main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    you're a fair man, wang.
    and for being so fair, we'll go ahead and give you the "kelly klarkson at the beach" award.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/eethit/kcflatso.jpg]

2. Shadow_of_Duurron

Shadow_of_Duurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Oh, yummy! [face_alien_1]

3. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    Bespin Conference

Game 1
    Ken's Huckleberries vs. Team Sidious (2-1)

Aayla Secura vs. Tremayne(forefit)

winner: the blue hottie

Game2 Jiim's MOunties vs. Black Dogs (2-1)

Darth Traya vs. Githany

winner: the old-crochity

Hoth Conference

Game1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (2-1)

Yoda vs. Kyle Katarn

winner: the little greenie meanie

Game 2
    Mekot's Murauders vs. Random Mass (3-0)

Plo Koon (forefit) vs. Qui-gon Jinn

winner: the dude

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    At the same time, Mace's last encounter with a Sith Lord didn't end too well for him ;)

And I agree with all of Axle's judgements.

5. Shadow_of_Duurron

Feb 25, 2005
    So by that logic, Mace would be pushed to limit by Bandon? I mean, Bandon is a Sith Lord, and Mace's only encounter with one (who just so happens to be the greatest known Sith of all time) didn't end so well, right? ;) Come on now.

6. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

ALL-RIGHT!
    lettuce get some action cracklin' back in heaaah!
    next number: 3

Bespin Conference

Game 1
    Ken's Huckleberries vs. Team Sidious (3-1)

Jaina Solo vs. Darth Maul

Game2
    Jiim's MOunties vs. Black Dogs (3-1)

Darth Nhilist vs. Deepa Belboa (forefit)

Hoth Conference

Game1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (3-1)

Kavar vs. Mara Jade

Game 2
    Mekot's Murauders vs. Random Mass (3-1)

Sasee Tiin + Plo Koon (via trump[i know i got it backwards]) vs. Luminara UNduli

FIGHT!!!

7. Shadow_of_Duurron

Feb 25, 2005
    Fairly close, I'd say. But I think Mara is just a little better overall. A lot more known experience, anyways.

Although, in KotOR II, Vrook makes a comment about how Kavar was, in his opinion, too quick to action during the Mandolorian wars, and had actually participated in some battles. Obviously he wasn't crazy pro-active enough to be counted among Revan's group who straight up declared war, but neither can he be counted among the rest of the uber-timid Jedi. I used to have that quote written down somewhere for just such an occasion, but I can't seem to find it now.

But here's another one that I had memorized from Zez-Kai Ell in regards to Kavar: "He was always the greatest tactician among us, and he had seen more war than the rest of us."

So he at least has a good amount of combat experience under his belt in addition to his skill, but anyhoo, as I said, Mara's a tad better, IMO. Hmmmm, I forget who else Inty has for the last match. Gotta look it up.

EDIT: Oh goodie. Anakin > Corran.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. Mara should take this

And I'm also of the opinion that Luminara should bust that trump

But maybe that's just me

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Maul
    Nihilus

Ok, now Kavar v Mara. This is a toughie. On the one hand Kavar was one of the best in his day. Mara's a great hand and though opinions very great Jedi Master. However I seem to remember the Mandalorian, one of the most feared groups or warrior respected Kavar as a warrior. Mara's been in a couple near death situations. She certainly held her own again Yomin Carr, those Killiks etc.
    But, as far as locking blades against another Jedi, I am torn. I believe it could go either way, but because he was known mostly as a warrior and a great one at that, my vote goes to Kavar. It did take someone as powerful as the exile with traya's manipulation to kill him. Mara's good. But not that powerful.

Winner: Kavar

And Luminara busting Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon. The movies gave these two a bad reputation. So first let me point out luminara was shot point blank by her clones. So she's not much better then sliced tiin and bbq koon if you want to compare it that way. Saesee and Plo participated in the Yinchorri threat, survived Geonosis, and The Rendilli crisis. They are good friends and work well together. Their also fierce warriors and great tacticians. The trump busts Luminara.

Winner: Trump

10. Shadow_of_Duurron

Feb 25, 2005
    Pleasant surprise. I'll take it without a complaint. ;) It is pretty close, as I said.

11. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow I am suprised Jaina didn't win that match, with some of the logic used around here Maul should have lost because he once lost to a Jedi. :rolleyes:

Seriously guys please try reading up on some of these characters before you post judgements. Vos has done next to nothing, while Tremayne and Jerec individualy have both fought and defeated countless Jedi that are more powerful than the Kiffar, they also have far more quality experience and knowledge of the force than that whelp. These guys were trained by Sidious and Vader to kill off all Jedi that survived the purge (and they did so with much sucsess for many years), what makes you think Vos would even present a threat to them?

PS about what Shadow said about Bane, I agree. He is not a top ranked pick, yet, maybe with some more infor from his upcoming novel he will be, but until then he is IMO a little less of a threat than Qui Gon Jinn which places him as a solid 3rd round pick. Windu slices him and its not even close, hell even after Banes novel is released I still doubt he would pose a treat to Windu.

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I know vos. And I stand by my judgement. He survived order 66. So Jerec and Tremayne seemed to have failed on that account. At the same time, Vos has fought against several of Dooku's dark jedi,dathomir witches, took on faie and his clones while dealing with near fatal wounds, took out Volfe Karko and Tsyr.

Seriously. I stand by that judgement.

Obi-Wan has always been a powerful jedi knight. And he won by shear luck and maul's overconfidence. Jaina, well Jaina is the sword of the jedi and all, but she's just not up there with Obi-Wan. And I don't think even with solo luck, she'd be able to defeat maul. He'd overwhelm her. She's fought dark jedi. Not sith.

13. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Seriously guys please try reading up on some of these characters before you post judgements. Vos has done next to nothing, while Tremayne and Jerec individualy have both fought and defeated countless Jedi that are more powerful than the Kiffar, they also have far more quality experience and knowledge of the force than that whelp. These guys were trained by Sidious and Vader to kill off all Jedi that survived the purge (and they did so with much sucsess for many years), what makes you think Vos would even present a threat to them?

This is where I show up and ask whether you'd like to be Kenobied or not.

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I'd like you to do it. Let's give vos the respect he deserves.;)

15. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Oh, I'd like to see it as well. I mean, you think Quin is this powerhouse now, but you've never really explained why. And before you say, "Go read the Republic comics and get back to me", or something along those lines, I already have. All of them save for a couple of tough-to-find issues that don't feature Quin anyway. His stock has gone up a healthy amount, IMO, but not nearly to the degree you two fanboys seem to think. ;) :p

I still maintain that he looks like he would smell extremely funky were one to meet him in person. And for all this hype from so many people about how cool and complex of a character he is, after reading all his stories... meh. He's not all that.

16. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    I'd say Quin is a solid late fourth round or fifth round, and a steal in the sixth round(especially if you're building a PT team)

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Bring it. I am confident that Tremayne v Vos would be a decent match, but with Jerec (someone who was a Jedi Master even before he was turned to the Dark Side) in the mix to throw a lot of power around from the backfield the trump becomes more than Vos could handle. After all both members of the trump are skilled and highly trained Inquisitors (Tremayne was High Inquisitor of the order) and their sole purpose was to hunt and kill Jedi.

Tremaynes most notable feat...

"Darth Vader faced the prisoners in personal combat and only four survived, including Tremayne, who defeated Vader by pushing a button on the Dark Lord's chest panel, temporarily cutting off the cybernetic Sith's airflow."

He did this while he was still a young and partially trained Jedi. [face_plain]

After which Vader personally took on his training and soon became High Inquisitor. He answered only to the Grand Inquisitor, Vader, and Sidious, all others were below him. High Inquisitor Tremayne was considered the best Inquisitor that the Empire ever had, and his career was said to be remarkable.

Not like any of this really matters but the point stands that Vos has less than 1/2 the combined experience, skill, and knowledge of this trump.

18. DarthCobain

DarthCobain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Maybe the opinions of a Dark Lord of the sith will change your attitude. You see, Despised, The Mighty Quin (as they say in these "drafts") is what you'd call; no slouch. He's survived his share of calamaties and come out the better man. He's tried both sides of the force and strode away from the darkness as nobody's bitch. Then he went on to be re-accepted by the jedi council and returned to the status of master.

Re-gaining the trust of the council may not necessarily make you a better fighter in the draft, but it will make you a better man.

He got blasted by one of those Juggernauts on Kashyyyk and survived it. Then went on to survive the planet itself. The mighty Quin has also known the love of a good woman which may just be enough to solidify his case. (no pun intended) And he's slain many of the popular 4th or 5th rounders in his actual achievements. All we're saying here is this: Quinlan Vos, by merit of achievement, should be considered on par with, or possibly even better than draft picks like Ki-Adi Mundi or Qui-gon Jinn. Or at least, that's all i'm saying.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I dunno. In dueling with Mace he did pretty well. I'd rank him under Mace in saber skills. And on par with Ki-Adi and Qui-Gon with mastery of the force.

I remember hating the character of vos until I read darkness. Then I read up on him.

EARLY CAREER:

-Quinlan fought beside Tholme during the Hyperspace war
    -While still a padawan he saved baby Aayla from a raging wampa and detected she was strong in the force.
    -Had his share of romances with jedi and with Khaleen.
    -After losing his memory, he managed to use his instincts and used the force to save himself from a burning building, bounty hunters and other Nar Shaddaa criminals.
    -He managed to survive many of Villie's betrayals.
    -Using his ability to read objects he was able to locate Aayla.
    -He dealt with Bib Fortuna and killed Pol Secura with some powerful force lightning.
    -Fought Mace, but was calmed down by Mace.
    -Went to Dathomir and dealt with and killed a few Dathomiri Witches.
    -With the help of Villie, Tholme, Tra Saa and Zao, Quinlan traveled to his homeworld and
    after being cut off from Ville and the three masters dealt with Volfe Karkko, the anzati dark jedi. But
    not before dueling Aayla and turning her back to the light side.
    -Following Zao's example Quinlan traveled for a few years with Villie, letting himself be a leaf blown by the force.
    -After Tholme and Nat Secura had been kidnapped, seeked out by Aayla, he helped her rescue the two. He was wounded
    by Tsyr a Morgukai warrior. He then bought Aayla time to find Tholme and Nat while he, wounded, battled and defeated Tsyr.
    -He was then promoted to Jedi Master for his actions

CLONE WARS
    -Prior to the Clone Wars, under the codename Korto Vos, he helped Tholme and the council set up spy networks in the Seperatist forces.
    -He willingly supported Tholme's plan to have an inside man in Dooku's circle. He went over to the dark side at his own peril.
    -While a Seperatist, He eluded and bested Agen Kolar in combat.
    -While still an agent, he rescued his Aunt and killed Kadrian Sey.
    -After being turned by Dooku he killed his Aunt in cold blood for the death of his parents.
    -He killed Senator Viento and Kh'aris Fenn and severely injured K'Kruhk.
    -Together with Obi-Wan he managed to defeat and escape Asajj Ventress and Skorr
    -He killed Skorr and Sora Bulq
    -After being badly wounded by Order 66, Quinlan managed to evade and kill the troops that turned on him and Commander Faie
    -While its still in debate, Quinlan around 10 years before Yavin, rescued a young Han from a swoop gang while on the run from bounty hunters. IF this story remains canon, which given his survival in republic is HIGHLY possible, Quinlan survived the purge for 10+ years.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Out of all that, the only thing that's really impressive is killing Sora Bulq. That, plus maybe the duel with Mace. A decent showing for him, but it's not as though Mace was going anywhere near all out. The Juggernaut blast thing seemed to me like sheer luck. His battles when he was wounded after that were very nice, though.

Killing senators? Wow. Karkko? Yeah, there was a real powerhouse. Tsyr? Whoopdie ****. And what do his romances have to do with anything? o_O

I'm not saying he doesn't kick a fair amount of ass, but he's not that great.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well put, minch. i couldn't have said any of that better myself. also considering that i didn't know a bunch of that either. i did read darkness though, that was my first exposure to quin and i was impressed.
    um, hey guys, are the judgements up, or are things still hanging in the balance?

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh I still think he could get his rear handed to him by kenobi, vader etc. But not jerec or tremayne. In my mind they are the equivilant to Skorr and the other Acolytes Dooku had, And he's slaughtered 3 of them. The point about the Aunt and the Senator was to say how far to the darkside he's gone and back again. He's displayed some impressive dark side powers, which again make me believe he could take the trump.

EDIT: Axle:

Jaina
    Nihilus
    Kavar
    Trump

23. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Pfft! You're just saying that because he's on your team now, Maxle. [face_shame_on_you] :eek:

24. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    well, i'd be a liar-liar-pants-on-fire if i said that had nothing to do with it. but it certainly doesn't have everything to do with it. the previous notion is that quin is only good in the 5th or 6th round. i think that's crap, i just want him to get the respected position that he deserves. he should at least be a respected 3rd rounder, that's all i'm sayin'.

25. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Despised: Bring it.

Well, okay.

I am confident that Tremayne v Vos would be a decent match

Maybe if you like watching slices.

but with Jerec (someone who was a Jedi Master even before he was turned to the Dark Side) in the mix to throw a lot of power around from the backfield the trump becomes more than Vos could handle.

1.) Saying Jerec was "a Jedi Master even before he was turned to the Dark Side" doesn't mean much without details. And considering the details we do have, well...he was trained by Jocasta Nu, you know, and even his WotC article says he inherited some of her, how you say, less-than-combat-applicable traits.

2.) Jerec's power, riiight. Considering he was fully immersed in the Valley of the Jedi and still got owned by an untrained Kyle Katarn.

After all both members of the trump are skilled and highly trained Inquisitors (Tremayne was High Inquisitor of the order) and their sole purpose was to hunt and kill Jedi.

Tremaynes most notable feat...

"Darth Vader faced the prisoners in personal combat and only four survived, including Tremayne, who defeated Vader by pushing a button on the Dark Lord's chest panel, temporarily cutting off the cybernetic Sith's airflow."

He did this while he was still a young and partially trained Jedi.

Dude, Princess Leia got in a shot on Vader with a saber once. Mind you, that was young Princess Leia without the Force, before she knew she was Luke's brother, before even Luke knew Vader was his father, and before even the author knew either of those things would ever be revealed in a sequel to the Star Wars. Pressing a button on his chest panel? C'mon, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog has done that before. Add in the fact that Tremayne couldn't even take out Shelvay, and there's no way he's even slightly a match for Quinlan Vos.

After which Vader personally took on his training and soon became High Inquisitor. He answered only to the Grand Inquisitor, Vader, and Sidious, all others were below him.

You do realize there were like 50 other Dark Side organizations that served directly under Sidious too, right?

High Inquisitor Tremayne was considered the best Inquisitor that the Empire ever had, and his career was said to be remarkable.

Sources? Not that it matters much, considering even if that were true it has little bearing on his actual skills, seeing as there were folks like Declann, who was a freakin' Grand Admiral, who would have a really hard time getting picked in a Jedi Draft.

Not like any of this really matters but the point stands that Vos has less than 1/2 the combined experience, skill, and knowledge of this trump.

More like Vos has double what the trump has.

Cobain: The Mighty Quin (as they say in these "drafts")

[face_laugh] I love it! That's gotta be his new nickname...

But when Quin the Jedi hippie gets here,
    Everybody's gonna jump for joy!
    :D

Durron: And for all this hype from so many people about how cool and complex of a character he is, after reading all his stories... meh. He's not all that.

Dude, you'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quin. :cool: :p

Out of all that, the only thing that's really impressive is killing Sora Bulq. That, plus maybe the duel with Mace. A decent showing for him, but it's not as though Mace was going anywhere near all out. The Juggernaut blast thing seemed to me like sheer luck. His battles when he was wounded after that were very nice, though.

Killing senators? Wow. Karkko? Yeah, there was a real powerhouse. Tsyr? Whoopdie ****. And what do his romances have to do with anything?

I'm more about things like the Mother Energy Spider on Kessel, killing a rancor-ridin' Dathomiri witch and a Giant Wuffa on Dathomir, and that big mismash of the Anzati ambush, Zaga's cronies, and then an Anzanti Army during the Kiffex crisis. And Tsyr was with Bok as well, both of which weren't slackers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.