main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Battlestar Galactica appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    you guy seen that simpsons takeoff, knight boat?

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, Knight Boat, that was so cool! I wish they would really do that. Or how about Knight Scooter? Knight Mini?

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I still have my picture, it's at home though.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    ACERIMMERROCKS:
    > I fell so deprived being young not Know what this KITT car thing is.

I tell you, this young generation is missing out on all the good stuff - great entertaining TV shows, computer games that were actually playable (and not all 3D Doom clones), the ability to actually BUY Star Wars figures in toy shops, ...

I feel very sorry for them. ;)

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    [sympathetic] awwwwwwwww [/sympathetic]

no really, its a shame, TV is pretty shocking nowadays, with the exception of X files and Buffy.

I have a photo with KITT too! Its around here somewhere.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    *sniff* I wish I had a photo with KITT.
    Still, with Photoshop anything is possible, so I may have to manufacture one someday.

I agree that computer games were better back in the days. Do you guys remember Space Quest? Those games were so funny.

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Captain Comic, I liked the Apogee games, they were cool.
    I don't play games anymore.

8. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    thats what they all say, but we know the truth. I liked Xenon 2 Megablast, and Ikari warriors.

9. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    hard hat mack (on the old apple II c, or the C64), kings quest and space quest both rocked too

10. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Wolfenstein - Classic

11. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Hyper Dimensions on the SNES.

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I loved all the old Apogee games. I remember I loved Commander Keen. I must have played and finished every Commander Keen game 5 times+.

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Commander Keen was great, I could do all the levels except one which I can't remember now. Grrr

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    YES!! :D

Hard Hat Mack and the original Castle Wolfenstein - two GREAT games!!

Thankfully I can still play Hard Hat Mack (C64) and others under emulation.

Other good games: Bubble Bobble, Buggy Boy, Dino Eggs, Paradroid, the SSI RPG games, Up 'n' Down, Gods, Pushover, Wings, ...

And Spy Hunter, which I see it's coming back, but again it's been "corrupted" into 3D. :(

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    the emulator for the c64 is sooo sweet...i almost cried when i saw that little blue screen for the first time in a decade......and the games are so small, i have like a hundred, and there are thousands out there, i never had an idea that the c64 wa so popular!

16. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Wolfenstein has been re-released with flashy new 3D graphics! I have'nt played it but saw some screen shots a few months back.

17. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    nothing could be as good as ghost n goblins

18. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Wing Commander, Tie fighter, X-Wing :D :D :D

19. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    ah, the original X-wing. I was a general, and had lots of medals. that was fun, but it was so easy to get captured by the empire!

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I never played the original X-wing sadly enough. But I'm currently playing X-wing Alliance to make up for it. I was a big Tie Fighter player. I loved the story in that game . . . really got you hooked in, wondering what was going to happen next.

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I've got X-Wing and TIE fighter, but haven't played them yet. I've just got some more RAM and VRAM, so maybe I'll install them (although I really need a bigger hard disk too). And I might finally get to play Racer.

> and the games are so small, i have like a hundred, and there are thousands out there,
    > i never had an idea that the c64 wa so popular!

The C64 is a little like the VW of the computer world - they just kept making them for YEARS. :)

It also came in about three different versions, including an "luggable" with a colour 3" (or was it 5") screen.

I've got nearly 23meg worth of C64 games. Although quite a bit of that is BAD shareware software that I've yet to weed out.

> nothing could be as good as ghost n goblins

Yep, another goodie, although I was extremely hopeless at it and could only make it part way through level 1. :(

> Wolfenstein has been re-released with flashy new 3D graphics!

You don't mean the rather bad Doom clone released quite some time ago (years)?? ?[face_plain]

22. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    we got our c64 back in 84 i think, upgraded it a couple of times, new (colour!) screen, keyboard, dozens of joysticks before it finally was put away sometime in the early 90s.... my only prob with th emulator is that i can't remember all the games i used to play on the original, and there are so many games to search through, hell they were still making games as late as 94....

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    we got an atari st. som much fun...hell, im gonna plug it in now and play shoot em ups all weekend!

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I started off with the VIC20 & tape drive (which I've also got an emulator for), upgraded that with a memory cartridge, then got a C64 & tape drive, upgraded that with a 5 1/4" disk drive. Then my brother bought an Amiga 500 which he upgraded with various bits over a few years. The screens dead now, but the rest is still in the cupboard.

There's supposedly a new C64/128 "coming soon". I think it's basically a Windows PC with a built-in C64/128 emulator. Slightly more info at Commodore 2000.

I've recently got an AtariST emulator too (and the Amiga one I've had for a while), although I never actually had or used any Atari. I've got got a couple of games for it at the moment - New Zealand Story is the only one I can remember.

25. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    emulators are great, just wih i had a proper jostick to go with them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.