main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    oh, okay, now i get it.
    thanks, wang.

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Don't know if you all have already seen it, don't know if any of you even care, but just in case, I have here the Clerks II trailer. :D That first part had me laughing my ass off. I did, however, manage to reattach my ass. Please, don't panic.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    if you need any agreeing on judgements, i agree on all of em so let's move on.

4. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    moving on then.

number 5

Bespin Conference

Game 1
    Ken's Berries vs. Eagle's Dudes (1-0)

Obi wan Kenobi vs. Kyp DUrron

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (0-1)

Acre Jeth vs. Lord Nyax

Hoth Conference

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (1-0)

Anakin Solo vs. Visas Marr

Game 2
    Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" vs. Mekots Murauders (1-0)

Kyle Katarn vs. Malak

FIGHT!!!

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I know nothing about Acre Jeth and only a little more on Lord Nyax, so judge away. [face_worried]

6. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    Game 2

Should be 0-1 cause Kun won the first match for me, no?

7. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Game 1
    Ken's Berries vs. Eagle's Dudes (1-0)

Obi wan Kenobi vs. Kyp Durron

Ken? Kenobied.

Winner: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (0-1)

Acre Jeth vs. Lord Nyax

This one comes down to the fact that Nyax, while having beastly power, has no semblance of control except when near a force nexus. Never been that impressed with Arca...but enough to give him this match.

Winner: Forty Acres and a Mule

Hoth Conference

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (1-0)

Anakin Solo vs. Visas Marr

"Kiss Exile for me."

Winner: Anakin Solo

Game 2

Kyle Katarn vs. Malak

Don't kill me for this, but here's how I see it. Malak liked to cheat. He won't get to in this match. Kyle Katarn has a ridiculous amount of battle experience, and I think he's much handier with the blade than Malak. Malak does win on power, but by how much? He lost to a big name, Revan, and we don't know exactly how he owned Bastila(who sucks anyway). But Kyle beat Desaan at the Valley of the Jedi, and frankly that's much more impressive than taking it to sucky Bastila. Kyle would take intangibles as being far more versatile than Malak, and not with crutches either. Experience in a close one, skill and intangibles, I'm giving Kyle the win closely.

Winner: Random Jedi General in DN

8. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i'll have to agree with the good taiwo on these marks he's given here. oh, and you were right, zomomma. that other point should've been yours. i'll fix that up for you presently.

now serving number 6

Bespin Conference

Game 1
    Ken's Berries vs. Eagle's Dudes (2-0)

Jaina Solo vs. Lord Hoth + Kiel Cheiarny (via trump)

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (1-1)

Master Thon vs. Darth Sidious

Hoth Conference

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (2-0)

Shaak Ti vs. Tater Tott Doneeta + Cay Qel Droma (via trump)

Game 2
    Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" vs. Mekots Murauders (1-1)

Mary Jane + Tenel Ka (via trump) vs. Plo Koon + Sasee Tiin (via trump)

FIGHT!!!

9. Zonama_Mekot

Jan 25, 2004
    Damn Taiwo I figured you would have been the voice of reason in this match if one of the other judges got a little crazy...

Yes Kyle has good experience and he has killed many Pooka Jedi and yada yada. But fact is he is a mid-high level Jedi in mildly strong era. Malak on the other hand was the #2 Jedi and #1 Sith in his era, a time of constant wars and conflict. I'm not trying to say that he's better because he's from this era, or even because he was at the top of the game in this era.

Malak led the Jedi side by side with Revan into the Mandalorian Wars and ended up victorious. That right there is several years of CONSTANT conflict. After this he and Revan learned the ways of the Sith, another notch in his belt. They took the battle to the Jedi and he gains even more experience. After he betrayed Revan the Sith became even stronger under his rule and the Jedi were desperate. The same Jedi order that only a couple decades earlier was able to deal with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma now was on the run from Malak. Pretty Impressive if you ask me.

Now we all know that Revan eventually defeated Malak, but how much can we hold that against him? Revan is certainly a special case and I know no one thinks Kyle is anywhere near his level.

Malak had the skill to stand toe to toe with Revan a couple times before finally being defeated. Kyle has never shown he has the ability to hang with anyone even close to Revan's level, and that's why he shouldn't be able to hang with Malak here.

Winner: Darth Malak

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Jaina can bust this trump. Mostly because we know her prowess better then the other two. Great Jedi though they are, Jaina's certainly done some great things in her career. If I'm wrong, Axle can fix it.
    Sidious
    Shaak Ti can bust this trump I believe
    And because I don't recall seeing Mara or Tenel ever battling together or fighting together
    as opposed to Saesee and Plo who've fought together often,generals during war,
    members of the council, fierce warriors etc. I give this one to Saesee and Plo.

11. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Ms. Ti has shown great skill in taking on multiple opponents. Cay has shown great skill in getting his ass kicked. He's decent, I suppose, and Tott's also pretty alright, but nothing to write home about. Decent trump, cohesive trump, but Shaak has a fairly good shot at busting it.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Whoa now!

Mara Jade is easily the most skilled combatant of the four in that match. I doubt she'd have gone down in 4 seconds against Sidious. On her own, I think she could give the trump of SaeSee and Plo Koon quite a bit of trouble. I'm not saying she'd bust the trump on her own, but she'd at least make them work really hard and would probably come close. Throw in an extra combatant with whom she's at least very familiar, even if she hasn't directly fought alongside her before, and the two chicks should take the match. Fairly easily.

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Umm. If you want to compare everything to that 4 minutes of Sidious, then Mara still loses since she never got 1 second of screentime. Rather, I am judging by Comic and Book accomplishments. And frankly they've done things better then Mara on their own. Mara, if you've noticed tends to also be paired with someone a bit better. Such as Luke or Anakin, or Jaina. Tenel Ka is certainly not better, let alone = to any of those people. Oh yes Mara is good. But not better then Plo and Saesee in this. And Tenel Ka will lose her other arm rather fast. And then it would end up a gang up on Mara ordeal and she'd STILL lose. But if I'm wrong, there are 2 other judges.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That makes sense. Mara got zero seconds of screen time so she loses.

Try making sense next time, Minch.

15. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    My trump should win. I have spoken!

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I was saying that you can't judge Saesee and Plo purely on screen time.

That was all I am saying. But without getting out my comics,

Both particapted on the front lines during the Yinchorri Crisis, Koon was famous for his actions and leadership during
    the Stark Hyperspace War. Through Saesee, Plo communicated with the council since both have powerful telepathic abilities. Plo also was present during the Malastare crisis and fought along several other councilors. Saesee was in Cloak of Despection and helped deal with the Nebula front. Saesee and Mace's also fought in several battles of the clone wars.
    Both fought on Geonosis and handled the Rendelli crisis.

Mara was trained by The Emperor. I'm not saying she's not good. I'm saying she's not as good as 2 seasoned Jedi Councilors. Remember, Saesee was taken by suprise. Plo too. Face to face, this trump can dispatch Tenel Ka fast and then move on to Mara.
    Were it Mara and Luke, Mara and Anakin, Mara and Jacen, Jaina , Leia or even Saba, yes Mara would have this. But its Tenel Ka.
    And while Tenel Ka is a fierce warrior, she's not nearly as powerful as her peers. That's mostly due to the fault of the writers I think. And not fighting with Mara to my knowledge also hurts any idea that this trump can work as well as two old friends who've fought together several times, communicated from lightyears apart, and are two of the few jedi on the council that made it from tpm to rots. In between there most jedi were killed and replaced. Also in the novel of ROTS, Saesee had his head lopped of for trying to read Palpatine's mind under a trick of Palpatine. And if you think Mara could take Palpatine, you're nuts. Luke couldn't take him the first time. Daddy had to save him. At the same time, Mara was no pushover during the Vong war, but she didn't fight alone. She was either with Luke, Jaina or Anakin. So again, because of who she's with, I believe the trump that has more battle experience together is more skilled to defeat Mara and Tenel Ka. And if Axle disagrees he can vote for Mara.

Hopefully now you can understand my reasoning. Its not that Mara's not good. If it were her vs. Plo or Saesee, she'd probably win. But with both of them, they would take her out.And I don't see a one armed Jedi Knight being much help against two Jedi Councilors. Tenel is out of her league and is more of a hinderance to Mara then a help.

17. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Bespin Conference

Game 1

...Damn. Can I hear some arguments for this?

Game 2

[image=http://www.findserenitynow.com/images/barney/rwb_email_02.gif]

"OMG my BM powerz are SUPER DE DUPER!"

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Sith_lightning.jpg]

"Can you say that louder, I can't hear it over the SIZZLE!"

Winner: "Not...a Jedi."

Game 1

Magna Guards these kids ain't.

Winner: Trump

Game 2

This one requires a bit of deliberation. Can anyone name someone that Koon and Tiin fought saber on saber or Force on Force for more than two seconds?

No?

Okay, forget that deliberation thing.

Winner: Crimson-haired Femme Fatales(and an odd shade of crimson, too)

18. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    ...Damn. Can I hear some arguments for this?

Um, Jaina Solo pretty much kills them?

19. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

Bespin Conference

Game 1

hrmmmmmmm...
    i know that this is one of those things that i should just go with the gut on, but really i don't know. lemme look into this here. jaina solo, or lord hoth and his friend kiel cheiarny? jaina solo, or lord hoth and kiel cheiarny? hmmmmmmm. i'm affraid i'm gonna have to give this one to the trump.

winner: trump

Game 2

SLICE!!!!

Winner: Thon

Hoth Conference

Game 1

Yeah, this trump is worth a lot in my book. while i think shaak could whip out her shaak fu on these guys just fine individually, together their trump works better than even the closest married couples. [face_mischief]

Game 2

imma have to agree with ol' minchie on this one. these two (the old guys that is) have seen their fair share of action and know what end of the lightsaber is the deadly one. while mary jane and tenel ka have seen some action too, they're just not enough to pull this off.

Winner: strange old alien men

20. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Okay, um, anybody got a list of Hoth and Charny's achievements?

Didn't think so. Jaina straight up owns them-- power-wise, skill-wise, experience-wise.

21. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    I can't believe that whoever had Mara got robbed like that. Koon and Tiin have done a total of jack ****, whereas Mara moved thousands of rocks at a time with her mind while maintaining an oxygen bubble, fought hundreds of Killiks, and has WAY more experience than Koon and Tiin put together...and Tenel Ka was slaying darksiders at 16.

Meh.

I'm giving the first match to Jaina, for the same reason that the Mara/Tenel trump should have won. Done something > done nothing but have fancy titles.

22. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005

and now, number 4

Bespin Conference

Game 1
    Ken's Berries vs. Eagle's Dudes (3-0)

Quinlan Vos vs. Lord HOth (forefit)

Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (1-2)

Ganner + Kameron Solusar (via trump) vs. Jerec

Hoth Conference

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (2-1)

Ikrit vs. Saba Sebatyne

Game 2
    Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" vs. Mekots Murauders (1-2)

Jacen Solo vs. Lumiya

FIGHT!!!

23. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Game 2
    Plo Koon's Goons vs. Team Sidious (1-2)

Ganner + Kameron Solusar (via trump) vs. Jerec

Yawn.

Game 1
    Wing Kong Exchange vs. Kenobi's Talons (2-1)

Ikrit vs. Saba Sebatyne

Haven't seen much from rabbit boy combat wise, but I bet he's really horny.

Winner: Saba

Game 2
    Knights who say: "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" vs. Mekots Murauders (1-2)

Jacen Solo vs. Lumiya

Lumiya gets fried. Again.

Winner: Jacen

24. Zonama_Mekot

Jan 25, 2004
    Easy round, lets keep this baby rolling!

EDIT: Hey look what I found....

DarthIntegral
    Title: Comic Book Draft Host
    41184_Borsk
    Date Posted: 2/13 5:47pm Subject: RE: The Bay City Jedi Draft
    Alright, TEAMS! This is why my squad was assembled for. The Jedi (Knights) who say Nee! are much better as a whole than looking at just the sum of their parts. But, for arguments sake, we'll look at it the old fashioned way:

Jacen Solo > Exar Kun
    Kyle Katarn < Darth Malek

Even Integral admitted that Malak > Kyle, but alas, 'tis too late now.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah ... Kyle > Malek almost makes up for my trump getting robbed

almost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.