their organization. Join us on Bothawui, friend. We won't require mystical powers for your respect. We'll respect you just the way you are. I can see you have great power, you can be a person of prestige on Bothawui. Join us friend!"

3. MadameBastet

MadameBastet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    OOC: Hey, this does look interesting. However, since I am not fancy with words, I'll play the spacer listening in on the conversation from a nearby table. :)

In other words, I'll read this thread, but this will likely be my only post.

4. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    "Oh you sneaky Bothan, you," he said, chuckling, "all our young friend has to do is to penetrate our minds, to see which of us is indeed being truthful. I'm sure you and Master Sith here wouldn't object to that, now would you?" knowing full well that if oneof them declined, it would immediately sow distrust in the mind of the young Shi'ido. He had to make sure that he was the only one telling the whole truth. He was pretty sure the others were sugar-coating it, but since Nara could tell wether he was probing their minds, he didn't want to risk it. Just as he was about to say another well developed Jedi nugget of wisdom, another man stepped in to the room.
    OOC Sorry, I didn't feel like doudle posting, so here is my new character.
    IC
    Name:Miran Seldaq
    Yea: Empire
    Bio: A smoth talking General, Miran has talked his way out of Rebel death marks before. He is depending on his words and his smile to get the young Shi'ido to join them as a coordinator and strategist. He knows that he can outbid the others, and besides from the Sith, fears noone. He has abated fears even about the sith because of the ysalimir frame strapped to the back of the stormtrooper accompanying him. If he can pull this off, it is a promotion to at least Admiral for him.

5. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    "General... " The Sith nodded..
    "Young Shi'ido, here we have the biggest liar in the galaxy, this.. General has talked himselfe out of more dangerous placec than anyone.. and thats with lies".

The sith turned the boy so that he was facing him, and only him.

"Why are you here alone?, I can feel tha hatred and anger inside you.. you might not want to know it.. but it flows thruw your vains, join me, and we will bring order to the galaxy. That is my thruth, no more, no less. The bothan say you dont need the force, they dont need the force.
    You need the force to acomplishe anything in this galaxy, that is rouled by the Jedi and its Republic.
    I dont nessesary mean to destroy the Republic and the Jedi as in killing.. just.. changing them into a different.. better system."

"To anser you question Jedi, the Senate and the Counsill are old dusty out-of-date roulers. The galaxy is falling apart under your roule. why? your endless discussions and treties take to long.
    A singel exelent rouler would decide these thing within a seccond and change the galaxy to the better, he or she would bring order and diciplin to the galaxy".

The sith glared at the other three and specialy at the Jedi. His hand gripped even harder on his dual-lightsabre.

6. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    OOC: The Shi'ido isn't Force-sensitive, is it? I'm assuming not, otherwise I'll have to change what I'm about to say...

IC: Karka crowed. "The Sith has just administered his own defeat. If he is right, and you do need the Force to rule, then they will never accept you. The Republic iscorrupt, but the Jedi and Sith even more so. You cannot have an organization of automatons of some mystical power. If the Force is a gift, then only certain people of a society should have it. That is why the Bothans only accept our own kind when it comes to the Force. No matter your powers, you cannot adopt the Force. They will hate you because of it. If they appreciate you it is only because you are taking the blaster bolts meant for them. The Bothans are not automatons, come join us."

7. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    IC as Saru
    "How can you call the very organization that is protecting your people, and everyone else under it's protection, corrupt? The Sith order is undoudtedly so, but Nara can tell that. But the Bothans have a history of saying what they think can get them what they want. The Jedi, on the other hand, have a history of saying what is the truth, not relying on fancy words to get the jod done." Saru explained, glaring vibroblades at the sneaky Bothan.
    IC as Miran
    "You are all in the dark. If what the young Shi'ido wants is power, I alone can give him that. What, with the force users just training him to be like them, and with the Bothans, having a say only in a pitifully small area f the galaxy. No that is not power. If Nara Chee desires power, let him come to the Empire. With us, you can command fleets large enough to take the worlds of the Bothns out from under them, and then you caould rule them, or you could destroy the Sith and Jedi orders. With your existing power, and the resourced the Empire can give you, there will be no stopping you!" He exclaimed as he looked around the room. Only in the Jedi's face could he dicern any true feelings. The Sith and the Bothan glared at him hard enough to make him think about stepping back. He didn't let that thought cross his face, though. He just smiled an dropped into a arge chair with the ysalimir bearing stormtrooper stood rigidly behind him. This would be a good exercise of his oratorial skills indeed.

8. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bothan gestured to his leg. "See this?" He rapped on it, producing a hollow sound. "Where were the Jedi when this happened? I saved hundreds of people when I lost this leg. We can live without the Jedi. I don't believe you can show a single scar you've taken in defense of the people of the Republic." He turned to the Shi'ido. "Join those who are willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of their peers." He turned back to the Jedi. "The Jedi warp the truth just as much as the Bothans do. They support whatever they choose to accept. Everyone does that."

9. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    "You have not seen this then, my self-righteous Bothan friend." he said as he raised his tunic to reveal a scar that ran from his right shoulder to his left hip. "That should have cut me in half, but I was able to deflect enough of it to live. Isaved countless people when I terminated the Sith that did this to me." he growled at the Bothan. "So o not tell me the sob stories of Bothan martyrs, but instead tell me how you intent to win over the young Shi'ido with such .. hollow proof." He smiled at his play onm the Bothan's own words. They had no idea.

10. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    "Dont listen to their nonsens! The Sith order is rouled by those who have the greatest power. Yes, we would envie your powers, but we would also obay whatever you decide. And for the Empire, it would be nothing without Emperor Palpatine! One of the greatest Sith´s in history..You could roule the Empire, its fleets and men, but as a sith. You could be givven the ultimate power of all. The Force and millions of men.
    Becuase I can assure you, the officers and commanders in The Empire would not stand a chance against the Power of a sith and you could with ease take command of GE... so dont listen to that puny Empire Officer.. he has no powers behind his words".

The Sith stared at Miran Seldaq with slaughter in the eyes.

11. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    Karka smiled. "You are only half right, my friend. They are martyrs, but what I speak is hardly a sob story. A sad thing, but not something we lament over. Our people are all willing to sacrifice their lives for our people, but we do not have to. The Shi'ido would not like the life of a Jedi. Everyone risks their own lives for someone elses benefit. It isn't that that isn't bad, it's just everyone is required to do so. On Bothawui, he can relax when he wants to, and help out when we ask him to. It's that simple."

12. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    IC as Saru
    "it is NEVER that simple, Master Karka. You make it seem like all he has to do is help at his leisure, adn than go back to lounging. Is that any way to cultivate and develop his powers? NO! Among the martyrs are countless Jedi, along with your Bothan people. The Jedi risk their lives not because we have to, but because we WANT to, for the greater good of the galaxy. I know how corny it sounds, but it is what all Jedi believe. And as for the Sith, pay no attention to him. He is just mad that he ahs had his power taken by that ysalimir."
    IC as Miran
    As he matched the Sith gaze vibroblade for vibroblade, he smirked. He had not known that a Jedi would be here. Now he had double assurance that the sith couldn't harm him. His simple reply to the Sith's comment was," Yes, but I can give him LEGITIMATE rule of the empire." he said and smiled at the sith with so much polite sugar that he thought the sith would have to leave the room. He feared nothing in this room.

13. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    "You are right. I should not make it sound so simple. He would have his responsibilities, but the ethic of the Bothan people will make it so he can lounge when he is not needed. I have a question for you. If the Jedi help because they want to, then why is it that they are taken as toddlers from their parents and not allowed any family? It sounds more like brainwashing then volunteering to me!" The Bothan's expression was becoming more angry as he bickered with the Jedi.

14. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM

Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    OOC: This is set post-Yuuzhan Vong. Forgot to mention.
    IC:Nara smiles at Karka. "You are most eloquent friend. We have gotten off to a good start." He turns to Saru and Miran, and smiles and nods. He turns to Hevor, and a small frown crosses his face for a split second. "How do you know that the one who ruled would not rule for himself, Sith?"

15. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    "You are right, but, like in Bothan culture, those who show talent are also started young. It is hardly brainwashing, although, what you call teaching in your Bothan political system could pass.But, enough about Bothan ... politics, if that is what you want to cal;l them. The Jedi do not seek a leader, but an ally, someone in whom they can trust. The rest of these people are serching for power, and nothing but." As an afterthought, he smiled at the Bothan, whose expression had become more and more sour as their debate continued.

16. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    "If the strongest of all only roules for himself and no other, all the others will crush him, he might be the strongest, but to gether all the sith´s will be stronger than him... and then a new rouler will be "elected".

17. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    "Well as long as we're talking about allies-" The Bothan looked up. The Sith was still talking to the Shi'ido. His voice dropped to a whisper and he leaned toward the Jedi. "This bickering is pointless. I respect you and you respect me. It doesn't matter how much we fight, the Shi'ido will choose who he chooses. But I'm sure neither you nor I want him to choose the Sith. I suggest we make sure the Sith is... not available for the choosing. Can I find an ally in you?"

18. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    IC as Miran
    "Yes, choose the Sith and doom the galaxy. The Sith stand for all that is evil and wrong. Look what the self-proclaimed "greatest Sith Master" the Emperor did. Her destroyed Alderaan! Re those the poeple you wish to ally with? Think it through. They can promise you moons, stars, and worlds, but none of it legitimately. You will have to take all of them. Ally with me, and your future is secure."
    IC as Saru
    Saru looked at the Bothan and nodded slightly. "If this Imperial Fellow leaves, I can create a surge in the Lightside, leaving him temporarily blinded from the Force. Or we could take advantage of the ysalimir present, which seems to be the easier and more efficient of the two roads" he whispered as the Shi'ido conversed with the Sith.
    OOC I thought that the Shi'ido WAS Force-sensitive and very powerful to boot. I thought that was why we were all here, to get hum and his powers to join our side. Tell me if I'm wrong.

19. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bothan shrugged. "Maybe we'd best wait until the Shi'ido has left, to avoid showing him the rivalry among us. He knows its there, but we don't want him to know he's powerful enough for us to kill our competitors for. We can ambush the Sith when the Shi'ido is gone and when he is unsuspecting."

20. Skippy_The_Crazy_GM

Skippy_The_Crazy_GM Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    OOC:He IS force-sensitive. It's not just his force power that you want him for, though, it's also his shape-shifting ability, his genius... He's "perfect".
    Nara stares at the Sith. "And just how many Sith are there? Would the combined strength be truly great enough?" He turns to the Imperial. "I could rule over stars? Truly?" A light shines in his eye. He turns to the Bothan. "I would like to know, friend, what do the Bothans actually do well?"

21. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    OOC: Perfect? Dang... well, ignore my babbling about him not being force-sensitive.

IC: The Bothan looked up quickly. "Uh... oh, yes. Do well? We do many things well. It was a Bothan general and Bothan ships that helped defeat the Yuuzhan-Vong, Bothans have been in the government for years, Borsk Fey'lya was even Chief of State! We're the best spies in the galaxy, Basic is based off of original Bothese... need I continue?"

22. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    IC as Miran
    "Ignore this furballs chatter, young one. Bothans are good as rolling over then crying about it. Yes, you can rule the stars, and give the galaxy the leadership that the Emperor himself could not deliver. You will be loved, not hated, and respected not feared, as all but this Jedi would have you. Even he cannot give you the kind of power that I can offer. You can bring the Empire back, stronger and more glorious than even the Emperor himself could have imagined!" he exclaimed, partly to excite the young Shi'ido, and partly yo drown out the others grumblings.
    IC as Saru
    Shaking his head at killing the Sith, there had to be a way to neutralize him without killing him. The Imperial fellow was talking again, about power and...that was it. That ysalimir. He and the Bothan just had to find a way...
    Tag: Deamon

23. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    Karka read expressions easily. "The ysalamir? Sure, but how do we get it?"

24. Yub_Yub

Nov 18, 2002
    "we must get the stormtrooper alone, not the Sith. The double advantage is that the Shi'ido can't sense what were up to. it very un Jedi like, for sure, but the thought of that power behind the Sith frightens me."

25. Daemon

Oct 8, 2002
    "You Jedi and your ethics..." The Bothan grinned. "No, really, I admire that. I'll take care of the violence, and keep you relatively clean. But how are we going to get the stormtrooper alone?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.