main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Bear Clan in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Vaderbait, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Ah yes, those cute, cuddly little kids holding deadly lightsabers in AOTC. :) Well, I personally believe they were included to explain Obi-Wan claiming Yoda taught him, but perhaps they will play a role in III as well?

Speculation makes the world go 'round you know.

2. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    let's hope they are gruesomely included in the jedi purge!!! go for that R rating george!

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I'm goin with pkloa on this one. Kill the kiddies! :D. [/color]

4. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Ah yes, those cute, cuddly little kids holding deadly lightsabers in AOTC.

Well, I think that they are actually training lightsabers (lower setting). I mean, you wouldn't want a kid slicing off another's arm (or other important limb) in class, now would you?

Anyway, I believe that the Bear Clan shall die, though I don't think it'll be onscreen. While it might be nice to have an R rating, I don't think Lucas will go over a PG-13 rating for Ep. 3.

5. bad radio

bad radio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    All I have to say about the Bear Clan is this: If Anakin kills those kids, I don?t care who he throws down a shaft, his redemption will be lost.

6. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I don't think they'll fight, but it would be nice :)

7. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I think those kids would give Anakin a run for his money.

8. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]haha, I could see two kids grab on to his legs and not let him walk. let's see anakin do his fancy moves now!! :D[/color]

9. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Well they don't have to die. If they have no one to train them they can't become jedi. I don't think they will fight or be killed onscreen either.

10. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Which one was Lucas' adopted son? was it really the boy that answered Yoda's question?
    I wanna see "Liam" the one Yoda tells to shut the blinds. "Yo, Liam! Shut the blinds!"

11. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Bear Clan Kid: Master?

Darth Vader: Your powers are weak young man..

BCK: Master?

Darth Vader: Dont make me destroy you...

:_|

12. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I'm with NiktosRule on this one, without masters to train them they are no threat to Palpatine.

I think GLs son (Jet?) was the boy in the library.

13. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    [face_laugh] I love this thread...

seriously:
    even if they didn't have anyone to train them, they are still strong in the force and the ep II novel shows that obi-wan remembers his training from way back when he was that age. They might not grow up to be full jedi, but they would have seen what Palp did to their masters and would have been great, force using, allies to the rebellion...
    ...all the more reason to off 'em

14. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Bad Radio
    I kinda agree with you there. Which is why he wont be the one to kill them, and you'll nver actually see what happens to them.

Vader will be after only CERTAIN Jedi members, such as Plo Koon, Mace Windu (maybe) and other such Council members.

15. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Two points:

I think GL might mention their slaughter, but not show it. Think about it...doesn't he want to make us think that Vadar is too far gone for help? Wouldn't killing children get the point that Vader is absolute evil?

Other point. GL son was cut from the movie. I have a great biography from A&E about George...it really paints him in a great light. I would recommend it to you all. In it, it shows his son running up a flight of stairs in the Temple with Obi walking down. I figure this was supposed to be the analysis droid scene, or just before you see obi crossing the large room before the younglings scene.

16. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    sorry Jet is the padawan that Jocasta nu goes to after she talks with Obi-wan

17. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'll have to check the biography again, but they didn't look anything alike.....where did you find that out

18. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Darth Vader: If you will not turn to the darkside, then perhaps Liam will...

19. DickieSWnut

DickieSWnut Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    This is my first response to the board!I don't agree with TenorAprentice. We have seen Anakin murder women and children in AOTC. Yes they were tusken raiders but they're still humans. They just have a different way of life. George isn't afraid to imply that darth will kill the children.

Besides, EPIII will not show Vader walking into the temple and hacking down a thousand Jedi. The Sith are smarter than that. I think Vader will be forced to Bomb the temple in order to fully turn to the Dark Side for Palpy. We will see it crumble but we won't see children actually die. Either way I have faith that Lucas will do it right.

20. Tessek's BodyGuard

Tessek's BodyGuard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    I just had a thought of how the Bear clan could be in ep3. What if anakin or dooku is wandering the temple, killing jedi one by one, and comes across the bear clan. Just before the baddie strikes, Yoda comes in saber blazing to protect the younglings. They escape, only to die ofscreen in some massive explosion, and either yoda retreats or the baddie runs away, to return at the final duel at the end of the movie.

Just an idea, but Yoda must ignite his saber once more or people are going to be pi$$ed.

21. Oldy Von Moldy

Oldy Von Moldy Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2000
    The itty, bitty, Jedi Younglings should be rounded up by the Emperor--so he can warp their training, completely enslave their wills, and teach them just enough for them to become competent bodyguards so they can serve as his personal crimson-garbed Imperial Guard.

22. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    We appear to have two similar threads, this one and this one.

EDIT: See, this is what happens when Windy goes away - pure chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.