The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Bay City, MI' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't really see Jacen as a good leader, more of a loner.
  2. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    4 darkside teams with 12 GMs is fine. It's 5 you gotta watch out for. But then, some solid darkside talent was added to the board, so 4 may actually be too few. I guess we'll see.

Maybe 4 1/2 darkside teams would be best. Okay, who's got the guts to do the mixed team? :p
  3. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, that luuke thing was just a joke. i was waiting to see who'd notice that. i like to give plo koon a hard time, that crazy kel dor.
  4. Zonama_Mekot Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, that luuke thing was just a joke. i was waiting to see who'd notice that.

*Makes new plans for 2nd round pick*
  5. whiteeagle Force Ghost

star 6
    my apologies gents. the 'ol comp was down so I couldnt make my pick. but its fixed and i will now unleash my wrath. so anyways apologies again for holdin up the draft. good day to u.
  6. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    I have to agree on that. Jacen and leader do not mix. In fact his last leadership mission ticked off his squadmates.
    Sure he did the meld on Mrkyyr. And sure he studied with everyone around the galaxy for 8 years. But he is definately
    not a social person. Very much a loner and when it comes to leading, he seems very content to let others take the reins.
    It will be hard to convince me otherwise when you look at his leadership track record. Power I can understand, experience
    no not so much. He may have fought exar, a few dark jedi and vong, but he's never gone up against a darth vader, darth sidious etc.
    But we'll see.

On another note I looked at the list and saw Vandar missing. Any reason for that? Just not enough info? :confused:
  7. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, i actually have thought up a few jedi that i'd consider adding to the list. i know i said that i wasn't gonna add anybody else but i think it's probably a good idea. besides the round that they'd get picked in is still so far away that i'm sure it wouldn't change anybody's opinions. we can add vandar and several others now that i look at the list.

oh, and zomomma i'm considering that idea you submitted earlier, though i guess i still don't understand the exact perameters of it.

and as far as this jacen solo buissness goes, i don't think he really makes such a bad leader depending upon the team you can build up around him. so far i've done amazing things with him as the lead of my team in the snjd and i think he's deserving of good recognition. while i do believe he's probably more of a late first rounder than a middle rounder, he's an excellent choice and can beat a lot of contestants that are considered leaderboard franchise players.

hey, look at that, i've never made a line before. ain't that somethin'./>

8. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jacen works just dandy as a leader... but that's all I'm gonna say on that. ;) Don't want to help Inty out too much. :p

Vandar, eh? I guess you can add him, but we haven't seen much of anything out of him, and that's going get Mr. Ken God-Help-You-If-You-Assume-ANYTHING Kenobi all in a tizzy. Mr. Ken I-Would-Vote-Jacen's-Infant-Daughter-Over-Tulk-Hord-Because-At-Least-We've-Seen-Her-Squirm-Around-And-Cry Kenobi would not like that indeed. :p

He might make a pretty decent last pick, or something.

As for Zomomma's idea: Meh. I like teams the way they are. 2 points for a team battle? Bleh. Teams made up of an odd number of players? Bleh.

Shouldn't we see how the whole 8-per-team thing works out before we start getting really creative?
  9. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, it's like i said, i didn't really understand the system he was outlining in his description. now that it looks like that, i don't suppose i like it as much. but what i am curious about is how many GMs want to do the six-rounds of combat vs. the eight-rounds of combat. bench or no bench?
  10. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    For the record, I never said that Allana > Tulak Hord. :p

And I like the idea as it stands now, as well-- 8 player teams, 2 on the bench for the match, but they come out if it goes to teams. Should be interesting.
  11. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Is Vander the JEdi in Both KOTOR I and II, because if so he kicked my ass when I tried to take him out. However, I didn't have a lightsaber then. That forced me team with him to take out the Merchanaries. I hated him in both games and was happy when Kriea took him out with little to no effort
  12. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm all for keeping it like we originally planned it. The way you have it in the original post. 8 per team, 2 on the bench, and all 8 fight in teams. Too much experimenting at one time makes the baby Jesus cry.

EDIT: No, Talon. Vandar is the one that's the same species as Yoda we see in the first one. You're thinking of Vrook.
  13. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    So are Vander and Vrook like the Yoda and Mace of the Old Republic. And would Revan and the Exile be the Anakin and Obi-wan. And if we combine Carth and Atton we get Han Solo. And if we combine Hanaar and the other wookie we get Chewbacca...and Bastilla is Leia and Padme, while Kriea is the Emperor. That must mean T3 is R2 and if we take Hk and combine with Bo-Har (or what ever it is) we get LUKE. And Canderous is Jango Fett and Mandalore is Boba Fett

The entire Star Wars Saga now makes sense to me. Time to tackle Shakespeare
  14. Johnny_Solo_65 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the idea of having no benches. I know it would be a pain to judge all those matches and would probably take forever, but it would be really cool to see people like Yarael Poof and Xanatos fighting in the regular matches. But then again, maybe Yarael Poof would be better off as a team mascot...
  15. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, i'm more inclined for the 8 man 2 benchie style personally. that way if you're going up against a team that you know you can tackle, you can bring out your bench-warmers to humiliate them. then when you go to teams, the full force of your squad will be thusly represented. :-B
  16. Johnny_Solo_65 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm convinced. Humiliating people is fun.
  17. SaeseeJim Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that's agood way to put it be cause Revan and The Exile were basically the heroes of the Mandalorian Wars, whereas Obi-Wan and Anakin were heroes in the Clone Wars, except it was Revan(The leader) that turned to the dark side, whereas Anakin the Apprentice turned to the dark side.

18. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sweet I got my first choice, this is my first time with Revan on my team and I am rather interested to see how it plays out.
  19. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    I very nearly chose Revan with my selection. I only hope I don't grow to regret my choice.
  20. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, polarius has himself a little more than two hours to make his pick and if that doesn't happen, he'll get el bumperino. i am still quite surprised to see the way this draft has been unfolding, there have been many unique selections thus far. i like the character of our fellow GMs. now i'm rather certain, since it won't be until the passing of the duration when there's another draft in the swc, we'll have another one here after this one is done. it'll be proper championship-style and there will be a total of 18 GMs with two individual conferences and two seperate pools to draw from. i used to think that was too big for a fanforce, or maybe just too unnecessairy. however, since we can only draft in so many places, ff drafts are vastly superior to no drafts at all.

yeah, well anyway, here's a most up-to-date list:

round 1

1. Jedimaster-Plokoon - Luuke Skywalker
    2. saseejiim - Darth sidious
    3. KenKenobi - Ben Kenobi
    4. Shadow_of_Durron - Yoda
    5. Joda_Yaskewicz - Darth Vader
    6. Integral - Jacen Solo
    7. Despised1 - Darth Revan
    8. Zomomma - Exar Kun-stoppable
    9. Polarius - on that dern clock!
    10. Talon_Kenobi
    11. Johnny_Solo_65
    12 whiteeagle

the list

A'Sharad Hett
    Aayla Secura
    Adi Gallia
    Agen Kolar
    Ajunta Pall
    Aldaric Brandl
    Alema Rar
    Anakin Skywalker (separate from Vader)
    Anakin Solo
    Andur Sunrider
    Anoon Bondara
    Arca Jeth
    Asajj Ventress
    Atris
    Aurra Sing
    Bant
    Barriss Offee
    Bastila Shan
    Ben Skywalker
    Brakiss
    Bultar Swan
    Callista
    Cay Qel-Droma
    Cin Drallig
    Coleman Trebor
    Corran Horn
    Count Dooku
    Dace Diath
    Daeshara'cor
    Dark Woman
    Darovit
    Darth Bandon
    Darth Bane
    Darth Malak
    Darth Maul
    Darth Nihilus
    Darth Sion
    Darth Traya
    Depa Billaba
    Desann
    Duron Qel-Droma
    Echuu Shen-Jon
    Eeth Koth
    Empatojayos Brand
    Even Piell
    Exile (Textile)
    Fable Astin
    Ferus Olin
    Foul Moudama
    Freedon Nadd
    Ganner Rhysode
    Gethzerion
    Githany
    Hardin
    Hethrir
    Ikrit
    Jaden Korr
    Jaina Solo
    Jerec
    Jocasta Nu
    Jolee Bindo
    Joruus C'Baoth
    Juhani
    K'khruk
    Kam Solusar
    Kar Vastor
    Kavar
    Kenth Hamner
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Kiel Charny
    Kirana Ti
    Kit Fisto
    Komari Vosa
    Kueller
    Kyle Katarn
    Kyp Durron
    Leia Organa-Solo
    Lord Hoth
    Lord Nyax
    Lowbacca
    Luminara Unduli
    Lumiya
    Ludo Kressh
    Mace Windu
    Mara Jade-Skywalker
    Marka Ragnos
    Naga Sadow
    Neeja Halcyon
    Nomi Sunrider
    Odan Urr
    Oppo Rancisis
    Pablo Jill
    Plo Koon
    Qu Rahn
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Quinlan Vos
    Saba Sebatyne
    Saesee Tiin
    Scout
    Sedriss
    Shaak Ti
    Sharad Hett
    Siri Tachi
    Sora Bulq
    Stass Allie
    Streen
    Tahiri Viela
    Tamith Kai
    Tenel Ka
    Tavion
    Tesar Sebatyne
    Thome
    Thon
    Tott Donetta
    Tr?a Saa
    Tremayne
    Tulak Hord
    Tyvokka
    Ulic Qel-Droma
    Vergere
    Valenthyne Farfalla
    Vima Da-Boda
    Vima Sunrider
    Visas Marr
    Vodo-Siosk Bass
    Voolvif Monn
    Vrook
    Xanatos
    Whie
    Yaddle
    Yarael Poof
    Ylenic It'kla
    Zannah
    Zett Jukasa
    Zekk
    Zez-Kai Ell
  21. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    well, it's been 24 hours, time for the bump.

round 1

1. Jedimaster-Plokoon - Luuke Skywalker
    2. saseejiim - Darth sidious
    3. KenKenobi - Ben Kenobi
    4. Shadow_of_Durron - Yoda
    5. Joda_Yaskewicz - Darth Vader
    6. Integral - Jacen Solo
    7. Despised1 - Darth Revan
    8. Zomomma - Exar Kun-stoppable
    9. Talon_Kenobi - on the clock
    10. Johnny_solo_65
    11. Whiteeagle
    12. Polarius
  22. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I am going to have to with the Choosen One, The Hero With No Fear, one Half of the Team, the one, the only, ANAKIN SKYWALKER
  23. Johnny_Solo_65 Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Whoa, sweet. Keep...it...moving... :D
  25. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [image=http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Windu-2.jpg]

:eek: Sweet ****!!! We're all screwed! He's taken the Unstoppable Jedi Demon! He's made of pure energy! HE WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.