main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI The Bay City Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Axle-Starweilder, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You ... you're joking, right?

As if it matters if Jacen believes there is a Darkside. All that matters is: He has comparable skill with a saber and much more polished USE of the force ability that both have about the same amount of potential to use.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    No I'm not. Jacen has used the dark side. But more when necessary. Anakin has used it out of anger and because he could. He's far more profiecent in the dark side and a better warrior. Jacen could be a great warrior. its been apparent since jedi academy. But he's still not there yet. He's still holding back. Anakin has never held back. I simply believe in a battle, Anakin is the better opponent. And I've gone back and forth on this judgement since yesterday. And at first, I really was ready to give this to Jacen. But then, I ended up looking through some republic comics for some reason. And I reread parts of Traitor and Dark Nest. I'm not convinced at this time Jacen is powerful enough to beat the chosen one or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Perhaps when LOTF's first book comes out, my opinion will change. But not at this moment.

3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    See? Valid reasoning isn't that hard, now is it?

4. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    You refer to "The dark side" as simply using your anger...When really there is much much more to it than that...Jacen might not belivie in it but he too knows how to use it...He would do what ever it takes to win...Look at Swarm War he tells Luke to use his anger...Obviously he either done it before or is ready to do it...What did you think he was napping for those 5 years way??? Anakin simly uses anger when jacen could and would use anger and more...And anger isn't the dark side its simply a ability used to gather dark side energy into you to make you stronger faster.

5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Let's not go into the Potentium issue.

Rogue Planet: I forget who it is but Anakin kills someone. He's maybe 11 or 12.
    Clone Wars: Gets ticked, crushes asajj's hand and knocks her off a cliff. Also chokes the Wat Tambor scientist (can't recall species name).
    Republic 73(?) Wraps Aurra in a bunch of metal and wires and lets her plummet into the depths or Coruscant.

Jacen:
    NJO: Not much until Traitor. Then he starts to fight. Doesn't, if I recall correctly kill Omini so much as zap him. He reverses his deformities and lets the toxins kill Omini. That's his big fight unless you count him lopping off Tsavong's fight.
    DN: He fries Taa' Chume's brain. Whoopdie doo. Anakin's done worse. He's erased some memories. Lomi Plo stabbed him in the gut.

I'm not saying Jacen's isn't powerful. But he isn't powerful enough to defeat Anakin yet.

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    You guys want me to Kenobi you all at once, or just give you a rebate and send it to you in the mail?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [crowd_chant]Kenobiage! Kenobiage! Kenobiage![/crowd]

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    You're not going to change my mind on this one. So you can rest your hands. Now if Integral wants to try, he's welcome to.
    Convince me that Jacen is strong enough to take out the Chosen one. Obi-Wan barely did it. Dooku got his head lopped off , Mace lost an arm and a bunch of jedi and seperatists were sliced and diced by his blade pre and post vader.

Jacen essentially followed the twisted advice of a chicken. His big accomplishments in NJO are saving his mom and lopping off lah's foot, jedi meld, sliced and diced vong and voxyn, getting captured and opened up to the potentium, finding sekot and taking out omini. True he helped defeat Exar Kun, but if you want to get technical, Anakin skywalker defeated Dooku and Palpatine. Perhaps LOTF will convince me otherwise, but based on everything out there right now, my judgement stands. It's up to Axle whether he agrees or disagrees.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ok, I concede.

If the match takes place where Anakin gets to walk in while Jacen is near the end of a battle against Darth Sidious, then, yes, Anakin totally takes out Jacen. No doubt about it.

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Did I say Mace lost a life to Anakin? no. I am comparing it to Jacen taking Tsavong Lah's foot.

In A LOT of ways these two are similiar. The difference is that Anakin became a sith, and (so far) Jacen didn't. That doesn't mean becoming a sith makes you all powerful. But Jacen's only used the "dark side" part of the force a few times and for smaller deeds like frying brains, roasting a chicken etc. Anakin's actually killed with it twice. Anakin, at this point, still outdoes Jacen. If you believe differently, then provide some examples. I have no problem reversing the judgement if you have a convincing enough arguement. But for this match, you've remained silent and offered no proof as to why Jacen beats "the Chosen One". That means I have to go with my knowledge of Jacen's actions in Jedi Academy, YJK, NJO and DN compared to Anakin's in the movies, comics,cartoon and the novels. Is it possible I missed something? yes. So feel free to convince me otherwise rather then take a post out of context and ask if I'm joking about my judgement.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd rather wait for you to say something that doesn't contain something absolutely stupid in it. You say that an example of Anakin Skywalker being more powerful is that he became a full-fledged sith. Even though the draft list says "Anakin Skywalker (seperate from Darth Vader)". So, really, you can't give credit to Anakin Skywalker for things that Darth Vader did. Such as using the Dark Side as a Sith Lord.

And I have no need to provide "proof". I doubt I could say things better than Suzuki already said them. I doubt I could say things better than Kenobi said during the Windu-Jacen battle in the finals of the South Nevada draft. You want a link to those statements, I'll gladly provide.

All I'll say is look at the actual force powers both employed. You will see a much greater depth in the number of and variety of powers that Jacen uses as opposed to what Anakin uses. Hence, Jacen shows a greater mastery of the force powers than Anakin does. I think saber skill is close, but I'm willing to give a slight edge to Jacen. I think experience is close, but I think that Jacen's experience in a war against sentient beings lends itself better than Anakin's experience in a war primarily against droids (not that he didn't have some run-ins with sentients, just saying it was primarily against droids). So I think a slight edge to Jacen in experience. I'll also say that it then comes down to mastery of the Force. Jacen, in my opinion, has shown more mastery of the Force. Anakin also, to use your Dark Side argument, has to battle himself internally to ever use the Dark Side as his ally. Jacen, as you point out, has no belief that there is a dark side, hence there is no harm in using and "Dark Side powers". Hence, no hesitation to use anything in his arsenal, hence another edge.

I think it's really close, but I think that Jacen takes it.

But, please, don't offer up things like slicing off Mace's hands as proof of Anakin's great power.

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I can if the things he did were prevader. Vader wasn't born until Windu's death.
    Before that he tries to kill Ventress twice. Shoots Durge off into space(though I consider that lightside), Kills a few Skakoan by squeezing them in a force choke and in rogue planet
    let's not forget the tusken slaughter. But not the nice leave it to your imagination. The Book version.

Granted Jacen could slaughter tuskens. He did something similiar I believe with the Nursery scene. Its more about the dark side deed.

So clearly, these weren't as vader. All of these were pre-Palps killing Windu. Most Pre-ROTS. So please retract your statement about my posts being stupid.

Here's my thinking on power. Jacen is powerful. Oh there's no doubt about that. But his first master's training was incomplete. Jacen tried to complete that with his journey post-NJO. On the other hand, Anakin training was unorthodox and also somewhat incomplete. Being the chosen one, a lot of things he did were stronger and came naturally. Jacen had to learn a lot of his training whereas Anakin was already doing things like TK and burning people in his early teens. Jacen's career isn't less impressive, but his opponents are when compared to Anakin. But that's not what I base my judgement on. I still believe warrior

13. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    You eat pieces of **** for breakfast? :confused:

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    With English muffins?

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Finally, you post things that actually apply to Anakin Skywalker. Kudos, minch. I think you finally figured it out. =D=

16. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    I would just like to bring up the point that

A I didn't mention the pentium thing

and

B Jacen can redrict blasters with the force and trap people in there own minds...He also learned very powerful force illusions...

Like mabye making Anakin wacthing Padme die then trapping him in his own mind...

Anakin..."NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

17. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Doing that would make Anakin into Darth Vader, I don't think Jacen wants that to happen. And remember when he found out Padme was dead he destroyed that room and Sidious had to struggle with that raw power, of a burnt and decayed chosen one. However, if you want that to happen and make my Anakin into Vader go ahead

18. BENSKYWAKER

Oct 28, 2005
    It really woudn't...Sure he'd be mad...Really mad but it would distract him long enough for Jacen to trap him in his own mind...And even if that didn't work he woudn't be a true Vader he would just be a really mad Anakin...He turned Darth because of sidious who isn't here...

19. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Well wouldn't he be the Vader that fought Obi-wan. All Sidious did was name him and tell him to destroy the Temple. So ROTS Vader would be Anakin mad and still a bit reluctant.

Anakin is extremely powerful and more so then Kyp and Kyp knocked Luke out of his mind when not trained. Now imagine Anakin, who is good enough to be a master. Jacen sends the vision into him, he see Padme die. The force and anger that would come from that would through Jacen off. It would be as if he angered the force itself. We would then have an Anakin, probably more powerful then the one that attack the temple and Kenobi going after Jacen. This is an Anakin filled with pure hatred throwing around the full darkside of the force. I don't think I would want to be anywhere near an enraged Anakin Skywalker, who thinks padme was dead, and that this guy put that imagine in his mind. It would be like an atomic bomb going off inside him and raw untapped power is the most deadly. I think if that happened, Jacen would learn that there is a darkside and how terrible it is. Heck Anakin might just kill both of them in the process!

Although, like everything, this is just speculation.

20. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    so talon brought to my attention that i hadn't updated this draft in quite some time.
    he was right. and for those of you that have been biting your nails and watiting patiently for some sweet-assed bay-city-draft action, we salute you.
    another thing that has been brought to my attention is that manhattan clam chowder is not really anything like chowder at all, it's too runny. i still like new england clam chowder better.

for my judgements i'll have to agree with taiwo. i think that leia, while a skywalker and a mom and all of that, will not be enough to handle the trump of kameroin and teh sucky ganner. even if he is sucky, he ain't too bad.

and the biggie-fry match here is a doozie too, but let's face it, kids; jacen has just gotten that good.

winners are:

ze trump, and that solo boy

the next round shall be: 5

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (2-3)

Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Kameron Solusar (forefit)

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(3-2)

Kenth Hamner(forefit) vs. Visas Marr

FIGHT!!!

hey wait a minute. i guess these matches all sort of solve themselves, hey?
    well, i'll put team battles up there in a moment.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    TEAMS!!!!

Bespin Conference

Ken's Berries vs. Plo Koonies Goonies (3-3)

obi-wan, mace jaina solo, quinlan vos, leia organa-solo, aayla secura, echuu shen-jon, and oppo rancissisisis

vs.

luke, nomi, acre jeth, ganner, kam, thon, vergere, dark woman

Hoth Conference

The Knights who say: NEEEEEEEEEEEE! vs. Kenobi's Talons(3-3)

jacen solo, kyle katarn, corran horn, mary jane, jaden korr, kenth ham-sandwich, tenel ka, and ben skywalker

vs.

anakin skywalker, ulic qel droma, saba sebatyne, cay qel droma, tesar sebatyne, tater tott doneeta, neeja halcyon, and visas marr

FIGHT!!!

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I feel very foolish. I forgot that when Axle wanted to see how I'd judge one of them was anakin v jacen. And I voted Jacen. Apparently I forgot why I had done that.

Here's the actual pm:

Had I remembered about the emotions part and not focused on the power and dueling, I'd have voted for Jacen. So I want to apologize to Integral for voting against Jacen when I'd already voted for him before the draft started. :oops:

And this makes team battles that much easier.

You know Luke could take Mace. I have doubts on Obi-Wan, but its possible. But Obi-Wan with Mace and Vos and his sister AND niece. Plus the strategizing of Rancisis just makes this a clear match in my mind. Luke is the best thing on the other team. Nomi, Arca, Ganner,Kam,Thon, Vergere and yes even Dark Woman all get slaughtered by Ken's players.

Winner: Ken's Slaughterhouse

Anakin and Ulic are good and together could take on Jacen. Saba and her kid are good. But that's about the extent of it. Cay, tott, neeja and visas aren't as good as the Knights backfield. I think Corran, Kyle, Mara and Kenth make a powerful force. Tenel and Jaden only help. And with Jacen as the powerhouse, I don't see the Talons winning this.

Winner: The Knights

23. Twelve_Parsecs

Twelve_Parsecs Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2006
    EXAR KUNST0PPABLE!!!111!!11!!

Kudos to those that get the old draft joke.

24. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  25. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Sorry, it's pronounced "Koon".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.